PDA

View Full Version : Success this year

gregsalyers
11-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Well I was unable to get my commercial haunt off the ground this year so I did a big yard haunt. I live in an area of big houses on big yards (an acre at least) so to say the least we naver get trick or treaters (last year we got 6) So I setup my haunt with minimal expectations, it was more of a learning experience than anything. I had 12 scenes and 6 actors:

Hanging man
Attacking Spider
Creature Crate with a large cage with an actor in it.
A pepers ghost inside my 1930 Model A (this was incredibly cool)
Texas Chainsaw
Toxic Dump
Air Cannon
Little Girl killing her dolls
Portrait Hallway
Drop panel
Pissing Skeleton on a toilet
Hospital Scene

I put up a sign in my front yard saying we would be open Halloween night. I told my wife we would probably get 25 or 30 people.

Well we got 350, They were showing up in truckloads. We got alot of incredible feedback and $250 in donations.

Next year I am going to try again to procure a location for a commercial haunt, however if not I am going to double the yard haunt to 20 scenes.

MindWerxKMG
11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Right on man!

I'd love to see the Pepper's Ghost in the Model "A". Any pics to share with us?

Jim Warfield
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Was that Model "A" pepper-trick in the front seat or the back seat?
Most of us guys have seen it done in the backseat when we were teenagers.
"Where did that foxy babe just go? Who are you?"

gregsalyers
11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
We tried to take pictures but the flash kept ruining the effect. We have great video, if I ever figure out how to get it off the tape I will post it. The pepper's ghost worked fantastically. Every adult would stop and marvel at it. The a monster would come out from behind the car a scare the crap out of them. It was definately the best scare....

Frighteners Entertainment
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
If you need a hand on getting it to disk, give me a jingle.
I'll help you out.

damon carson
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
A pissing skeleton?! I hope he had good aim!
Damon

gregsalyers
11-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah I took a toilet and made it look nasty, placed a corpsified skeleton on it and ran a windshield wiper pump into the appropriate area and connected it all to a switch mat.....wasn't scarely but the patrons loved it.

Jim Warfield
11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
There is some toilet paper looped through my Bucky's pelvis as he moves toward the customers they notice it as it waves in the breeze....."He gets frustrated trying to wipe with no meat on the pelvis! He's a "Tough Guy though, the cat can't scratch him, the dog, that's another matter!"