PDA

View Full Version : Wow Never Expected That

UnDeRTaKer313
10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
had a test run of our haunt esterday, it takes 8 people to run the haunt and we did t with 2,
THe people that went through said it was really good, except thy thought it was better last year,

me and my friends have made it 2x as big and added a butchers shop in a tent, and all of the scares are bigger and everything. But luckily i have 2 days to add anything before its open. any last minute ideas of scares that are easy to install. Also the butchers shop is really unorganized, any really cool layout or good scares i could add.

THANKS ANY IDEAS PLEASE< REALLY BUMMED OUT OVER THIS

screamshow
10-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Don't be bummed. It takes time to work out the bugs in any show, and they are comparing last years completed show to this years untested and understaffed one. As for quick easy scares, that's hard to say without knowing what you already have and seeing the show. Just keep it simple -- distract and startle. Do the unexpected.

With that said, since you asked here are a couple ten minute quickies...

* if you don't have one yet, stick in a car horn or something. They are cheap, loud, and you can put it anywhere. The same battery can power headlights if you like.

* get a two dollar switchable power strip from walmart and a light. When they are in position flip it on to help misdirect their attention away from the actor attacking from behind. For variety, add more, sometimes pointed correctly and sometimes not. Maybe some come on when there is no scare at all.

* Use fishing line to move something and distract them. For example, an actor can rustle the bushes on the oposite side of the trail ( or move a painting in a hallway) and set them up.

MMManiac
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
We have been open for three weekends now and we just gutted three whole rooms and redone them. No matter what u do people will always complain or say it was better the year befor. Changing not only makes your haunt better, but people will come back each week to see the changes.

sean