PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Packers! Oh well, now I can start thinking about Transworld.

xxxdirk
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Yep, I was one of about 72,000 fans that sat there in -24 wind chills tonight any to have my heart ripped out in one play. Nothing quite as surreal as leaving a stadium after an ending like that. I swear it was like a morgue. The good news is I can start to count the days to Vegas.

Greg Chrise
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, now that the packers ave ripped your heart out, there is always the shippers to deal with. Hope they packed your heart in enough ice to make it to Vegas.

Good Luck.

shawnc
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Or a San Diego fan of either football or baseball, I suppose. They always almost get it done, leaving us fans short after what promises to be a great season. There's always next year, I guess.

spookologist
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Sorry you had to live through that. Now we have to listen to Giant fans for 2 weeks. Ahhhhh, I'm surrounded by them.

drfrightner
01-21-2008, 12:18 AM
The Packers chooooookkkkeeeedddd. Farve went back to his old ways of tossing the game away. I think the home field advantage actually hurt the Packers today because they have a LOT of speed on that team especially at wide out. They lost a lot of that speed today when they froze on the field.

The more physical team won today because the cold weather slowed everything down. Had the Packers played in the Super Bowl I think you would have seen a much stronger showing.

I was hoping the Packers could win because I think they have a stronger chance against the Patriots. Oh well..

Maybe next year!

Larry

TheTalentedMrL
01-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Packers.....Giants....I think the whole world is rooting against the pats.......I did very much enjoy the result of the game tonite though.

MDKing
01-21-2008, 05:28 AM
I really dislike this Patriots team and especially their coach, and when the Colts went down, I figured it didn't matter who won now it's over. But whomever won the Packers/Giants game I wanted to win, I'm sure a lot of people do as well. I like the Giants, like Eli Manning of course, this team gets no respect and they have won on the road 10 games in a row, that's huge!!! They played the Patriots well and that last game could have went either way.....Let's go G-Men!!!!!

Allan

mindtumor
01-21-2008, 06:35 AM
The Giants have been playing real strong since their last regular season game. I think the Patriots would have crushed the Packers anyway. I would have like to have seen Tom Brady outplay Favre so people would stop gushing over Favre. I have been a Patriots fan since they drafted Brady. I want the Patriots to win but I wouldn't count out the Giants just yet, they have been playing tough lately.

MDKing
01-21-2008, 06:52 AM
I guess only in Michigan and New England you could find someone who didn't like Favre in favor of the smug and arrogant Brady! LOL
I guess the difference is that other people gush over Favre, the Patriots gush over themselves.....

I'll be glad when next year the Colts return to their rightful place, the Superbowl, and the Patriots come back down to Earth!

Allan

mindtumor
01-21-2008, 06:58 AM
I guess only in Michigan and New England you could find someone who didn't like Favre in favor of the smug and arrogant Brady! LOL
I guess the difference is that other people gush over Favre, the Patriots gush over themselves.....

I'll be glad when next year the Colts return to their rightful place, the Superbowl, and the Patriots come back down to Earth!

Allan

Go Blue is all I have to say! Maybe next year Michigan will finally start winning again.

MDKing
01-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Didn't their backup QB just transfer? I did see Henne play well down the stretch...

Howie Slobber Erlich
01-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Hey wait! Are you saying my Detroit Lions Did not make it to the Superbowl? What the F***? Just kidding. They will never make it.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

MMManiac
01-21-2008, 07:26 AM
What a sad sad day in packerland.

sean :(

mindtumor
01-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Didn't their backup QB just transfer? I did see Henne play well down the stretch...

Henne will have graduated and yes Mallet transferred. He didn't like the idea of the spread offense the new coach will implement next year. I could actually see it being a rough couple of seasons ahead for the wolverines.

Jordan24
01-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Bad break for Farve, I was really hoping he could go out on a high note. But then again, no matter who won the NFC, it would still be pretty unlikely for anyone to beat the Pats. Not that I want New England to win, I am from Pittsburgh.

drfrightner
01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Brady is wearing a cast so that helps the Gaints. I think everyone will be cheering on the Giants. I know I will!

Larry

mindtumor
01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Its funny because a few years ago when the Pats were the big underdog against the Rams everyone cheered them on. Now that they have maintained sucess everyone is hoping they lose. Is it because they have won so much or is it because of the Belichek thing in week 1?

MDKing
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
It's because of both, no one really likes Moss much either. Belichick is a cheater, Brady had the best single year ever for a quarterback, but he's overrated if you look at his whole career. And besides, America loves the Underdog!

And for the record, a lot of people were cheering for the Rams back then, who didn't enjoy watching the "Greatest show on turf"?

Allan

hauntedhousenut
01-22-2008, 09:19 AM
your post on this subject made me laugh for ten minutes straight, It's obvious your a hater, I'm not a Patriot's fan, but I give them all due respect for what they've accomplished, and as far as your quote of Brady being overated tells me you know nothing about football, four superbowls in seven years, three rings, and two mvp's, the best won-lost post season percentage for QB's, translate into one of the greatest of all time. Your argument carries more weight about Belichick, his record before Brady 30-49, after Brady, enough said!

Allen please stick to Haunted houses, and quit getting your info off of sites like this http://dreadnaught.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/jonathan-lee-riches%C2%A9-v-bill-belichick-tom-brady-and-randy-moss/

Jordan24
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
hauntedhousenut, are you sure you're not a Patriots fan?

mindtumor
01-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Overrated? I guess if going to four superbowls in 8 seasons is overrated. Brady has had good numbers in his career. I respect your opinion but overrated doesn't really seem accurate.

hauntedhousenut
01-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Jordan I'm a fan of the game, and appreciate being able to see history made, I've never been a hater of great players just because they didn't play on my team. I give the Patriots their due, nothing more and nothing less.

MDKing
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, when people say he's better than Marino, Montana, Bradshaw, Favre, and most of all Manning I have to think he's overrated. This was an amazing year for him, the best single season ever for a QB, he'll come back down. If you read my posts, you'd see I have in fact gave Brady and the Patriots their due, they had an amazing year.

Hauntedhousenut, and who are you to question me for sports, or anything else for that matter? I'm pretty sure I was the closest person on this forum to playing on a professional sports franchise, and defending my athlethic achievements and knowledge of most sports over you is a mute point. If my comment made you laugh for 10 minutes straight, then maybe you shouldn't be talking sports and haunted houses but instead opting for an education, because it's not THAT big a deal for any intelligent person to have that kind of a response towards some other dude's accomplishments. My advice to you is to make your own mark and your own achievements.

Go Giants!

Allan

mindtumor
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, when people say he's better than Marino, Montana, Bradshaw, Favre, and most of all Manning I have to think he's overrated. This was an amazing year for him, the best single season ever for a QB, he'll come back down. If you read my posts, you'd see I have in fact gave Brady and the Patriots their due, they had an amazing year.

Hauntedhousenut, and who are you to question me for sports, or anything else for that matter? I'm pretty sure I was the closest person on this forum to playing on a professional sports franchise, and defending my athlethic achievements and knowledge of most sports over you is a mute point. If my comment made you laugh for 10 minutes straight, then maybe you shouldn't be talking sports and haunted houses but instead opting for an education, because it's not THAT big a deal for any intelligent person to have that kind of a response towards some other dude's accomplishments. My advice to you is to make your own mark and your own achievements.

Go Giants!

Allan

Yeah, he hasn't had the numbers those qb's have had but he is still pretty darn good. He is probably at about his half way point in his career so you never know he may have a another season or two this good.

MDKing
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Fair enough Mindtumer....

hauntedhousenut
01-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Mr. Bennet, Please settle down, most people that have gone far in sports(as you claim) can take a little ribbing, and that doesn't make you an expert either, look at Magic Johnson, a great player but a terrible coach and announcer.

You wrote:

I don't base my points on emotion, you were clearly upset that the Colts were knocked out, understandable. you're a fan!

You say you don't understand why people say he's better than the aforementioned QB's you listed, I got news for you, everyone you listed have said the same things.

I'm not saying Brady is the greatest ever, He's no Montana,(IMO the best QB ever
)if he wins this superbowl he will be even with Montana and Bradshaw, and he's only 30, the other guys have a long way to go to, Marino had one of the quickest releases ever, and big numbers, but no big prize, Favre another one with big stats, and one superbowl ring where the MVP was a special teams player, He's a .500 post season QB, and for Manning with all of the great numbers he put up over the years, where are they in the playoffs when you need them on a consistent basis, he is another .500 QB in the playoffs, even in last years superbowl playoff run, he had Three touchdowns vs seven interceptions, not what I call spectacular, they were lucky to come back againts the patriots, and they beat the Bears, ask Denny green what he thought about Da Bears, regardless I'm happy that Peyton got it out of his system, but I doubt he'll ever catch Brady in post season accomplishments, which is where you will be judged when it comes down to it, look at Bradshaw by comparison, four rings and stats that don't come close to marino,Favre, and Manning.
And as far as this season of course his numbers will come down, no one could play on that level forever, that doesn't matter his ring count will come up!

I apologize for coming a little over the top about laughing for ten minutes, it's called humor.

Have a good day Mr. bennet