PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share.

screamshow
10-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Just wanted to share one of the makeup jobs we are doing this year...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Chris_texas/DSC00179small2.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Chris_texas/DSC00179crop2.jpg

This is not finished of course, but close, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Apparently the customers were as well -- someone from the very first group left a large puddle on the floor of her room. We lit her in bright white.

My only problem is that my mucus/puss dries too fast and I have to grease her back down every hour or two. I used KY and powdered pigments for it. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

bhays
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Awesome...and you do that how many nights per season?!?!?!

screamshow
10-17-2007, 03:07 PM
We will do that (and others) every night. The prep work to make this possible took a lot of hours and days, but now we have the application down to about two hours -- and it's worth it I think. We do not do every actor to this level of detail, and would not even if we could (it would be pointless in the low light most room have) but we do try to do every actor to a higher level of detail than the lighting will show. And like everything else, as the show progresses the quality of the makeupo work improves as we work out the bugs.

SpFXChic
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm lovin' it! It reminds me of the lady in room 217 in The Shining (TV Version).

Looks wicked!

As far as keeping the "puss" wet looking, I'm not 100% sure on how to do that and still keep the pieces flexible. Depending upon what type of materials you used for the body pieces, maybe she could spray herself with a glycerin & water mix? It won't stay wet looking for very long, but it'll at least be something the actress could do herself in between groups, if necessary.

TheNightMare
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Amazing detail, looks great

damon carson
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Looks pretty gruesome! How long does it take to finish with doing the arms and neck ect.
Damon

bodybagging
10-18-2007, 04:29 AM
Looks good, Give her a coat of cooking spray, for a wetlook, that taste great TOO!

Infoamtek
10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
One of the silicones that can be applied directly to the skin such as Plat Sil's Gel 10 could be used. That would make the appliances also reusable along with being glossy. Right now I would suggest misting glycerine over the makeup to retain a wet appearance for a longer time.

screamshow
10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the responses!

MMManiac
10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
awesome work.

Sean