PDA

View Full Version : NYC Nightmare

s.fc90
09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
First I'd like to say that this October is gonna be amazing for me since I'll be visiting the most haunts this year than ever before. From a previous thread I started, I'm visiting Terror Behind The Walls and Fright Factory in Philly, Fright Fest at Six Flags Gread Adventure, and now I'm thinking of visiting NIGHTMARE in New York City.

I've heard a lot of good things about this. I live about 10 minutes from the city and radio station advertise this saying it's the city's scariest haunt. This year they added another new attraction called The Maze. So the pricing for the house and the maze is $30. I was wondering though, if anyone has heard any good about it this year so far? It'll be my first time, supposedly their best year, and I wanna know if I should spend this money.

I know that this weekend marked opening weekend for a lot of haunts and I'm curious to know if anyone went or knows about it. If not, maybe throughout the upcoming month, someone can post a review here if they get to it before I do.

beardedbil
09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Just got back from scareworld, they are right next to terror behind the walls, if you wanna check them out. They have 7 haunts, and while they arent the most detailed haunt out there, they put on a good show. If your in the area I would stop by... Also in NY Headless Horseman, outstanding show in my opinion, detail is 2nd to none.

thehauntedhollows
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
ive always wanted to go to NYC Nightmare... i think its definitly worth checking out. Let me know how it is!

s.fc90
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
beardedbil, I think I'll save ScareWorld for 2008. I checked out the website...it does have 7 houses but I've already planned Terror Behind the Walls and Fright Factory. TBW is kind of an annual thing for me and Fright Factory is something I've been dying to try and I have the chance to do it now.

I think I'll go to Nightmare depending on money! I most likely think I won't be going anymore.

imax
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Anyone have a link to NYC Nightmare?

beardedbil
10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Did you try google? it came up right away for me:

http://hauntedhousenyc.com/

imax
10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I did try google, and wasn't sure which one everyone was talking about, so I asked ;-) Thanks for the link!

beardedbil
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
No problem... I have heard Nightmare and Blood Manor (http://www.bloodmanor.com/) were decent. But have not been to either...

s.fc90
10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
A major NYC radio station by me was broadcasting live from Nightmare tonight and people supposedly loved it and were running out scared. I kinda wanna go now! It's tempting me!