View Full Version : Saw 4

drfrightner
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Did anyone see this movie? Was it good?

Larry

Blacksmith
11-03-2007, 06:59 AM
It was... good.
As good as the others and a touch more confusing. Which is the point.
I liked the second one better but the third one and now #4 make you think about the "worth" of life in a strange kind of way.
And that, I think, is the "horror" part of these movies. Not the blood and gore, but the fact that after a while you start to sympathize with Saw and his helpers. You see how there is a method to his madness and how his "work" makes sense.

icarian
11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Well... id have to say it was my favorite horror film released this season... but it really didn't hold up to the expectations the previous saw films have set for me.

my thoughts are pretty much that this film is going to be the bridge from the originators of the series to those who carry it on... sort of a passing of the torch type of thing.... next time they'll be able to start with their own ideas, and not have to battle as hard for substance, as saw 4 was their set up for future plans.

SpFXChic
11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Finally got a chance to watch this last week. While I thought the film was ok, I really wasn't impressed by it. This seemed almost rushed. I liked it much more when they explained how the contraptions worked and kind of gave you a little anxiety about what was going to happen. The scenes were shown quite quickly in this film! I found myself struggling to see what was really going on because it was all so fast and dark.

I did like how they utilized the characters (won't give any spoilers, of course.)

Some of those opening scenes were awesome!

drfrightner
11-08-2007, 02:46 PM
As for being rushed that goes without saying... they've released then one year apart for four straight years. They keep putting them out on that Friday before Halloween. Personally I'm sick of hearing about SAW! I really wish they'd stop making them...

This movie wasn't even reviewed prior to release so I thought it would have been pretty bad. Glad to hear some reviews.

Larry

s.fc90
11-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Honestly, Saw 3 was the last for me. They're destroying the series. Saw 1 at the time was an original, tense, horror thriller that didn't rely on tons of gore. I don't know where people are getting off saying it's one of the goriest movies ever. No, its sequels are, but not #1. With that said, I watched Saw 4 online. I didn't like it. It so easy to see that all of this didn't flow with the natural Saw...ness. At least 2 and 3 flowed well. This one was clearly pulled out of their asses to continue a story that should already be dead when Jigsaw literally died.

mindtumor
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Saw 3 is the only Saw movie I have seen and I thought it was terrible. I sure don't like the direction Horror movies are going in right now.