PDA

View Full Version : Transworld 2008 Update

Haunted Illinois
11-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, it looks like I will be going to Transworld in Vegas next year. I was just wondering if anyone has updates related to the show. What happened to the official website that was announced? I went to visit http://www.vegashaunttour.com/ and it redirects you to Hauntworld’s haunt finder website. When will that site be launched with some TW updates?

The last I remember, there was talk of some related shows like Madame Tussauds, a Star Trek show and others. Are there any more activities planned that are related to the convention? I remember Larry saying there would be a Haunt Tour, but I don’t think I saw any details about that posted.

Also, has anyone thought about where to have a gathering (officially sponsored or otherwise) similar to what we had at the Crowne Plaza in Rosemont? I realize in Vegas there are more activities than you can shake a stick at, but it would be nice to have a single place for haunters to congregate when they're not out gambling and doing other things.

gadget-evilusions
11-17-2007, 09:29 AM
The official website for transworld is www.hauntshow.com

bodybagging
11-18-2007, 03:32 AM
And here it is Novemeber 18th and its still not fully operational.... Tsk tsk Transworld!

Haunted Illinois
11-18-2007, 07:10 AM
The official website for transworld is www.hauntshow.com

Thanks for posting the link. I’m quite familiar with that website, but unfortunately it didn’t tell me what I wanted to know. I checked it and there was an update about the seminars, but nothing else of real importance.

With all due respect, I'll have to say that over the years I have had a few issues with the way the “official” Transworld website has been updated.

1) Based on previous years’ experience, updates on the Official Transworld website have not been made in a timely manner, to say the least. I’ve always found that Hauntworld or other websites have published more up-to-date information on current events related to the convention.

2) It seems that Transworld Exhibits waits until the last minute to officially announce anything. That, combined with the time lag involved with posting information on their website makes communication of critical information take even longer.

3) The Official Website usually won’t post the ENTIRE list of events related to the convention, only ones that they themselves have planned or ones they officially endorse. Example: In all the years the TW convention was held at Rosemont, NOT ONCE did they advertise that the Raven’s Grin Inn, a haunted attraction that was within driving distance of the show, was open during TW weekend. There were even a number of years that official website didn't advertise Dream Reapers being open.

4) The information on the Official Website has traditionally been very vague, leaving about important information like times/dates/locations of events.

I’m sure that the Official Transworld show website is a great source of general information; however, over the years I have found that this Hauntworld message board has had more timely & detailed updates regarding Transworld social activities, whether they are officially endorsed by Transworld Exhibits Inc. or being planned by other parties. The Hauntworld message board also provides information about events that haven’t been “officially announced” or are just in the planning stages.

Larry & Rich seem to have posted the most recent information about the show... Do you guys have any updates on social activities or Haunt Tours for Transworld? Perhaps you guys could shed some light on this?

BTW, what happened to the website that Larry announced, http://www.vegashaunttour.com ??? When will that go online?

Gore Galore
11-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I know Tattoo and the bad boys had everything to do with the Fozun tundra tour and timmer of IAHA. So, it might be a good idea to approach them about it.

I would also like to see a haunt hotel selected so many haunters will end up there to hang out with.
That is the only way we are going to be able to organize ourselves.
Who has the best bar or open area we can claim.
There are so many hotels to choose from.

xxxdirk
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Adam, as you said EVERY year they wait until THE last minute to announce anything. That must mean either they just dont give a damn or they just do not know themselves. They take so long to contact the speakers & etc. I do not think they know how many of us look forward to this convention and want any info they can provide us. Personally I think it is combination of all of the above but more the fact that they really do not give a damn about the haunter part of the convention. Think about it. What percentage of the Transworld conventions booth space is taken by haunters? Maybe 15%? The rest is costumes and the party thing. How much $ does TW make off haunt buyers coming? Hardly anything in the grand scheme of things. I mean, we pay nothing to attend, the only mone they make is something off the seminars that a small percentage of the haunters that come go to, and maybe a few bucks off the $5 dollar hotdogs.
What I really think it boils down to is the fact that TW makes SO little off the haunt part that they just dont want to bother. That is also why I predict that TW will be washing their hands of the haunt side within 2 years......

Kevin Dells
11-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah wheres the party spot going to be,thats what i want to know!

That way i can map out a map in my head to stagger back to my room with!

For the most part almost all these hotels have huge pool areas,hopefully the weather will be nice enough an outside pool party would be cool ,all the inside bars will have people crying over losing all their money at.

Tattoo
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Brett Bertolino (Eastern State Penitentiary) and myself flew out to Vegas several months ago for a site survey and met with TransWorld. We found many "new Crowne's" or "party areas" I can say very confidently that Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" bar will be a GREAT party spot! It's quite close to the convention center and very reasonably priced! We also found some spots that sell GIANT margaritas for $3!!!!

TW in Vegas will NEVER be the same as the Chicago experience, there is just to much to do within walking distance of the convention center, however I believe there are enough of us die hards that can "Crowne" a new party place!

Take care all,

Tattoo

P.S. I will be posting info very soon about a seminar unlike any other ever taught or attempted! This will be an all day class with alot of twists and turns!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

xxxdirk
11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for everything you do for the haunt community Mike.

As far as being distracted by the extracurricular activities Vegas has to offer, I plan on flying in a couple of days early or staying a few days later so once the convention starts I will be totally focused on learning and partying....

drfrightner
11-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry I've been away for a while... first I had my haunt season to finish up, then I went out of town for a Food TV show, then IAAPA. Just got back on Friday night.

For me I don't get back to normal until after Thanksgiving because of IAAPA then Thanksgiving that directly follows.

Don't read to much into anything I have online or lack of posts or whatever until after Thanksgiving.

Right now I'm so so so so busy its not even funny. Our company is installing three mini golf attractions over the next three or four weeks, we have a major dark ride to get going, and we just went to IAAPA.

I have a lot of web plans PRIOR to the IAAPA show, and one of them is updating that Vegas website, but first we need to get the next Hauntworld Magazine out the door because that magazine will outline all the details that is going on.

I think a few weeks ago I listed all the info on their seminar series.

I will get some stuff going before December.

Larry

Jim Warfield
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Here I thought I was the only one who usually substituted the word "golf" for the word s e x.!?
Busy, busy,busy!!
(I would never admit to "Mini-Golf" though!)

mindtumor
11-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Last year some of us tried to have a hauntworld forums get together/dinner. It work out pretty well, I think there were between 15-20 of us from these boards that got together. I would really like to do that again this year. I realize it might be kind of hard because it is a new location but maybe we can have another official hauntworld dinner or something.

Jared

TheCareTaker
11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
i plan on attending this yeqr for the first time as a new business it will be nice to see all the new props and such and just to see wha tit is all about.
i plan on staying at the palace i have always like that place