PDA

View Full Version : Matt Green /Grave Robber Studios SCAM

GraveStalker
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Add another vendor to your list of rip-off artists. I tried to work with the guy -even after he couldn't deliver in time for event . In the end, what did I get - Screwed!!!

I am taking action against Matt Green, so Buyer Beware!!!

xxxdirk
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
That is really surprising news. I Ordered two pieces from them at Hauntcon and got both pieces within a VERY reasonable time. Thier work is the best I have ever seen. A bit pricey, but my cast was ohhing and ahhing over them.
Hopefully, someone from the company will respond.....

screamshow
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Added to the list. And yes, I have an actual list saved right on my desktop.

I wonder if these companies realize that it is a hell of a lot easier to get on the list than it is to get back off.

HauntedWebby
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Hmmm .. a list where only one side is heard.

I'm worse then scarfactory at returning calls, that god I don't sell products for a living. But you have to remember there is always two sides to the story. Try to get both before adding them to any kind of list.

GraveStalker
11-09-2007, 02:38 PM
That is really surprising news. I Ordered two pieces from them at Hauntcon and got both pieces within a VERY reasonable time. Thier work is the best I have ever seen. A bit pricey, but my cast was ohhing and ahhing over them.
Hopefully, someone from the company will respond.....

It is a surprise and extremely disappointing. I have a number of his props and thought I had a good relationship with him.

HauntedWebby is correct, there's always two sides to the story and I'm still waiting to hear why I haven't received product and/or a refund.

Howie Slobber Erlich
11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
From what I understand Grave Robbers Studios is no longer in business. I think it's a shame. This was my new favorite prop company. I purchased two items from them at Hauntcon and am very pleased with the products.

Sorry to hear that you have had these problems. I know he tried his best to get all orders out on time this year.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Motograter
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I bought a prop from them back in May and received it in just a couple weeks after I ordered it. I love it and I wish I could order more from them but yes it is true, they are no longer in business as of September 1st 2007.

TheNightMare
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Can't add to list if no longer in business

Jim Warfield
11-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Sometimes "Things" just happen.......
Years ago I heard about a prop/maskmaker who moved to a small southern town but a few months later disappeared...when the city realised he was dumping stuff into their city sewer and wanted him to pay to fix it!
"OOPS!!"
I just betcha that he was hard to find after that!

screamshow
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Hmmm .. a list where only one side is heard.

I'm worse then scarfactory at returning calls, that god I don't sell products for a living. But you have to remember there is always two sides to the story. Try to get both before adding them to any kind of list.

In general I have not had problems with the haunt companies I have dealt with. I prefer that this continue, so I do not do business with any company that others have had problems with. I am totally uninterested in the company's excuses for why a problem exists, that it exists is enough for me.

screamshow
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Can't add to list if no longer in business

I'll leave them on there anyway.

Jack Reaper
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Is there an actual list of Bad Vendors?
If so...I would like to see it....or just see yours...please..and thank you!

Mr Nightmarez
11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Long Story Short - GraveRobbers and Matt still have over $5k of my money.
Add Rip Off Keith from Scar Parts and I've lost $10k this season...

I'll stop my whining...

Matt and Robin split and the company went belly up in late October. They did deliver my two props (crappy - but delivered) but they still have my big prop that is still a NO SHOW. Robin is gone. Matt still has the name GraveRobbers and I have his cell # for anyone needing it.

Matt is currently working on some things out of his home, but mis managed areas forced them out of business.

I drove down before they closed the doors and bought several items off the floor - great stuff, but the custom props I ordered sucked.

Thanks,

Todd

GraveStalker
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Todd,

I sent you a PM. No response from Matt Green since October 22nd.

Jim

Jim Warfield
11-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Doesn't anybody pay as the job progresses?
1/3 down to begin, 1/3 more at the half-way point, then 1/3 upon completion?(and delivery)
Unless of course $5,000 was just 1/3?
Trust can be bought, one job, one customer with one-third payment at a time.
Everybody wins, or at least covers their losses, I would think?

Mr Nightmarez
11-14-2007, 05:02 AM
I did 1/2 up front and got the call "Everything is Shipping today!" So I paid the rest as promised. Being lied to is the issue...

I take a man for his word, but not anymore. Sad times we live in...

Gore Galore
11-14-2007, 07:09 AM
I am a vendor so I obviously know the frustrations and concerns of vendors, but telling a customer their order is ready to ship then depositing their money and not shipping the order.
This kind of behavior from just a few vendors makes all vendors work harder to maintain a good reputation.
I am sorry for your repeat frustrations.
Hopefully they will be resolved for you in an amicable way.

Grimley
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I have over 10 pieces from Matt Green and have never had a problem dealing with them. I did notice the last couple of letters were from his wife/girlfriend. I do hope they can work things out and get to TW this year.

GraveStalker
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I have over 10 pieces from Matt Green and have never had a problem dealing with them. I did notice the last couple of letters were from his wife/girlfriend. I do hope they can work things out and get to TW this year.

I have 4 pieces made by Matt Green that I purchased over the past two years. That doesn't change the fact that I still have not received product I paid for in September. No responses. No refund.

Buyer Beware!!!

neffuri27
11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Gravestalker,
I am so sorry that happened to you. I think I would be climbing the walls, or the wall over that guys shop and whipping his *ss over that money! Sorry but I am
a southern girl and we go fist to fist over lost money. That is stealing in my book
to take someone's money and not deliver anything to them. I think you should
go to the attorney general in your state and the state the person that got your
money is in and fight it!!! There are ways to settle things. I had a vendor once
take over $400.00 from us for a talking skull and then tell us it was being shipped
and then that it had been shipped and then never send it but I started calling
and screaming and calling everyone from the police to the attorney general
and my bank and everyone and finally they gave the money back to make me
go away. You just have to make enough noise. It always works for me in the
past. giggles But it should NEVER be that way in the first place. People should
deliver what you pay for and it should be AS promised, not shoddy, not badly
painted it should be what you purchased and look like the photos of
what you purchased.

I wish you the best and hope you get your money back or the props.

Kimmy