PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist Room Help?

dshaunt
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
We are planning to have a exorcist room with an Emily Rose character...any cool ideas for this other than having her breaking free from the bed and chains?
Also , does anyone know of any exorcist make-up kits?
Thanks,
Drew
www.deadenddungeon.com

Medusa53
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I think your best bet for makeup would probably be to find a good picture of Linda Blairs makeup in "The Exorcist" and try to copy it on your own.Personally,I've never seen a special kit.
As for the scene,have your actress get down on the floor and do the "crab crawl" maybe with her head leaning backwards, and crawl backwards toward the group.
Or, have a priest or a little sister standing there with their back to the group as they walk in.The priest could be doing some kind of exorcism or the sister could be screaming"No...No" Have your"Emily Rose fall face down and have the priest or sister spin around to the group,showing them that they are now the one possessed!!!Make sure the priest or sister is real close to your group(not close enough to get slapped of course).Be sure to use a fan to make curtains move,play some creepy music...Gore Galore sells a cd named Demonic Voices..I own it,it's pretty good.If you can manage it,tie strings to several items in the room and have someone behind the scenes make the objects move"by themselves".Experiment with colored lights.I would think that green would work well but so might red or blue.I don't know how much work you want to put into this room,but The "Monster List" has instructions on how to make a levitating woman.Oh,and don't forget the colored contact lenses if they're in your budget!!Hope these ideas help...good luck!

dshaunt
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I think your best bet for makeup would probably be to find a good picture of Linda Blairs makeup in "The Exorcist" and try to copy it on your own.Personally,I've never seen a special kit.
As for the scene,have your actress get down on the floor and do the "crab crawl" maybe with her head leaning backwards, and crawl backwards toward the group.
Or, have a priest or a little sister standing there with their back to the group as they walk in.The priest could be doing some kind of exorcism or the sister could be screaming"No...No" Have your"Emily Rose fall face down and have the priest or sister spin around to the group,showing them that they are now the one possessed!!!Make sure the priest or sister is real close to your group(not close enough to get slapped of course).Be sure to use a fan to make curtains move,play some creepy music...Gore Galore sells a cd named Demonic Voices..I own it,it's pretty good.If you can manage it,tie strings to several items in the room and have someone behind the scenes make the objects move"by themselves".Experiment with colored lights.I would think that green would work well but so might red or blue.I don't know how much work you want to put into this room,but The "Monster List" has instructions on how to make a levitating woman.Oh,and don't forget the colored contact lenses if they're in your budget!!Hope these ideas help...good luck!
Thanks a lot, I just odered some white and lime green contacts and im sure i can throw in a fan to move the curtains. Thanks again

Nightmaretony
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
As a small point of interest, it was NEVER Linda Blair in the makeup but a very nice stuntlady by the name of Eileen Deitz who did all that stuntwork.

thehauntedhollows
08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
it was linda blair for most of it. There was just a special on Entertainment Weekly and she said she still has back injuries from one of the final scenes when she was shaking all around. She also said the screaming in that scene was real- she even fractured her back- she was treated bad by the movie makers. She also said they would bring in 2 large freezing units overnight and bring the temp to 17 below. By the time the lights and cameras were on the scene and filming, it was up to 0 degrees f. Ahh