PDA

View Full Version : How far is... too far?

JasonSt
10-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay, I'm sitting here one minor step away from finishing up this years yard haunt. Lights are up, facade is up, props are in the garage!

But the way I keep picturing the yard this year could possibly stir up the neighborhood a little too much!

To keep it short, disturbing scenes of blood, guts and gore! Of course mixed in with the usual graveyard scene that most haunts have!

So should I go for it or should I tame things down????

Feedback asap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

ANUBIS B. C.
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
depends on your street i guess! as for me it is always something disturbing
anit that in its own little way of why we do what we do! :twisted: just my thoughts

SomeThingInTheIce
10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
My haunt has a civil war theme, The facade has a huge confederate battle flag and a union battle flag. On the trail you pass a conederate tavern "Tavern Of Lost Souls" from inside you can hear the dead confederates singing a confederate drinking song. The tavern also has a stars and bars flag. Now this all means nothing but, I damn well know that someone will make a stink about this. I for one will not let my vision be tailored by small mind people. I say if it is what you have invisioned then whats stopping you man!

JasonSt
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much for the replies!

The only thing kinda stopping me is that this is an openly visible yard haunt and I get young children trick or treating on Halloween!

I have 3 children of my own and they are totally fine with what I do so maybe each of you have a valid point!

anyone else???

Xeverity
10-04-2006, 06:35 AM
If you have the space - empty garage - you make one bit more extreme and for kids tough enough to go through the first one begging for more.

When I was doing a home haunt this is what I used to do. Evenutally I separated the really scarey stuff from the not so scarey. The little kids collected their candy at the front door and the bigger kids were sent around back!