PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service - The Easiet Part, but Most Forgotten

twohlgemuth
10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Fellow Haunt Owners,

I wanted to remind you all as the season is half over now, that when a customer has a complaint it is very important to respond in a fast and respectful manner.

I see so many haunt web sites that don't have an easy way to contact the owners/operators of the haunt. I encourage you to make such a means available to your customers. This not only allows the customers to give you rave reviews, but sometimes the ones that are upset for whatever reason. We all know we can't make everyone 100% happy, not even Disney can do that. However, we can do the right thing when it comes to customer service.

I recently had an email fro ma customer that drove 3 hours to attend Spookywoods. They had written me a complaint about some of the monsters missing in the show. I promptly wrote them back and explained that we had some issues with dehydration due to the heat and after 4 hours of an extremely busy night some of the actors were just exhausted. Granted this can be resolved internally, but the point I'm making is I turned an upset customer into an Evangelist for Spookywoods. After getting a prompt email from me this is what he wrote back.

Wow, your reply was both thoughtfull and well informed, I congratulate you.

Thank you so much, if nothing else, I hope you can understand how important an excellent customer service reply like this is to someone like myself. Regardless of your generosity you also took the time to explain WHY things were the way they were, and not just what you were going to do (or not do) to help rectify the situation.

My wife and I are from the triad area, and if we still lived there we would love to take you up on your offer to return as VIP guests, however, we will not be able to make it back to the triad area before your attraction closes this season.

Additionally, I would like to let you know that I will recommend your attration to others, and I am sorry you had the difficulties this past weekend. I can't stress enough how important customer service is this day in age, when so many organizations don't seem to care. Had I gotten ad different response, I would not feel this highly of Spookywoods. If you need any further information, please, don't hesitate to ask.

This is just one example how we can make the Haunt Industry shine to our customers.

Now back to making more monsters!