PDA

View Full Version : Tri-fold flyers

Darkangel
01-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Hello,

Anyone have a good source for a printing company that does the tri-fold flyers many haunts use? I know there are many places online, but I'm assuming many of you have probably found a great place with good quality and pricing?

Thank you,
Darkangel

gadget-evilusions
01-21-2008, 09:13 AM
We use www.hotcards.com , they have a local office to us so we can pick up, good prices, and very good quality.

Jim Warfield
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I think flyers and printed ads are sort of "Dead-in-the-Water" people don't seem to pick them up much anymore and few requests for such ads come from the tourist places either.
Just my opinion.

gadget-evilusions
01-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I hand out printed ads like crazy at the conventions. I guess the need is different between vendors and haunted attractions.

kpolley
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
www.americasprinter.com

Edge Design turned me on to them and I have never printed with anyone else. Lightning fast turn around, terrific pricing, and amazing prices. Check them out and you'll see what I mean.

RJ Productions
01-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Why would you even bother with a tri-fold???

Now a days your purpose should be to drive traffic to your web site.
All the pertinent info is listed in more detail there.

No one bothers to read all the info in a tri-fold, many won't even bother to take it.

Instead of a tri-fold you have 3 smaller flyers printed per page.

You have the basic info: Dates, Times, Location and of course:
WEB SITE

You will get 3 times as many for your money. People are more apt to take one just because it has the web site. Going there you can present them with more info that they will probably read through on a web site.

On line you can drive ticket sales, can't do that with a tri-fold!!!

Jim Warfield
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Some people pretend they want you to "drive them to your web site" when all they are really interested in is feeling the whip across their shoulder blades, exquisite evil pleasures for some, I guess?
Mr. Tuxedo's photo of him streched out on a lawn chair would have been our center fold tri-fold out but his shipment of that male enhancement stuff never got delivered, nothing to take a picture of.....
Some amputees feel a phantom leg, but if you never had the "leg" to begin with....??

TheCareTaker
01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
i say screw the flyers and tri folds get you some of those cool chainsaw chips out your favorite image on one side and the web addy on the other work on a discount rate fo ra quantity order.

Darkangel
01-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for all the tips! The chips seem cool, but will people take one sitting at a cash register over a nice eye catching flyer? They would seem to be easily overlooked?

Thanks,
Darkangel

damon carson
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Larry and Haunted Productions used to have some very impressive Trifolds. I still have many of them from years past. I picked them up, used them. Im sure he will post how they worked for them. I wouldnt single them out. If you can get them at an affordable price and you have an impressive haunt with nice scenes show it off. And have the website to boot!
Damon

Jim Warfield
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
The first tri-folds I had were delivered late, after they drove away I began reading them.."What are "Sheels?" They misspelled numerous other words (Wheels) and broke words in aukward places when they continued them on the next line.
A real crude piece of work.
When I complained I was told, "Oh that computer screws up sometimes!"
"What is your computer, a cardboard box with a three-year old inside with crayons?"
I think it was similar to that which I described.
It turned out the same quality of product.
This was a very professional print shop, they had been in that business for a long time too? Maybe the fumes from all of that ink?.......Those fumes would make my head throb just walking in their front door. (The bigger upper one)