PDA

View Full Version : Disney Haunted Mansion

drfrightner
07-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know for sure what Disney is doing to the Orlando Mansion???

Larry

Warren Vanderdark
08-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Larry-
There are all manner of rumors flying around the web regarding the goings-on at Gracey Manor. The most persistent ones are that it'll be getting an audio-visual upgrade (there are what's said to be some truly stunning new effects in Madame Leota's room at the California Mansion) and that MAYBE, just MAYBE that with the recent re-theming of the attic scene, we'll see a return of the long-missing "Hatbox Ghost"...

Fraidycat
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
We are going to Disney next spring. The mansion was always one of my favorites but it was definetly getting outdated. I am looking forward to the update.

coaster992001
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
they'd better not add an eddie murphy animatronic. it seems Disney is focusing on the movies too much recently. *thinks of the pirates upgrade*..

vekoma
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
My family is planning on going to California this coming spring break, and plan on going to both Disney parks, so I may go on the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland!

Nightmaretony
01-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Still a great ride. Me lives an hour from there. Also, there are 3 Vekoma rides at Disneyland, Vek. See if you can figure out which ones they are :D

Pretendman
03-24-2008, 11:28 PM
My family is planning on going to California this coming spring break, and plan on going to both Disney parks, so I may go on the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland!

Of course, you go on it. It's a classic ride that never gets old. Especially when you take a youngster.

Pretendman

icarian
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
if my memory serves me, the orlando rides by vekoma are:

1. Goofy's Barnstormer
2: Rockin' Rollercoaster
3. Expedition Everest
4. Space Mountain

i might be wrong though. im not sure about space mountain... that one might by by Arrow...

Pretendman
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
no, you were right. They didn't do anything special this year in Disneyland in CA.
But the traditional Nightmare B4 Christmas will be rockin' starting this Friday.

PumpkinGIRL
02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Besides The tower of terror in disney Hollywood studios which i ride over and over again, The Haunted Manison is the other reason I gone, I went for mickeys halloween party and the haunted manison was decked out in smoke and lights. IT was deffentily worth the trip. I haven't been able to get to disneyland for Haunted Manison holiday. I would love to go though Im a huge Nightmare before chirstmas fan. I even bought a huge Jack skellington plush for my bedroom. LOL

derekatronic
06-22-2010, 03:51 PM
they'd better not add an eddie murphy animatronic.

Now that's a scary idea.

Joe P
07-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I love it! Just went through it AGAIN last week, they have a walk trhough graveyard thats interactive, plus they have revamped the hitchhiking ghosts and a few other minor details. It has new life!!!

drfrightner
01-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Has anyone seen all the new renovations they did to the que line??? When I was in Orlando last year they had it all blocked off from public eye... how did it all turn out?

Larry

Dalloween
01-30-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWLV3Fqn_k

Dalloween
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmSGxZPAdk

Hauntcast
03-17-2013, 07:19 AM
I took my kids to the Disney World in November. It was the first time for all of us. Of course one of first stops was the HM. The first time I went through there was a technical difficulty and the video was not working for ghost hitch hiking illusion at the very end of the ride. I went back through the next day a few more times and it was working perfectly. What an amazing effect. The HM definitely lives us to the hype. The detail is amazing. From what I understand the interactive cue line walk through was new. It was a great way to kill time in line.

Twiztedfaces
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
well me and the family just came back from disney world during mardi gras break we spent 6 days there so on our 2nd day to magic kingdom
me and my daughter (7yr) rode HM 7 times in a row to see all the hitchhicking ghost, there where several differant ones. but we had a blast , my daughter memorized the begining part where they stick you in that room that shrinks, well as soon as the lights would go out she would run to the middle of the room and start screaming like something was wrong and everyone would look at her and she would say some crazy stuff and then runs to the back of the crowd to me laughing hysterically, we had so much fun that day trying to scare people . we rode it a total of 10 times and space mountain 5 times .....and talk about back pain ....ouch....i know this is an old post but it just brought back some cool memories i wanted to share.
kevin

wickedfarmer
03-24-2013, 07:01 PM
move to the center of the room. The DEAD center.

Wicked Farmer

The Grinning Raven
06-12-2013, 03:50 AM
Can still remember my first trip through the Haunted Mansion. As I do many of the Brilliant rides in Disneyland. My Grandfather was a good friend of Walt Disney.. in fact it was my Grandfathers fields of Oranges that Walt wanted as the place to build his dream. I think that Disneyland and everything about Disney sparked the my imagination and love for creativity. Although there are many rides in the park that are absolutely Brilliant there was and will never be a ride like The Haunted Mansion... All of the Brilliants of the storyline the magic of the effects its ability to take us far away, a magical place, if only for one day!

It is always awesome to find new fans of The Haunted Mansion. I love it so much I am creating and turning my home office into a Disney Haunted Mansion Tribute. With all of the creativeness I have gathered... All the paintings of the mansion, Leota, 13 hour clock... and even... maybe not so brilliant... but even some of the Magic of the mansion. I hope to continue to share the creations I am able to recreate and hope you all enjoy....

The photo below is an my most recent painting.. It is an Original Painting Of Madame Leota just finshed a week ago. Hope you enjoy... The Grinning Raven16561

drfrightner
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmSGxZPAdk

When posting YOUTUBE VIDEOS just hit the button that looks like a film clip and paste the url of the video and boom!!!

Larry

drfrightner
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
FYI... for those who don't know they are developing a brand new Disney Haunted Mansion movie with the same guy from Hell Boy. Suppose to be scarier and NO EDDIE MURPHY!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1695843/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Not much listed but I know they are working on it! They want to get it right this time and start a new Franchise ... here is a link to the original story. Now that Toro isn't doing anything with Hobbit he might jump on this next. http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/07/new-disney-live-action-haunted-mansion-movie-to-be-directed-by-guillermo-del-toro/

Larry

DansHauntedHouse
04-16-2014, 10:38 AM
:) I love this ride