PDA

View Full Version : cannon/finnish coat?

SomeThingInTheIce
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I made a civil war cannon prop, it was not finnished untill the secound night of the haunt. We put it place and hit it with black spray paint, it looked great under the pale green lights of the trail but in the light of day it is not something you want in your yard. I want to put a finnish coat on it so I can use it as a yard orderment. It is made of concrete, what can I put on it to make it look a little more smooth. I'll post a photo of it later in the light of day. Thanks.

Jim Warfield
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Remove the spray paint then mix up a batch of Portland Cement this will want to be fairly "Sticky". I am assuming you want to fill in small dips or spots that are concave?
I hope you don't have a powder hole in your cement cannon.
People have been known to not be able to resist the temptation to fire things resembling real cannons even when they are just made of some other material, just to see it explode! Having that powder hole would make it easier to do that.
A local man made a very authentic looking replica of a Smith & Wesson pistol, very accurate except it was very large scaled, he used it for his rural mailbox, of course someone put dynamite in the barrel and totally destroyed it, even though it's barrel was a heavy piece of steel pipe maybe 4 inches in diameter.