PDA

View Full Version : Child being pulled under bed scene...

thehauntedhollows
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Ok, so most of you must have seen the scene somewhere where there is a little girl who gets out of bed, and then is pulled under the bed and she screams and scratches at the carpet. What is the gimmick that pulls her under? I would like to incorporate something like this in my haunt next year. Thanks

thehauntedhollows
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
i found a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJYu-UxnbQ

2 min into it the scene is shown. Does anyone know how it is done?

lurker
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't think there is a real gimmick to it. It looks like another person just pulls her under the bed. It also seems like the opening under the bed extends beyond the wall the bed is up against allowing plenty of room for the puller and the girl. Another key might be the rug under her feet. It has to be made of something that will allow her to slide with ease. I also noticed the scene looks like it is built up on a platform. This might allow for even more room under the bed.

SpFXChic
12-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Based on that scene, I'd say there is probably an actor corridor/cubby to the right of that wall, so when she gets pulled under, she just slides right under that wall.

Mr. Haunt
12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I would say that there might be 2 or 3 actors used for this. I do think that there is a person that is under the bed that pulls the other under.

I think that this set could have been done better though. The set it's self is fine, but the actor that comes through the door should be a monster of some kind not a woman.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Brian

Jim Warfield
12-09-2007, 02:08 PM
"Pulling someone under a bed" seems to require two people, the puller and the pulley.
Couldn't a really effective actor pull this off by themselves?
(Without being double-jointed or a gymnist?)
Simply fall down on your belly, thrash those hands and arms screaming saying:"Something is pulling me under the bed!"
Then the arms and elbows do a "Moon Walk" sort of move sliding you backwards all the while screaming in fear and protesting to the great unseen!
The other side of the wall could be a wall the customers walk passed with a big face drawn on it and the pulley's feet come out at them scaring a second group looking at that face picture.
It's a 2 for 0ne sale!

shawnc
12-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I think a long night gown with knee pads would be a necessity. If you're not planning on playing the part yourself, drop onto your knees a few dozen times over the course of a couple of hours and see how they hold up.

I think someone under the bed doing the pulling is a necessity for the same reason. Sure, I could probably make it look like I was being pulled under all by myself a few times, but you are back to that thing about doing it continuously all night long, for how many weeks?

Making it easier and safer for puller and pullee, you would probably be better off pulling on the rug. Maybe even put it on some kind of rollers.