PDA

View Full Version : Need to find - Suspension Bridge?!

Nicole
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Need: Rope/Plank Suspension Bridge

The kind you see that go over a small creek/gorge - not extremely wide.
I've looked through my TW hoard of brochures from the last few years, I've Googled it to DEATH and found nothing...

Wondering if anyone can get me any leads on where to find one? Looking for one made of rope w/wood (plastic or metal) planks - kind of bouncy/that will move when you walk - BUT SAFE!!!

Thanks!

campdoc
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I would look into Outdoor Playground Equipment"
Most use a steel cable (two cables) running through wooden
4x4 planks. not very hard to build'
hope this helps..

Mike Bizub
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Haunt Visions had one. It was called a springy bridge. www.hauntvisions.com Mike

TheNightMare
12-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Haunt Visions had one. It was called a springy bridge. www.hauntvisions.com Mike

I believe they showed it off at TW last year.

Jim Warfield
12-06-2007, 06:57 AM
I had some very thick, good looking rope that broke in the blinky of my
"e-I- E-I-E-I-E!!!!!!" as I went backwards down a steep incline inside of my house during a construction project.
It was "barn" rope from a hay mow but it looked real strong, but it sure wasn't!
Some people have done very good work actually weaving rope around steel for the user-friendly look and feel of just rope.
I had a display where rope was woven around re-bar to make the old rope trick look from India where the rope just goes straight up into the air.
"Kitties" began using it for a scratching post, it's days were numbered then......

Mortax
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Something we did:

Put pairs of posts in the ground with a 2*6 conecting them at knee height or however high you want. Take a long peice of mine belt or conveior belt and use it to make your deck. If you tear apart some wood skids, you can screw the planks down to make it look like a wood deck. It will be flexible and bouncy. Decorate as needed.

It's a pretty cheep way, if you can find the belts. Check local junk yards. Or factories, if there are any in your area.