PDA

View Full Version : A "Mild" Scam

Jim Warfield
09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
We spent four days playing phone-tag with someone who had said they wanted ti interview me on their radio show.
Then when we finally are talking person to person they say I would have to buy an ad with them to be interviewed.
Normally time-wasters are fairly well tolerated by me, except this time of the year!
The check will not be in the mail.

bodybagging
09-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Its getting harder and harder to weed out the moronic phonecalls soliciting this or that!

Jim Warfield
09-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Yes. what really makes it difficult is that she sounded like a rabid fan of my house, went on and on about all the fun that she has had here, all the while dripping with extreme compliments about everything I have done here, ex cetra.........
Sorry, still No Check Will be in the mail.
(I used to spend a fair amount of money on ads...then wonder why I was so hard pressed for money about Febuary!???)
Most advertising doesnot work, or at least doesn't work well enough to justify it's expense.
My best "Ad" is word of mouth, impressing customers with the show that I put on for them (I know, "What "Show"? Aren't you really crazy?)
"SSSSHHHHH!" Don't let on like you know this........

Jonathan
09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Well unlike all that garbage Jim...get ahold of me and you can be on RFR. Contact me.

Barry
09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Now there would be a GREAT interview!! Get Mr. Tuxedo on while your at it JJ>

Gore Galore
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Yes please,
Put jim on RFR.
I will listen, but just hoping my speakers don't fry out.

Greg Chrise
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
If Jim won't interview, just record his answering machine.

bodybagging
09-27-2007, 03:32 AM
I think a interview with Jim would not only be one of the longest in history BUT also the funniest! Not to mention educational, for all of Jims ramblings, he runs a very succesful year round haunt! looking forward to hearing Jims interview!~

damon carson
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Ya put Jim on RFR it would be a riot! And be sure to let us know when it is to go on! Just dont let him and Mr Tuxedo play anything new on there Alley cat band album! Ive heard its a compilation of weird or odd sounds recorded inside the Ravens Grinn at night. And Jim and Mr Tuxedo banging on a bunch of trash cans and lids! It kinda gives you a headache after the first five minutes.
Damon

Jim Warfield
09-27-2007, 08:47 PM
..but then Damon said, "It's got a steady beat, I give it a 95, Dick."
(I am NOT as old as Dick Clark, not as old as Lewis & Clark, either!)
Kimberly Clark? Did I date her once? Naw! She was my "Paper Girl!"
(Always handing me bad news!)
"The rabbitt died Jim!"
"It wasn't my carrot that killed it!"