PDA

View Full Version : Save a Life Kit

twohlgemuth
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I would like to know if anyone has experience with buying such a product?

I'm going to get at least one for my operation this year. We have access to one already, but it belongs to one of our EMTs.

Here is a link I just seen on TV.

Www.heartstart.philips.com

Jim Warfield
01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't know? Electricity can be scary.
We still have the Model 1898 in use here , non-electrical, simple, just a metal crank with a paddle on the business-end and vaseline on the business end(that's why it's called "business"!)

Speculo
01-06-2008, 08:22 AM
We have one.

Sure it costs $$$ but you can't be too safe about such things. We also always have at least one EMT/Firefighter on staff and lots of police who know how to use it.

I will try to find out what brand we have....it is wall mounted and if the charge gets low it has a beacon and horn to let you know it is time to look at the batteries.

Every year the ambulance comes for panic attack/heart palpitation type calls, so we figured it would be a good investment.

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Jim Warfield
01-06-2008, 11:12 AM
And a haunted house has the perfect location for just such a piece of equiptment, Frankenstein's Lab!
"Did you see that the person strapped down getting those shocks looked like a real person, really getting Zapped!"
"Yah! Neato!"

shawnc
01-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Jim, that would be really scary, but maybe a little too much so. Can you imagine having a team of paramedics (actors) treating someone who looked like they had a heart attack or was somehow gruesomely injured. A guide could ask everyone to stand back out of the way so they could take care of the person, who would then jump up. On second thought, maybe those paramedics better be real.