PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme HAUNT FX commercial

bodybagging
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey everyone Check out the 1st Xtreme Haunt FX DVD Commercial, Featuring Geoff Beck while he Sports a Xtreme Haunt FX Job created by "SPECIAL" guest star, JASON BLASZCZAK of SCREAMLINE STUDIOS.
GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://twisteddementia.com/DarkSyde%20Manor/Xtreme%20Makeup%20DVD%20Commercial.wmv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/200820BodyBag20Makeup20DVD.jpg

drfrightner
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
The guys make up was really awesome! Kudos.

I will say these are the type of videos that we need more of because we can pop videos like this on in our actors room. We can show our actors these videos.

Great job. I'll buy one!

Larry

screamline studios
01-16-2008, 09:27 PM
SPECIAL guest star!!!!! WOW!!
Here i thought i was doing a make- up job and now look at me i am a STAR!!!
just kidding bodybag thank you very much for the kind words, however it is me who is thankful to be part of a great dvd,and i hope everyone takes the information given to them in all the make-up demo's and makes the haunt industy very,very proud...

just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

bodybagging
01-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Following alot of talk on the net these days, Im going to say that I have noticed one thing in common, the majority of Haunts put all their money into elaborate scenes, incredible props, but one thing that is lacking is true FX makeup. As a FX artist, I honestly believe that the FX can make or break a show, FX Creates a Believable Character, which leads to a Believable scene, which leaves to a UNBELIEVABLE GREAT TIME for your CUSTOMERS.
There are a handful of Haunts out there, and you know who you are that utilize True FX in their haunts and Im sure that you are reaping the rewards compared to the haunt down the street that has their actors throwing on cheap chinese knockoff masks 30 seconds prior to showstart, and coming off 2 minutes after showstart, because they are soooooooooo hot.
FX doesnt end with the makeup, in order to create the illusion of a believable character, you must follow thru with your costuming as well, and then of course there is the final bit of the Illusion, Character Developement.
It was alot of Fun watching as Geoff Beck became his Character for this commercial, Character developement can also Make or break a show.
Sheesh Im rambling..... anyway the intent of this post was merely to say to all HAUNT OWNERS and FX artists......... STEP UP YOUR GAME, and JUMP into the FX side of HAUNTING!!!!!!

Gore Galore
01-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Jason,
You are a star.
A bright shinny star!

Rob,
You are certainly correct.

What is the ultimate goal of every Haunted Attraction. To entertain your audience.
And in order to do that you have to create a sense of realism in the eyes of your patrons. In other words, achieve a Suspension of disbelief within your patrons so they think your event is possibly real. Great makeup, costuming, and character development are important aspects of that. You also need your actors to not be wearing white tennis shoes. That ruins it for me every time.

Except when you have giant monster costumes. You just scare the crap out of them. hahaha!

But seriously, that is why we developed the "Scream Cube" for our costumes and to be actor worn. It just breaks the sound barrier. One more way that makes our costumes more realistic, and a bigger impact. Not only visual but auditory.

bodybagging
01-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Kevin..... Did you just drop a commercial into my commercial? Boy oh boy! why I oughta! Its true tho, the white tennis shoes or pearly whites, blows it for me every time as well, and you hear everyone talk about not doing it, and yet every year I go to a haunted attraction and there they are.... in all their NIKE glory and COLGATE smiles!

Gore Galore
01-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Rob,
I sure did and what cha gonna do about it.
Ha....Ha.... Bring it on. I aughta.......

I have been known to carry a can of flat back spray paint to remedy that problem. Or wrap their feet with black broadcloth to hide them.
But you aught to see all the kids freak when I spraypaint someone's shoes black.
We usually don't see any white tennis shoes for a couple days after that. Granted I have given several warnings to the same person about it.

screamline studios
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
A bright shinny star!!!
hot damn i am a what a STAR ??
for anyone interested i charge $5.00 a picture (that is a discounted rate for all haunters) HAHAHAAAAA

I truly am glad i know all you guys and again thank you BODYBAG!!!!(and also kevin)

random dude again
Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

bodybagging
01-18-2008, 04:01 AM
LOL while we were In PA. they were charging 5.00 to get your picture with the bodybaggers...... WTF..... who what where Jason once again the pleasure was ours to watch you do what you do, I am POSITIVE that from your segment alone, we have fueled the fire for the next generation of Haunt FX artists........
And now a word from our sponsors........ Listen to Rotting Flesh Radio, while sculpting with KLEANKLAY, Have a FREEK, while painting your CINEMASECRETS appliances....and dont forget to Get your Silicone from TFB PLASTICS right here in GOOD OLE MICHIGAN!

Dr Spooktakular
01-18-2008, 07:10 AM
When are these DVD's being shipped, I purchased mine back on Jan. 1?

bodybagging
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Spooktacular, you took advantage of the pre order deal, the Official Release date is march 16th, at the Transworld show, those of you that preordered will recieve their copy prior to that. Shipping date TBD ..........

Dr Spooktakular
01-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Awesome, can't wait to get it!

bodybagging
01-19-2008, 02:29 AM
This is going to be WELL worth the wait!

elswarro
01-19-2008, 09:15 AM
nice commercial! check it out, if you have some more footage and want another promo for your site or maybe transworld.....hit me up. we can work out a small exchange if you like! I'll put together a nice piece for ya!

shoot me an e-mail if you are interested!

- jason

bodybagging
01-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanx Elswarro!

screamline studios
01-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Rob,

I am sure your sleeping right now,however i have a couple of Questions for you!!

1: How many hours do you sleep at night?

2: A round how long is your dvd going to be?

LOVE as always,

the random dude

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s you guys did a great job on the commercial, thanks for making me look good!

And also J-man from rotting flesh radio!!!!

bodybagging
01-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Jaon, I sleep about 6-7 restless hours, I just Go to bed earlier than the most of you nightowls...... The DVD was originally intended to be about 3 hours long, weve recently updated it with new footage.... and it is between 3-4 hours of Xtreme Haunt Makeup FX! For all of you Jason Blaszazck fans out there, youve seen the commercial featuring his work. Now watch as he preforms it LIVE IN PERSON at HIS HOUSE....... his address is........

geoffgbeck
02-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh my lord! Can you beleive this guy? Jason says to Rob Johnson "Thanks for making me look good"? What is up with that? Actually, shouldn't it be "thanks Rob and Geoff Beck for making me look good"? Jason?!? Hello? This is your makeup model speaking! The guy that you welded into your 5 hour makeup and was caught on video outtakes in extreme pain being ripped out of your masterpiece! Geeze-the things I do for art! Hey Rob, I think your comments about Jason being a star has gone to his head and now he thinks he is Rick Baker! (LOL). Seriously folks, I am very proud of the makeup job he did-both as a great educational product for the DVD, and as a piece of art. I have known Jason for over 7 years now, and I feel I am a very compitent makeup artist in my own right, but I will say publically here that the makeup he did on me for this DVD is by far his best work I have ever seen him do, and as both an artist and a model I am very proud to have worn it! I also had a lot of fun bringing it to life on video, as you may have already seen by checking out the commercial for Xtreme Haunt FX. The guy that shot this makeup and the one I did on Rex Hamilton-Derrick Parr- had great video equipment, and knew his stuff- the job he did editing the short commercial really came together, and it was basically me just improving on the fly. Rob Johnson did a makeup job on my DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE that came out last february 2007, and it was my pleasure to return the favor for him to be both a model and a makeup artist for this DVD that I am sure will be awesome! For all of you people out there that are either just getting started, or have been doing makeup for a while, I strongly urge you to buy this DVD! You never get to a place where you know everything- you have to always keep growing and building your skills . It makes you a better "artist" and will also help you in making your "characters" more diversified and unique! This year I will be celebrating my 15th year doing haunted attraction makeup, and I am still learning and I am always looking for new resources to both inspire me and elevate my creative ability- I would buy this DVD myself, but hopefully Rob will "take care of me" like I did for him when he helped me out for my DVD! (LOL). That is my attitude-"the more I do, the more I get to do" (and get to be a part of). Rob and I both produce makeup DVDs for the industry, and we both share this passion for makeup. Hopefully through viewing and implimenting the techniques displayed in the Xtreme Haunt FX DVD, you too will be inspired to create interesting and memorable characters that will both scare and entertain many patrons! As Ben Armstrong says regarding his haunt-"the more you throw at the wall, the more chances something will stick". So true, and regarding makeup I say "the more you fill your head with knowledge, the more chances those creative ideas will stick". Have fun with makeup, continue to be open to new things, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and when your done with that...............PRACTICE some more!(LOL). Rome wasn't built in a day, and either will your makeup skills be built in a short time. Have patience, persistence, and be tenacious!

Geoff Beck
Makeup Artist/Actor

screamlinestudios
02-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Geoff Beck - King of the Run on Sentence! :rolleyes: LOL

If you think thats bad, you should try talking to him. He barely takes a breath!

Just kidding Becky, you know I love ya! :p

scareshack
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
.........:mad:..........WHERE'S MY DVD !....:p......cant wait to get it!
commerical is insanse.great job u guys!

bodybagging
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Scareshack your order must have gotten confused with the dried catpoop video that has been circling the industry......... Not sure what that means, BUT on that note, once again, young man, you took adavantage of the pre order DVD offer, which means that not only will you recieve your DVD for nearly half the listed price, but you will recieve your DVD prior to the official release date of 03-16-2008 at the Vegas TW show.