PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day predictions by Hanf-A-Domous

Rich Hanf
12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Greetings minions....generally I would let you enjoy Christmas in your chosen way but upon waking this morning the voice of Cahlli the Magnificent spoke to me ordering me to make several predictions.
I am but a mere sevrant and so have no choice but to obey.....and so.....

I predict that self appointed Godfather Leonard Pickel will make another attempt at opening an attraction in Salem Ma. That said, a cloud hangs over this prediction...as if it is not clear!!! It is as though he will do a show, yet not do a show!!! Since closing the doors on his Mayhem Manor the last time he was in Salem (Witch City) some people have speculated that perhaps he is not the Uber Haunter he claims to be. That said, how could he be opening another Haunted House there? Wait...the clouds are lifting...I can see more clearly now...it will NOT be a Haunted House attraction...it will be a Museum of some kind. Perhaps a Haunted House Museum...or closer still...he will be opening a Horror Museum. This is the vision that has come to me this day!!!!!

In prediction number 2..... I see a convention...a convention in some sort of minor trouble. This convention will be held in Houston in 2008. It seems that one of the major haunts that was scheduled to be on the Haunt Tour has droppd out!!!
Let's see...Screamworks....no, that's not it....world of Screams...no that's not it either.....Wait....it has become clear to me......SCREAMWORLD.....one of the big attractions in Houston has bowed out of the tour.
In addition, I see Leonard Pickel calling a competitor of Screamworlds' looking for help...looking to get bailed ouit of this mess. YES...I see the calls being made to Nightmare on the Bayou...another big show in the Houston Market. Many calls have been made over the last weeks but owner Bob Wright wants nothing to do with this convention or its owner. Seems this owner has on several occassions insulted Bob Wright and now expects Mr Wright to open the doors of his show for free so that the Convention owner can make all the money.
I see this will not happen. I can see the convention owner apologizing to the ever successful Mr Wright in addition to handing him a large check (paid way in advance so it can't bounce) if he is to open his doors.

As it is written so shall it be.....praise be to Cahlli the Magnificent.....sala bim sala beem

SomeThingInTheIce
12-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Rich, I think that it is the egg nog that clouded your predictions, once your head clears, you will see all.lol. Have a Marry Christmas!

lurker
12-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Well folks, I think that was it. I don’t want to be too hasty in calling it, but I think that was the last Pickel Slam Post of 2007. I know there is still a week to go, but beings this is the season of peace on earth and goodwill toward men it may sideline those less dedicated to the sport. Of course if someone wants to change their amateur standing, now would be a great time for them to pen a “How the Pickel Stole Christmas” parody. Or, “A Christmas Carol” with main the character being Ebenezer Pickel, perhaps. And, if someone would like to leave the competition in the dust they could do their own claymation version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" with a Pickel as the Burgermeister Meisterburger. That would be classic!
http://www.retrogalaxy.com/imgs/2005/santa_burgermeister.jpg
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good fight....I mean fright.

ClusterOne
12-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't think anyone would have a chance at beating the reigning champions of Pickel Bashing!

And I'm gonna guess that no one else cares, besides the two that share the championship belt.

-Joel-

drfrightner
12-27-2007, 05:33 AM
I can't believe Hanf is back making predictions. LOL.

I don't think stating some inside information is bashing. This is kind of ironic because I was talking to someone tonight about some Hauntcon rumors and such... is stating what you hear, what you learn bashing?

I don't think so! I guess it depends on how you say it.

I for one will say that I think Hauntcon can be a fun event for anyone who goes, and in our magazine we've covered the event more than once. In fact on our blog we've promoted Hauntcon several times, and even created its own message board right here, which the organizers used several times to promote the event.

Additionally we've listed this event in different sections of our website, so I don't think you can say when we make a comment about the event it's bashing.

I will tell you what I know like it or not but a LOT and I mean A LOT of vendors WILL NOT be returning to this show for so many reasons it's not even funny. The biggest reason without a doubt is they don't make money. Additionally I've heard Leonard is not nice to the vendors, ignores their concerns and problems but mostly they don't make money. Last year we saw SEVERAL companies post right here on this very message board that they would never exhibit again.

I know the amount of vendors will be waaaaaaayyyyyy down... if that matters to you then you should pause prior to going. If you want to buy the latest and greatest props you had better NOT skip TW that is for sure. I will say however that the real meat and bones to Hauntcon is probably those haunt tours and this year having 13th Gate and House of Shock are just huge!

I'm half tempted myself to go down and check them out. Those are two impressive haunted houses I will admit! So is Hauntcon worth the social experience or the chance to tour those two haunts? Yeah without a doubt.

But on the other hand I'll say that without vendor support I doubt Hauntcon can survive because its a major element to making the show profitable, and vendors bring buyers. Maybe the show will re-invent itself and skip out on trying to have a huge show floor or whatever to cut cost. I don't know.

But it's NOT bashing to state what I know, what I've heard from vendors, or READ on these very pages about VENDORS NOT RETURNING TO HAUNTCON!

You read it here last year... so Hanf's prediction is probably dead on the money.

Either way I don't want to see Hauntcon fold, I think many haunters love the event, and the social experience can't be replaced. As far as I'm concerned I'm a supporter of anything, or anyone who helps the haunted house industry.

For that reason we promote Hauntcon. I don't not approve of many of the actions of Leonard Pickel the person, and when he does something I feel hurt people or others or this industry I say something. We list his magazine, his event, and everything else on our website.

When we get our new Yellow Pages section up he's free to create as many free listings to promote those things as anyone else. Hauntworld.com also owns www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org (http://www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org) which is on the top of every major search engine, and we list Hauntcon as an event, one of three actually.

I think the proof is in the pudding that we support his event and will continue to support the event.

I think the event is a great event...with that said the only times I've ever had a complaint is when Leonard did an interview with some national stuff and said that TW was just a retail show and his show was the only haunted house show, or when he bashes TW while promoting himself. Lets not mislead the facts...as it stands right now TW is the ONLY major vendor show for buyers.

Hauntcon, MHC, Ironstock and all these others are probably 10 times more fun, with better seminars and everything else but TW is the place atleast right now where haunters buy new products.

Larry

drfrightner
12-27-2007, 05:37 AM
One other thing I want to mention... I personally invited Leonard to stop by St. Louis and see our haunts. I told him we'd give him the grand tour. He never replied to our offer. When we saw him at IAAPA, I asked him if he got our invite and he said yes. I asked why he didn't come and he said he was too busy and wasn't in our area, and why would I want the 'Godfather' to see our haunt anyway. I was like whatever...sourpuss! LOL

I personally don't hate the guy, or anything like that. If he came to our haunted house we'd let him come on in for free!!!

Here is an image that should drop everyone's jaw.

What do you think? For those who don't know that is Ricky Dick, Leonard Pickel and myself Larry Kirchner. Yo Ricky whats up!!!

Larry

Gravely
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Well, I'd rather be in a picture with JEANNIE pickle and PATTY kirchner, but hey, you do what you can.

People call that my switzerland picture. I just want to enjoy Halloween and Haunting, and somehow manage to call both of those guys my friends.

Looking forward to MHC this year, That's for sure.

Jim Warfield
12-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Would that be Larry,then Rich (with no make up?) then Leonard,then Ricky?
Mister Tuxedo wants to know! (Face-Meat can be very tender and suck-u-lent)
hahahaha! "MMRR!"
Ah, the miracle of " Photo-Shop"!

drfrightner
12-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Ahhh... I just noticed there is someone behind me wearing a mask. Ricky, do you know who that was? Larry

Gravely
12-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Larry, That's not a mask, that's an Artistek Half Skull. Our booth was right across the isle from where that picture was taken, so my best guess, is that it is either Cody Reuwsaat or one of the boneyard crew ( who were set up next to us) being silly. holding it up and hiding. the haunter equivelent or devil horns

I know it's hard to believe they would do something like that......

RJ Productions
01-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Damn, I go out of the country for Christmas and miss a Hanf-A-Domous prediction!!!!
Well maybe this is the time the"Ol' Great One" is wrong!!! I just got my IAHA Screamzine and it states that the convention is alive and well! It states that ScreamWorld and Phobialand are set for a tour and a pretour of Orleans will feature The 13th Gate and the House of Shock! Could the egg nog have really clouded the Great Ones mental perception???

Only time will tell if the Great One continues he uncanny string of predictions.
I'll only glad MY name isn't in one of his visions!!!!

I think I still saw some egg nog available at the grocery store...... maybe I'll try some and hope for a vision of a hugely profitable season!!

Jim Warfield
01-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Second week in January and eggnogg is real cheap in the stores around here....???
"HHHMMM?"
It might make good gooey face-dripping Zombie makeup?
You are a brave man Mr. Streylak, if you eat zombie drippings?
Mister Tuxedo, Spookhouse Cat predicts that you will not eat Zombie Drippings sold as egg nogg.
"There, there now, don't cry little one, Halloween will be here soon enough again, just lean over and give Grandma Zombie a kiss on the cheek, take a lick or two while you are there too."

xxxdirk
01-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Rich, is there any formal word on haunt tours at Transworld?