PDA

View Full Version : A reputable Haunt company

John Coen
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks to Spookyprops for upgrading my spookyprops chainsaw at no cost. It is so nice to find vendors who produce quality props and stand behind their products.

Ghost River Duck
10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
What exactly is a spookyprops chainsaw and what was the upgrade performed.

John Coen
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
A Spookyprops chainsaw is a haunted house chainsaw that is lighter weight than a real saw, runs on a rechargable battery so no fumes, no hot engine and the speaker is designed to be less loud for the actor who uses it all night long.
It idles and revs like a real saw but has a stiff rubber bar and "chain".
I purchased one of the original models which had a phone jack connector. That would pop out at times when the actor got into the chase. When I was at Transworld this year the Spookyprops guy asked me if I had ever seen their chainsaw. I told them that I owned one and he asked how I liked it. I said it was great with the exception of the cord coming out. He asked if mine had a connector like the one in his hand and I said no. He said that they had upgraded the connectors to fix that problem and if I sent mine to him he would replace the old connector with the new locking kind. I did and he did.
It's a great tool. I don't regret purchasing it. I've not had a problem with it (other than what he fixed) and I appreciated the service after the sale. You don't get that much in the Haunt Industry.

Ghost River Duck
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
How much do they run$$ ? The idea of battery powered reliability sounds great to me

beardedbil
10-15-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.spookyprops.com/
Check them out, all the info is on their website.

Ghost River Duck
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
http://www.spookyprops.com/
Check them out, all the info is on their website.

Thanks for the link

MMManiac
10-16-2007, 07:59 AM
spooky props do indeed make awesome products that withstand the time. I recomend them 100%

Sean

damon carson
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
They are a pretty cool prop they sound great. They are a bit on the expensive side though. I would buy one if they come down some on price. Another thing I thought of if they had some kinda smoke generator or small fogger inside to have smoke coming out of it as you gun the thing. But usually people run so fast from chainsaws who is gonna be looking at smoke coming out of the thing except maybe another haunter lol!
Damon

John Coen
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I've spent more money on things that I regret buying when they break down on me. I'm very happy with my saw and I don't have to buy gas or oil or worry about asphyxiation. It is a good product and like SPFX Masks, you pay a good price for them but they pay off in the long run.