PDA

View Full Version : pictures of my home haunt

bcragirl
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
my home haunt is called the black cat riding acedemy. it is a haunted stable themed home haunt. i have been doing home haunts for 3 years.

pics

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/iheartbuea/?action=view&current=DSCN0851.jpg

^^^ scary tack room

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/iheartbuea/?action=view&current=DSCN0846.jpg

^^^^ scary farrier (far left on table), scary vet and scary horse in stall

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/iheartbuea/?action=view&current=DSCN0842.jpg

^^^^ scary arena

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/iheartbuea/?action=view&current=DSCN0843.jpg

^^^^ gift shop and silent auction room

bcragirl

Chris
09-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Looks fun. I hope you have a great season!

Empressnightshade
09-21-2006, 10:35 AM
DITTO!

Have a GREAT haunting this season!

SomeThingInTheIce
09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Very nice, I like your gift shop. Have a safe and fun Halloween bcragirl. You have halloween in your hart and in your blood.

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Yay! such a great little haunt you have there!

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 05:19 PM
it is supposed to be a haunted stable

bcragirl

haunter112
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
It's definitely creepy!

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
thanks

bcragirl

Empressnightshade
09-21-2006, 06:48 PM
it is supposed to be a haunted stable

bcragirl

That's quite a unique idea. A Haunted Stable....
Are you a horse lover?

Raycliff Manor
09-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I enjoyed your pictures bcragirl! I really like the horse you call Pumpkin! What an appropriate name for a haunter to give her horse. I'm assuming you named him/her. :wink:

Kel

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Are you a horse lover?

Are you serious?? Ha-ha-ha.....

Well I would say riding horses is more your forte.

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 07:20 PM
i am horse crazy. i have been riding english stlye for 1 year now. i half-lease a horse (basically I can call him my horse and I get to ride him 3 times a week and we pay a certain amount of $ per month, my trainer won't lease him (luke the horse) out to anyone else, even though is is a half-lease i am the only one leasing him). Pumpkin the horse (?) in the haunt?, I'm confused?

bcragirl

Raycliff Manor
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
When I clicked through the pictures, there was a picture of a horse (pony) and the caption was Pumpkin. I was assuming that was the horses name...

Kel

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
that horse, pumpkin was mini horse, he is not the horse that i lease. pumpkin died of heart complications. here is a picture of luke (the horse i lease) http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/iheartbuea/?action=view&current=0e847754.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch9

bcragirl

Empressnightshade
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Are you a horse lover?

Are you serious?? Ha-ha-ha.....

Well I would say riding horses is more your forte.
Yes. I'm VERY serious.

Raycliff Manor
09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Sad about Pumpkin. Luke looks like a beautiful horse!

Kel

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
luke is real beauty in real life, he is queter horse and he is a gelding and he loves me

bcragirl

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I once had a decapitated horse scene in the haunt i work at! horse heads were laying everywere ,very bloody.

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
no offence and not trying to be mean but as a avid horse lover that scene would offend me greatly and i understand that haunts can do whatever they want but that is not my cup of tea, personally

bcragirl

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 08:07 PM
dont worry we did not use real horse heads , it was just pony heads most customers did not even notice lucky us!

bcragirl
09-21-2006, 08:10 PM
i would notice in a heartbeat, even though you did not use real horse heads that would still offend me.

bcragirl

steve
09-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey, I really liked looking at your pictures, youve definately got great aspiration....

(and bcragirl - Dont worry about DeathCharger...)

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I was only teasing.

But it does beg the question, would you be equally as offended if you saw headless humans?

:wink:

deathcharger
09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
I know this may sound sick but thats why i slaughtered the pony's the way i did"stab after stab, slash after slash they all fell"

Jim Warfield
09-21-2006, 10:25 PM
The war movie "Patton", with George C. Scott was censored when they put it on TV, they eliminated the scene in which Patton finds a donkey cart on a bridge holding up his column of men and machines (as the Germans are strafing them) he pulled out his pistol, shot each donkey, the next camera angle is from the river looking up at the bridge as the dead donkeys and cart fall toward the lense.
It is a war movie, people are getting shot and blown to bits but we can't have little "Suzy" seeing the innocent donkeys get assasinated for the sake of a couple of thousand humans' lives!
If this was a true incident, maybe little Suzy wouldn't be here to worry about the donkeys if her Grandpa had been machine gunned by the German airplane as their secret agent donkeys played stupid and made them easy targets.

Chris
09-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I know this may sound sick but i once walked into a hourse stable and saw a woman with her mouth open and... well how can i say this???? she was making the horse stiff and more man like. what was most scaring was the dual fisted up and down motion over and over again, and cum to think of it maybe thats why i slaughtered the pony's the way i did"stab after stab, slash after slash they all fell"

Can someone ban this idiot?

deathcharger
09-22-2006, 09:04 PM
First off I only said what else everyone was thining... What in the hell is this?!?
Is it a joke? I thought this site was for professional haunters, and people in the haunting industry? Granted, everyone starts somewhere... But to me this meant to be a joke, as my postings were also. If you are going to have stuffed animals, they had better be bloody, and decapitated. No cardboard boo, eek!, or paper ghosts. Take it as you will, but these are my thoughts and expressions.

Joedog
09-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Did you ever think BCRA may be a young haunter or setting up something for small children?

not every haunt has to be a blood bath. It is not what is IN the haunt but what was put into the haunt. And I am not meaning props either.

deathcharger
09-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Of course i realize she is just starting out as a haunter but everyone is just saying its great , its the people that make her want to try harder that will help her, not WOW you are awsome. some times pushing it to a limit will make or break a person and i believe she will walk away from this with her head held high and grow.

KroneDaddy
09-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Some scary horses there, good luck, have a great Halloween!

Boo-neighhhhhh-whinny-boo

KroneDaddy

Joedog
09-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Maybe, if you have not sent her away in tears thinking we are a bunch of selfabsorbed better than thou jerks......

deathcharger
09-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Please your talking even crazier than me. We do live in the US dont we! i believe that if i say something that may be offensive its my right to do so, however even thought i look like the azz hole i would be more than willing to help her grow into a great haunter.

Empressnightshade
09-23-2006, 03:53 AM
...i would be more than willing to help her grow into a great haunter.

But, she never asked you or any of us for advice. She is quite happy with her haunt or she never would have brought it to us.

What we do is not just about how to make our customers crap their pants or puke in the nearest corner. It is also about lifting each other up. Making one another feel good about what they have accomplished. It may not be your idea of what haunting is all about, but sometimes our own ideals should to be laid aside for others. If someone is happy with what they are doing...what's the problem??

BCRA....
You go girl!! Here's wishing you success on your haunt! :)

bcragirl
09-23-2006, 06:56 AM
i am a home haunter, i don't have the $$ to go proffecianal. Small children DO go into my haunt. I purporsly make my home haunts not bloody or gory since it is geared towards famlies. I have done little tiny home haunts for the past 2 years and this is my best one yet. I spent many many hours makiing this home haunt and I am quite proud of it. Most things I had to re-use and make do with what I had since now I have my horse expenses. It is a free country and I can post on this board if I want to. The theme is a hanted stable.

bcragirl

Bonesaw
09-23-2006, 12:29 PM
i am a home haunter, i don't have the $$ to go proffecianal. Small children DO go into my haunt. I purporsly make my home haunts not bloody or gory since it is geared towards famlies. I have done little tiny home haunts for the past 2 years and this is my best one yet. I spent many many hours makiing this home haunt and I am quite proud of it. Most things I had to re-use and make do with what I had since now I have my horse expenses. It is a free country and I can post on this board if I want to. The theme is a hanted stable.

bcragirl

Yeah! Bravo bcragirl! :D You tell that "Jackhole"! Hey, therez alwayz one idiot in the group that has to show off ya kno. I think heez just tryin to upstage you but you held yur head up high and told em off!
Yes! You do have every right to post here and everyone (with only one exception) loved yur post too.
So stay with us and keep us updated cuz we're all with you gurl! :lol:
Maybe take some pictures of the people that come to yur haunt this year & post em. I'm sure everyone would love to see that.
Have a GREAT Halloween bcragirl and all the best!

screamlinestudios
09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
For the Record - DeathCharger is in no way associated with Screamline Studios.

We do know him, but he is not speaking for our company.

I'm not sure why he used our name - Please accept our apologies on his behalf.

We will have a word with him.

DeathReaper
09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
This pic was taken in October 2004.

http://hellhousecemetery.com/uploads/props-2004_0005.JPG

deathcharger
09-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Ya know, umm.. patronizing is another way of lying... in other words you're patronizing the person whom you're writing to... By saying ooh how lovely those plush donkeys are you could be saying oh... is that a haunt for children... how cute. I'm sure Wal-Mart has a family halloween site to be posting that on, other than a PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED SITE, now i'm not saying thrash her ideas, or tell her it's stupid. But c'mon when I saw those pictures I thought it was a joke... Most of us (discounting Joedog, and Bonesaw) have a sense of humor. Now I KNOW i'm not alone in these thoughts. And being the only one to step forward and say whoa... that's um... cute.. and doing a little casual razzing. Yeah of course I look like the bad guy... I was the only one who had the nerve to state my true feelings. And I'll say this.. I've recieved a few emails regaurding that BCRAGirl might possibly be mentally handicapped... well if you think that... it's because you think her haunt is designed by a mentally challeneged woman? Holy Crap! ... I never once called her anything offensive.. but Bonesaw, and another personally emailed me and had to state that they think that.... What the heck?

Bonesaw
09-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Again with yur bullcorn deathcharger!???
What are you tryin to prove here?
Man, you have serious problemz bro!
Get lost & get help. Therez more to life than being the biggest baddest haunter in the world ya know. Like being a human being. Being kind & considerate towards others. Itz attitudez of intolerance like yourz that make the world less than what it could be. I tolerate & appreciate everything except intolerance, bigots & stupidity.
Your, "You must do it like I do... and you must think like I do" attitude iz so narrow and idiotic that there really must be something wrong with you.
Hey, why don't you go and find a bunch of preschoolerz and tell em therez no Santa. That should give you a few chucklez huh! :evil:

Empressnightshade
09-24-2006, 03:08 AM
....however even thought i look like the azz hole....
Knowing is half the battle.

bcragirl
09-24-2006, 07:26 AM
i do have a learning disablity but i'm NOT memtally challneged. my learning disablity ONLY affects learning math and some proccesing stuff. I am NOT mentally challanged and i do NOT have down's syndrome I just have a learning diablity.

bcragirl

undertaker
09-24-2006, 08:05 AM
i do have a learning disablity but i'm NOT memtally challneged. my learning disablity ONLY affects learning math and some proccesing stuff. I am NOT mentally challanged and i do NOT have down's syndrome I just have a learning diablity.

bcragirl

Just curious, how old are you?

bcragirl
09-24-2006, 08:09 AM
i am 17

Empressnightshade
09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
This has gotten way out of hand and it's starting to make me quite angry!

bcragirl,

I have a fifteen year old son who has ADHD, OCD and Tourette Syndrome. I also have a ten year old with Autism. My youngest is who inspired me to begin a Nonprofit for kids with Autism and create The Scream Extreme Haunted Attraction.
My fifteen year old has learning disabilites in reading comprehension among other things and spends part of his day in SDC (Special Day Classes).

As the Founder of a Nonprofit, Professional Haunt Owner and the Mother of children with disabilities, I applaud and commend you on what you have accomplished and that includes your Haunted Stable. :)

You are indeed a fighter! You've proven it in your daily life and you've proven it here by standing up for yourself. We could all learn something from you.

Please know that there IS a place for you here. Larry runs this forum. He is the decision maker and no one else. Anyone running their mouths to the contrary is simply showing their ignorance.

At this point, if you were to leave, I must say that I would have to consider whether this place is for me, as well.

bcragirl
09-24-2006, 10:33 AM
i don't have any idea what my learning disablity is called though. i spent many many hours on my haunted stable. i work hard in school and i work hard at my riding (horses).

bcaragirl

Chris
09-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I know this may sound sick but i once walked into a hourse stable and saw a woman with her mouth open and... well how can i say this???? she was making the horse stiff and more man like. what was most scaring was the dual fisted up and down motion over and over again, and cum to think of it maybe thats why i slaughtered the pony's the way i did"stab after stab, slash after slash they all fell"

Again, I am forced to ask why this guy is not already banned. From insulting someone else's work (something that is RARELY or never done) to posting blatantly (and bizarely) sexual inuendo's, and now all the way to accusing someone of being mentally retarded, I think that he has gone way too far and I am AMAZED that he is not banned already.

Death, You are correct that, among other things, this is a website for professional and serious haunters. But what in the hell makes you think that professional haunters would tolerate this sort of nonsense? Besides, THIS is not the "professional" forum, this is general haunting, so once again you are wrong.

Smacky

Chris
09-24-2006, 11:13 AM
i don't have any idea what my learning disablity is called though. i spent many many hours on my haunted stable. i work hard in school and i work hard at my riding (horses).

bcaragirl

You have no need to defend either yourself OR your work. You, at least, had the guts to post it, and you have every reason to be happy with what you have accomplished. You are off to a fantastic start as a haunter, and you are definately in the right place. Haunting is a business for some here, but it is also something we love -- and we have better because it damn sure doesn't pay. Halloween is about fun, and it is always refreshing to see people who still see it for the magical time it is.

And it is magic.

Bonesaw
09-24-2006, 12:44 PM
bcragirl,

It should be obvious to you by now that we all love you :D and we are proud of the way you have stood up to the one idiot that there iz in every group.

I agree with the guy that said that the idiot should be banned if he continues hiz rants. That whole thing about the woman abusing horses iz totally crude & uncalled for here.

FYI that guy also sent me a PM saying that those posts were not his. Someone had hacked hiz account & wrote that stuff but it wasn't him. He said he changed his password & it wouldn't happen anymore. Then a few hours later he posted more of his spew.
What a liar!
Well, here I go on a rant myself. Sorry all! This post was meant for bcragirl and not for me to blow off steam at some clueless idiot.

So bcragirl... You're GREAT and keep on keepin on!

SpFXChic
09-24-2006, 12:45 PM
BCRAgirl, the photos of your haunt brought a smile to my face. It brought back memories of the haunts my friends & I would do in our basements when we were little. I think it's probably the most original idea for a haunt that I've seen in a long time! You're on your way! Don't let anyone's criticism discourage you. You've got something special that you've put your heart into, and that makes it worth it! :)

bcragirl
09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
i also have another old english saddle that is on loan from a local tack shop. i don't have a picture of it though. it looks really spooky. i want my home haunts to be unquie and diffrent. i listen to rotting flesh radio to keep up with the indusrty and i look up the the BNH (big name haunts). My haunt can't go proffecnal b/c it would be way too much $$ and I don't know how to make all the cool fancy stuff you guys make.

bcragirl

actiondeath
09-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Practice makes perfect, bcra girl. No one is born with this kind of knowledge. I think you did a wonderful job using what you had available to you for little or no money. I'm sure EVERYONE will agree that you're on the right path in that aspect. It's amazing what you can create out of nothing.

slash
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
You are on the right path, I'm glad you are interested in this industry. But, I don't think people on this forum will respect you that much if your pictures look like that. Maybe make some tombstones out of cardboard and put them around, or some fake lifesized cardboard fencing for the horse's stables? Better lighting, and some sound fx will also make it spooky. I know little kids come through the haunt, when I did mine, I had a bunch of little kids. But I think you can spice it up a bit more than that. Also, you said that was a gift shop? Is this open just on halloween for trick or treaters? If so, I don't think they'll be bringing money with them to buy stuff.

Jim Warfield
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Although I never saw this myself, I believe the man who told me about a vey physically small haunted business/display that was very popular, there was an admission charge, it was a few glass display cases full of meticulously crafted dioramas of scenes from horror movies, complete in every detail of figures, furniture, and everything.
Go with what you have "got", ideas, money, pieces, parts, tools and you can't go too far wrong in the end.

Empressnightshade
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Go with what you have "got", ideas, money, pieces, parts, tools and you can't go too far wrong in the end.

Spoken from the true Master of Horror!

jimbob
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
For the Record - DeathCharger is in no way associated with Screamline Studios.

We do know him, but he is not speaking for our company.

I'm not sure why he used our name - Please accept our apologies on his behalf.

We will have a word with him.

I don't know why some people have to associate them self with people and then start to give them bad names. If it make this person Deathchager feel good about him self, than he should take a good look at his life to see the harm he is doing to everyone.

Greg Chrise
09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
I have seen videos where the RBH (Really Big Haunts) work out their ideas in miniature, get a review from people about this and that. Better to work out ideas before spending the big bucks already knowing what it could look like. Even Engineers to a degree build models to test a design and it is a skill to be patient enough to construct these model. Some Engineers are not as mathematical as they should be and rely on models wether to scale or in a finite analysis computer program.

Artists do things called studies to select shapes, colors and patterns they wish to use in a finished piece and great amounts of time invested show in the end piece of art. Lots of time a good art journal looks like the diary of a 12 year old.

Having a haunt is both art and engineering mixed with doing and experience from doing and selecting. To visualize the first hayride ideas I actually bought a farm toy set with a tractor and animals for ages 3 and up. To figure out how walls would go together and carry weight, I cut out little pieces of illustration board to see it for myself.

The day I set up my first wall system and decorated it I was impressed with myself how well prepared I was. I just never took any pictures of this process.

bcragirl
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
this is the finshed haunt, i can't really spend any more time on it due to school and horse stuff. i tried my best with what i had.

bcragirl

KroneDaddy
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Girl,

I thought it was great, as for dya-ramas (sp?) I saw one in 1982 a man had recreated the Ringling Bros. B&B Circus from his childhood all in miniature. People lined up for miles to see it. You keep it up, add new ideas every year, and you'll succeed.

Maybe you can build your own walk-thru some day, if that's what you want. I welcome you posts anytime.

Tim Harkleroad
Owner/Operator of Krone House
www.kronehouse.net
www.mySpace.com/kronehouse

Jim Warfield
09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
"Diorama?" "Diarhea?"
A diorama of diarhea?
The internal workings of a metropolatin sewer plant?
There's a "Haunt!"

Joedog
09-25-2006, 03:27 AM
The internal workings of a metropolatin sewer plant?
There's a "Haunt!"

Hmmmmmm let me ponder that one...................

How did you know my job Jim?

would make a good one but the smell alone would run off the big spenders

Greg Chrise
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm imagining a miniature sewer plant diarama right now. Poop, water, rocks, sand, chlorine and mercury. Flesh eating bacteria and floaters. Mad scientists turning big valves and devices with cyborg noses on a stick. A miniature river with floater races.

I'm betting on #2.

Joedog
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
If sinister scents ever want to get a real treatment plant smell they need to mix flatuence with rotten egg and roasted corn. Then it will be close but the smell has to hang in your throat not the sinuses.

Jim Warfield
09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
In Clinton, Iowa they boil corn and right down the road is the rendering plant(they aren't "Rendering" with pen and ink) put these two smells together and it hangs in one's throat way too long!
The boiled corn becomes sweetner for that Pepsi in your hand, the rendered long-dead animal carcasses become....?
That's the "$64.00 Question!?"
Yikes!
"Can you hold it in your hand Allan?"
"Is it bigger than a bread box?"
"Yes, Steve, it is..."
"Would your friends and neighbors like to have this item?"
"No! I'm sorry panel the long-dead animal carcasses become a commonly used everyday product that we each are in close contact with, it's #&%#%?...Tune in next week to "Ive Got Your Secret" sponsered every week by #&%#%? and their fine family of incredible products.

Greg Chrise
09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks to inflation it is now the $64,000.00 question.

Is it glue? You could hold it in your hand or glue your hands together?

Are their goats involved?

Empressnightshade
09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Guys....

You've hijacked her thread. :shock:

Jim Warfield
09-26-2006, 12:33 AM
"Hi-jacked?" After 4 pages they usually de-rail on their own, killing and maiming anyone standing nearby!

Empressnightshade
09-26-2006, 12:43 AM
LOL! True

TheStool
09-26-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm a little ticked at deathcharger not only is he giving screamline a bad name by posting this nonsense he's also using my REAL name...
Now what the heck is that?!

First off little man I don't know who you are, or how you know me?!? But if I catch you using my name or using Screamline's name again... I'll make sure you are booted...

I don't know what type of a sick joke you think you're playing here, but i'm a bit offended, that you'd hurt this poor girl's feelings over such a cute little haunt she's built here. Nock it off!

BCRAGirl accept my humble appologies, he will be stopped immediatly!

I am Mike Hartman... NOT him! he is a FRAUD

johnson'sbabygirl
09-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey BCRA all I have to say is you keep doin what you gotta do. Luke is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too, love the ponies or horses and haunting. here is a pic of my horse, (well he used to be), Bubba Gus. He is a BLM mustang. I ride both English and western and have been doin it since I was five. Barrels are the best!
I have only been haunting for lil over a year with Bodybag Entertainment. I LOVE IT!!!!!! If you get time check out our web site @ bodybagging.com

Also Deathcharger's comment about decapitated pony heads has earned him one hell of a kick (and maybe a punch too) when I see him next.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/hillbilliechic1978/bubba.jpg

Xeverity
09-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Good luck on your haunted stable theme from across the pond and another horse and pony lover.

Bad Bonesaw - back to your cage gimp!

;-)

X

thehauntedhollows
09-29-2006, 07:58 PM
BCRAgirl- keep at it. The stable looks like a fun and spooky halloween experience. The horses look very nice as well. I wish you the best of luck in your horse riding and stable haunting ventures.

Ben

bcragirl
09-30-2006, 12:39 PM
thanks everyone

bcragirl

Bonesaw
09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Good luck on your haunted stable theme from across the pond and another horse and pony lover.

Bad Bonesaw - back to your cage gimp!

;-)

X

Bad Bonesaw???!!!! WTF did I do???
I was always a supporter of this gurlz haunt! I think shez great & her haunt iz kewl so whatz yur beef with me?
Maybe you have me confused with that Jackhole that wuz causing all the problemz? I dunno. But get yur factz straight! I aint the bad guy here!