PDA

View Full Version : X-mas is for kids!

Howie Slobber Erlich
12-25-2007, 09:14 AM
My wife and I have been married for 15 years. For many years we tried to have a baby, but due to some physical problems my wife has, it did not happen. So, after long discussions and a lot of thought, we decided to adopt this year. We were blessed with Nicholas who turned one in September. This was the best thing I have ever done in my life. He is great! I love him more than I can say.

This was his first Christmas with us and he received a ton of goodies last night from his grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. He enjoyed it a lot. Today he woke up to what Santa brought him. (He understands who Santa is.) The reaction he had even at his young age to some of his presents was priceless.

Yes it's fun to get and give gifts to family and friends. But, after watching him the last couple days, I once again really understand the meaning of the holidays.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

bodybagging
12-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Congrats Howie!

Howie Slobber Erlich
12-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks a lot!

craigsrobotics
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I know what you mean...my son is 2, and to see his face light up on Christmas morning was priceless....I'm such a geek, I woke up at 5:30 AM Christmas morning before my son, just to eat the cookies and drink the milk we left for Santa, and to set up my camcorder on a tripod so I could record his every expression...it was the best feeling ever....makes all the house decorating well worth it too!!!

drfrightner
12-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Howie,

Congrats!!! That is really special. I'm sure it was more exciting for you than getting a truck load of props and animations before Halloween!!! LOL

To see little kids faces open presents on Christmas is priceless!

Larry

Howie Slobber Erlich
12-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I have never got a "truck load of props and animations before Halloween." I would love to try that someday lol. If you would like to send a truck up here I would be glad to accept it.

But, yes, it was one of the best moments in my life. I would give up everything for him.

Howie

Frighteners Entertainment
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
I understand what you're saying Howie. My little one is just 11 weeks old.
He doesn't get yet, so really looking forward to next year!

Here is his 1st Halloween photo opt.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/FrightenersEntertainment/Joe/071081.jpg