PDA

View Full Version : OK everyone who is in and who is out??

screamline studios
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
So transworld is just around the corner, and i hate to say it but i have a very bad feeling about the shows possible turn out , We have to be there for the company to grow, however if we lose even just one haunter, we lost a possible sale? so my question is "who is in and who is out".

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

bodybagging
01-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Jason I feel you on this one, we still havent locked into our booth yet and Transworld lack of disregard in the matter has me fearful that we may not attend the Show. But I Havent missed one in since I started attending so many years ago, cant see me starting now.
With that said I have spoken with many vendors and they are all under the impression that for all those Haunters that dont attend from the midwest, will be replaced with those Haunters from out west, Im not seeing those numbers on any of the Boards, after looking over the VENDORS list for the Haunt section, I see less Vendors and only one or two new companies, Are these new companies from Out west or perhaps a few new midwest vendors making a bad choice to make Transworld Vegas their first show.
Either way this is going to be a very very scary trip!

Matt Marich
01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
If you go to the main Costume and Party Show site you will see that they have finally started to get things rolling. The interactive floorplan shows the final for the Haunt area and it shows almost full!! We have four booths this year and I see that Gore Galore, Haunted Enterprises, Creative Visions, Ghost Ride, and Oak Island all have more booths than usual. It's shaping up to be a big show. There are many new vendors and the only missing ones that I can see are Scareparts and LaFond Effx.

Transworld has really drug there feet but is working to make this a well attanded show. Don't count out mixing with new people that don't go to Chicago! The Vendor list is only five months old and is pure guess work on their part.

Viva Las Vegas!

Elvis has left the building!!

Matt Marich
Edge Designs & Theme Decor, Inc.

http://www.twevite.com/vr2/shows/hcpshow/start.html

Speculo
01-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey gang, here is my take.

If you own a haunted house, and you buy at Transworld every year, why WOULDNT you go? Transworld is the first and ONLY time certain companies like Scare Factory and Unit 70 show off new product - you have to go!

The only real reasons for buyers not to go are financial (costs too much, can't get of work etc.) and if you can't afford to go, then you were not going to buy much product anyway.

The sad part about the move is that many attendees who were not heavy buyers but still cool people you want to see and hang out that live near Chicago might not make it, and that could mess up the social side of things, but that shouldn't hurt vendors.

Here is what I think. Haunted houses who had good years in 2007 and who are always taking it to the next level will be there and will be buying.

So the question really is, who had a great 2007, and is planning to kick it up a notch in 2008?

Also this thought for vendors: What are you selling? Just like a successful Haunted House, If you do cool NEW stuff people want at a fair price, you should be fine! Also you MIGHT get some action on your cheaper items (That everyone else has already bought...) as the West Coast locals get to see it for the first time.

And don't forget there is a huge Home Haunter population in CA, they might be a market that buys the less expensive items.

So I think, AS ALWAYS, if you have good, fairly priced NEW items, and 2007 was a strong year for Haunters across the board - You should do great.

But if haunters have already seen your line, and there are not many changes and have bought it or not already, your fate will lie in new buyers, and Vegas might do better for you than Chicago in that reguard anyway.

We are going, that is for sure!

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Tattoo
01-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Jason,

The entire Bad Boys Crew will be attending TW, we will be there for an entire week (yikes).

I have heard several different stories about the convention as well, but I also think that Ben hit the nail on the head with his reply. I think the vendors will have access to a lot of new faces and buyers for the show. Bottom line is I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for how this show will turn out, only time will tell.

I am looking forward to all of the new products that will debut at every convention that we are attending this year.

I hope we see our Screamline Brothers and Sisters in Vegas!

Take care,

Tattoo

P.S. Rob we hope to see you all there as well!

GoryCorey
01-27-2008, 09:53 AM
"We're doomed!"

OK Dr Smith...
Simple enough, INVITE YOUR CUSTOMERS!
Word of mouth will only go so far.

But I have a mailing list of 8000 customers, who are being informed about the venue change.
And being offered invites to attend...

You know many of these folks will speak to other folks they know and those folks will aski about invites.

I have already had a dozen invite requests, and havent even sent out my list yet.

Business is what you make of it, be proactive.

Only then if attendance sucks can you whine about it.

xxxdirk
01-27-2008, 10:52 AM
As a buyer I can tell you I will be there, credit card in hand. 2007 was a good year for me and I am looking at expanding to a multi attraction haunt in 2008! I can not risk wating to the other conventions to buy at as I am pretty sure that the MOST vendors will be at Transworld.

The only real expense for someone going this year will be the cost of the travel. I mean no matter if its Vegas or Chicago, the cost for a room is the same. Now airplane filghts ARE around $500 (except if you are me $10.00 cause I traded in some points!)

I agree with Ben, thhere might be an influx of new people from the west cost that never went to TW cause they were so far away from Chicago. There will be a number of people from Chi that wont go because of the 35 hour drive or the $500 plane ticket.

A few concerns that I would have as a vendor and that concern me as a buyer? What will the overall attendence be because of the convention taking place on a Sunday-Wed? This, to me, was the most idiotic move TW made. I am sure they did that cause hotels are so expensive on the weekends, but moving the dates might have been the nail in the coffin. Because of my profession, it is no big deal to take off whenever I want, but for many people the dates will mean having to take off of work to attend. I see many people flying in Saturday, hitting the floor hard on Sunday and Monday and leaving on Tuesday, leaving Tuesday and Wed as a "I am Legend" looking sales floor.

I am also concerned with the over all PARTY atmosphere that many have grown to love and look forward to. Wil haunters want to party on a Sun or Monday? Will we know where everyone will be partying at?

I guess we have no choice but to show up and see. Its Vegas baby. Its a crapshoot!

TheCareTaker
01-27-2008, 11:04 AM
as a home haunter and a new business under way or in the works i was only going originaly for the lookylo of the both presentation and products and hopefully to talk to a few. but then i chose to pay the mortgage up through April so i will be going heavy wlleted and jsut may buy a thng or two well sometimes i just go crazy.

i think the home haunt industry is something alot of individuals over look and have to say i have heard nothing but good rave from the haome haunters wanting to attend and to see first hand.

it is becoming a crayz if you will for the home haunter to put on a show not just through a few pumpkins out in the yard and a tomb tone or two but to put on a show and to take off twenty or thirty years and dress up and haunt those little kidies.

for me i want a pro haunt i want a big exceptional pro hauntone that will compete for the free advertising market and that others will help sell for me like many of you do here giveing your kudos for a well created idea.

but the market got me scared right now and i have decided to persue the other avenue of products not a big line but just a few more detailed products and up untill i had read an email from Larry about chosing to buy a prop as oposed to make one due to time labor and cost and ease i was not real positive but was gooing to do it any ways.

i have been trying to figure out how to sell the product to the haunt house industry owners and still be able to create a similar product more cost effective for the home haunt market. i think i have it down. but every time i think it cost me money.

i figured if i can start up the business and then get the facility to use for design and build out then i can start desging the haunt later and use the facility.

so to sum i think you will all be surprised at the # of attendees that are new and eager to buy the smaller stuff and i thnk that you will all benefit from this move.

i hope to see you there and i hope that you have that thing i realy am not looking for but just must have nay way.

damn glad im single cause i would probably be getting devorced after the show.

enjoy all sorry for the run.

maddi005
01-27-2008, 05:10 PM
traditionally transworld has been one of the biggest shows of the year for us and for just about everyone else also...here are a few thoughts i would like to throw out there...
i think it has become apparent that transworld as a whole doesnt give a rats pucker about us...they have moved the show from the midwest (an area known for the haunt industry) to las vegas, and changed the show dates to make it during the week...that knocks out a ton of actors/actresses and enthusiasts. both because of the time and the money it takes to travel there. how many haunters can afford to make the trip, and take that time off of work? true, there may be a lot of new people, and hope there are.
from a venders point of view, the cost to us has increased considerably...for many of the same reasons that some people will not be able to attend...airline travel, food and drinks (beer lots of beer), and taking time off of work. not to mention the booth prices went up.
on a positive note though...we arent here for transworld...we are here to provide high quality props and services to the industry as a whole...that would be you, the reader...you are the ones that keep us in business, you are the ones we party with and you are the ones we go to the shows to see...so we will be there (ok...i wont be there personally) with smiles on our faces to greet you all and show you what we have new for the 2008 year...to have great times with old friends and new aquaintences....and remember, this is just the first show of the year...there will be more, so i think we should just take things in stride, and get the tools and the knowledge to do what we do best...SCARE PEOPLE SILLY

maddi

Jim Warfield
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I had my plane ticket for Vegas and was sitting right behind Dirk until he posted that was planning a "Crapshoot!'
I cancelled.

gadget-evilusions
01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
We will be there, but jason and maddii already knew that.

It's a huge hit to the check book to go out there vs going to chicago, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Gore Galore
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
We don't really know why Transworld decided to move to Vegas.
But Transworld is a business and business is supposed to be about making money.
So, I am sure the reason for the move has to do with only a couple things.
I think they probably lost their space in chicago and thought since this has happened lets try to make the best of it.
Move it to Vegas because it is the biggest convention venue anywhere.
I am sure they were trying to make the best of a bad situation.

And I am sure it is during the week becuase those were the only dates they could get.
I am not worried. It is always the same regardless.

stafford
01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
We'll be there, bought tickets last week, fortunately Denver to Vegas is always pretty cheap. Surprised to hear it's 500 from the midwest, you'd think Chicago to Vegas would be a pretty cheap route.

A few of our staff who haven't been before are coming, since it's Vegas. I assume this will be the norm for a lot of haunters. I've commented on this in another thread, but the serious buyers and business people will be there regardless of where it's held. As others have said, I too would expect sales to be made earlier in the show, as people have things to do in Vegas.

screamline studios
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Ben i do agree there are many home haunters in the west, however transworld like in the past does not want them there??Am i being negetive,i guess? but not intentionally, i do know that i look forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends, but to me the move to vegas and the change of show dates is not a very good thing . Do i want the people to buy lots of products SURE however even the people who buy ten dollars worth of product from us still means something to me i guess i am venting never mind.

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Nightgore
01-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I will not be attending! $$$ -Tyler

drfrightner
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I just checked out that map and I can assure you it's NOT correct. For one it lists our company as an exhibitor but we've bought NO booths. Secondly, I am not buying booths for Halloween Productions, Inc. but only Hauntworld.com.

Halloween Productions, Inc does indeed build haunts still but only HIGH end haunts or HIGH end 3D haunts. Mostly we've been doing blacklight mini golf attractions. Halloween Productions, Inc. is also doing dark rides and some other big stuff but nothing much haunted house related. We'll be going to the show as Hauntworld.com selling banner ads for our system.

If someone wants to talk Haunts we'll be there in the Hauntworld booth. LOL

Anyway I'm almost positive that a bunch of the other booths and sizes are wrong as well. I was under the impression that Distortions would not have a booth that big and I'm almost positive about that. I think a lot of haunt vendors have said we're getting a booth, and we might get one this big or that big but haven't committed yet. I think what you're seeing as far as the haunt show goes is an idea but nothing exact.

I wouldn't bank on what you're seeing on that map at all atleast not for another month or so. Haunt vendors typically decide in the last 30 days before the show what they're doing. But I think in the next few weeks you'll know for sure what is happening on everything.

Lastly, to answer the first question. We will be going and looking forward to it!!!

Vegas will be a better place for the show in terms of having fun, hotels, food, excitement, etc.

For the haunt industry its a terrible place to go because most of the haunt owners are east of Kanas City and same with the vendors. Most vendors in the past drove their stuff to the show, now they'll have to ship the stuff which might mean taking fewer booths or less big stuff. Same goes for the haunters because again most of them are east of Kansas City and they do liked to drive up for the weekend and drive back in time for work on Monday.

Now everyone will be flying for sure! I also don't like the fact the show will start on a Sunday. Most haunted house owners have other jobs and find it hard to get time off work. Having the shows main days on weekends helps the haunt industry.

Bottom line is this...Transworld is a BUYER SELLER SHOW despite the fact there will be a haunt tour, there will be seminars. If you own an attraction you WILL BE THERE! Period.

There is NO other show for serious buyers and sellers to go. Vendors are counting on buyers and buyers are counting on vendors to deliver the goods.

I think everyone will be there and from there we'll see how it goes. One of the bad things I think as well is the fact that a lot of buyers bought stuff right off the floor and took it home. There might be a lot less of that going on this year.

But overall I hated Chicago even though its so close to my home, its cold, its windy and its boring in the winter. Vegas will be warm, fun, exciting and offers something for everyone in terms of entertainment.

I think we will SEE less actors, enthusiasts, people walking around with blood dripping down their face and for sure haunts won't be bringing a bus load of their people... and to that I say 'THANK GOD'.

The fact is as much as you want this to be a social event, it shouldn't be. Vendors are paying big bucks for the booths, making new product, and shipping it all there. It costs money. The last thing a vendor wants is to talk to someone who doesn't really want to buy anything all day long.

Same goes for the buyers... many times they want to talk to a vendor to place an order while 4 people stand there and talk to the guy who plans to order nothing. I personally love to talk to people, I love to meet people, and I really look forward to putting faces to all these posts. But on the other hand you are there to do business while on the show floor.

If you talk to any vendor they want to write orders and grab drinks and gab later.

I think Vegas will help out in this end for sure!

I think overall it will all work out just fine.

Larry

Speculo
01-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Actually, for vendors like Screamline who knows? Since you do sell so many actor oriented props, you might miss many of those folks who drove to Transworld. However, if you have existing customers who don't come to Vegas, they know how high quality your stuff is, and will most likely pick up new items online, at Midwest or Hauntcon anyway.

I think you will always do well, because the product is top notch.

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD

screamline studios
01-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Ben ,
thank you! and larry you could be very right!

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s but i would still like more feedback on the move?

Speculo
01-27-2008, 10:12 PM
On a related yet unrelated note...

I guess there are no costuming events?

Will this be the first time in many Transworlds I won't be packing a weird new costume in my luggage?

It will be a relief in some ways, but kind of like breaking an ancient tradition.

Can you even walk around in Vegas in a creature suit? With all those cameras and security there it doesn't seem like a wise place for gory creatures to stalk about.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

screamline studios
01-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Ben,
this could be good how about the first netherworld costume party??? at transworld.

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S were do we buy the tickets!! i am in for sure..haha

Motograter
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm going this year. This is my very first time going too. I'm so excited

Tater
01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey yall

Ok so i really really have no reason of going....Infact i think Transworld is trying to weed out the people that arent the business owners, But as an actor that travels I AM going to be there just booked a room and will be bringing someone. ROB! MADDI! TATTOO! I will see yall their and plan on parting with all of you. And to the people i dont know, I plan on partying with you too

xxxdirk
01-27-2008, 11:15 PM
As I said, I am going. Am I looking forward to it? No. I think it will be a lot different in many ways than the TW I grew to love and not different in a good way. Maybe I am being a "Debbie Downer", and I hope I am wrong, but "I have a bad feeling about this."

Tater
01-27-2008, 11:17 PM
True Dirk it does have a bad feeling but if worst comes to worst party in my hotel room and it is Vegas

drfrightner
01-28-2008, 02:12 AM
You know what that would be awesome... Ben you should do a Netherworld Costume Contest with a lot of your guys in make up. That would be cool...

Netherworld leads the industry in the costume and make up department.

Ben I doubt you should bring one of your costumes this year. Considering there probably won't be a lot of hanging out in a hotel and stuff like that there probably won't be a place to get that scare on.

Unless you want to walk around the show floor in a costume but I doubt you want to do that considering this year is the year to talk shop on the show floor and not after the show. Probably the best opportunities this year to talk to old friends is at the show itself so it would be hard to do that in costume.

See what I mean?

Larry

Speculo
01-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Yea...

To much business to do, I couldn't ever wear a costume to the show itself anyway. Unless things change I guess that stuff will need to wait for Hauntcon and Mid west.

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

mindtumor
01-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I will be there but I am driving down from Michigan. I have always wanted to drive across the country and this would be a good oppurtunity. I want to try and have another hauntworld members dinner like last year. It might be hard because not many of us are sure what is in Vegas but it is worth a shot.

Gore Galore
01-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Transworld would be willing to set up a hotel to sponsor our after hour get togethers.
I have been working with Michael Lisberg since the beginning, So I think I will try to call him today and see if they can do something about this.
That way they can put signs around the show floor showing where the after hours party is. And we can post the info everywhere.
It would suck to have all these people in one place and everyone is just hanging out in their own respective hotels.

Haunted Illinois
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
...Can you even walk around in Vegas in a creature suit? With all those cameras and security there it doesn't seem like a wise place for gory creatures to stalk about.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Ben,

That's a good point. I'm not sure what kind of reception Haunters will get in Vegas, especially in the casinos. I remember during Transworld in 2005 there was a haunt tour and the haunted house was located near a casino in Aurora IL. Actually, the casino was advertised as one of the benefits of signing up for the haunt tour... people would be able to gamble at the casino after the tour was over. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as planned. Several of the tour attendees came in costume and the casino wouldn't let them in, due to security concerns. It makes me wonder if haunters will run into the same thing when they go to Vegas.

Jim Warfield
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Larry, I think Ben is up to the costume challenge, you might not recognise him though in his new Vegas Showgirl costume, "Pretty Racey!"

mindtumor
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I wonder if Transworld would be willing to set up a hotel to sponsor our after hour get togethers.
I have been working with Michael Lisberg since the beginning, So I think I will try to call him today and see if they can do something about this.
That way they can put signs around the show floor showing where the after hours party is. And we can post the info everywhere.
It would suck to have all these people in one place and everyone is just hanging out in their own respective hotels.

We may end up just having to go down there and scope things out on like Friday or Saturday to find somewhere. Then just anyone that wants to hang have a prearranged spot to meet like the show lobby or something and then head to the hotel or whereever as a group.

Neena
01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

Don't count on being in makeup and visiting the casinos! Some are very strict against it. I believe some use facial recognition technology.

Last time we were at the Transworld Vegas Attractions and Haunt Show we were accosted by a swarm of Security at the Bellagio. We were dressed up in clown (Kelly Collins was Scary, I had Fantasy makeup on) to see Cirque Du Soleil. After an ordeal we were admitted. The Theater Manager loved us, the ushers all came by to see us (everyone had a radio), and the patrons thought we were part of the show! I wouldn't try it again.

Hope to see you in March!
Neena

TheGallows
01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I am going for sure, I feel like I know a lot of people from this site but have no clue what they all look like. This will be my first because chicago was too expensive. But one thing that I think people have not thought about, is that the west is really catching on to pro hauntings. I would think that there are hundreds of people wanting to start a pro haunt here in the west and we finally have the option to attend.

Home haunters are plentiful but don't put us all in the same area. There are those of us with big dreams and deep pockets (I have much shallower pockets) but I think the west has a lot of money because of less competition there are alot of larger haunts trying to attend.

Is there a site or link with everything that is happening?

Also, I would say lets get a local boy from vegas that could do some leg work on the party sites.

Also, I wouldn't recommend the dressing up either, sunglasses are usually prohibited near some casinos and large masks would be a big no-no. The strippers will charge you more if there is a possiblility of getting make up on them. JK.

Ryan

drfrightner
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Neena ... GREAT POINT!!!!!!!

I never even thought of that. In Chicago the whole town knows there is a Halloween show going on but Vegas ahhhh they won't even know we where there. Great point! No casino is going to let someone in their place dressed like that no one. Yeah I'd say leave the costumes at home this year.

Larry

drfrightner
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I just wanted to confirm something I said earlier.

The map you're looking is in fact not accurate. In fact many of the vendors have much smaller booths that what you are looking at. Some of the vendors listed haven't even bought booths yet. So what you're seeing is wrong for many many vendors. I think it will work itself out to something more accurate in about 30 days. If I hear something I will keep you posted.

Larry

bodybagging
01-28-2008, 03:48 PM
30 days out from a show as PROFESSIONAL as Transworld is supposed to be is PATHETIC, Im sure they have alot going on but come on, honestly how hard is it map out a floorplan, not like they havent had 365 days to do it.
What used to be something I couldnt wait to attend has quickly become something that Im not so excited about. Now thinking about the Casinos and Hotels not allowing you to wear costumes has just pounded another nail into this coffin. for those of you that know us, KNOW WE DRESS UP FOR THE SHOW.... At the booth, after the booth, going to the booth....... not pleased with thinking about this......

screamlinestudios
01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Bah - I say "What, Me worry?"

It's Vegas baby! Everything is bigger and better in Vegas. It will be hip, it will be right on and it will be Hot! No Doubts.

I think the biggest concern is stepping up your game for Vegas. It's so flashy 24/7 if it's not outta sight than you may just be over looked.

Let's all have fun, make the best of it and PARTY!!

Yeah baby!

Motograter
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Bah - I say "What, Me worry?"

It's Vegas baby! Everything is bigger and better in Vegas. It will be hip, it will be right on and it will be Hot! No Doubts.

I think the biggest concern is stepping up your game for Vegas. It's so flashy 24/7 if it's not outta sight than you may just be over looked.

Let's all have fun, make the best of it and PARTY!!

Yeah baby!

I agree with you Screamline. Even tho I'm anti-gambling, I think it will be a blast!!!

screamline studios
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
WELL, WELL,WELL , i thought this was steve but i was wrong.
IT IS!!!!!

Look at ME MR. footloose and fancy free living it up!!
HAHAHA usually i am the one glugging beers but if you are that excited than maybe its time to pass the mug your way and let you enjoy yourself for once!!and let me chew on nails,gravel,glass, or anything else thats harmful!

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Gravely
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Boy I sure hope it works out for everybody.
We won't be going or displaying.

One thing I herad that was odd, but probably won't effect haunters, is that Rubies just did a big convention in vegas last week ( sorry if this is old news)

So a lot of regular vendors are really sweating that costume shops went there and won't go back out a second time.

best of luck to all our vendor friends.

screamline studios
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey, Ricky

You are not the only one who has heard this rumor, and i believe there was many more companys involved than rubies,here is my take on it, there was a private invite only to this gathering, so will certain companys go to transworld or avoid it like a disease, i say they voted on avoiding it like a disease??and not attend.
I hope i am wrong and just talking shit, but you never know maybe the rumor mill was right on the money??

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S It sure will suck that you and the crew will not be there!!

screamline studios
01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Just one more thing that really BURNS my ass that i have to get off my chest, if this rumor is true and there were many people attending this invite only event and dont attend transworld#$#$#%^#THIS IS WERE I GET MAD then why in the F....k shoud us haunters attend, remember folks they never wanted us there to begin with so i guess i just dont get it!!!buyer, manufactures,distributers having a private showing?? and us haunters going to transworld??? I GIVE UP...

Tater
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Jason

You bring up a good point about the haunters not being wanted. It seems that they are trying new stuff and hopefully they will realize that the haunt industry is huge and stop trying to squeeze us out. In anycase...you may not know me but there will be a beer waiting for you and steve in my room

screamline studios
01-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Thank you tator,
but can i please have two beers,or three ,or four???haha ok maybe more. This is what i dont get with the big vendors at transworld they want potential buyers only!! and i get that , but all of us haunted house guys help keep this holiday alive do all people meet a minimum on ordering i am sure with actors the answer is no, but the big vendors rather bitch than understand the indusrty as a hole.This is my break down of it all, as children we go trick or treating, get dress up, get scared,and get candy!! the break down is simple....."dress up"costume shops or big chain retail stores,"get scared"halloween actors or haunted house actors,"get candy"even more retail!!we all belong in the mix, just imagine just for a second halloween without haunted houses....Now that would be truly scary!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

RJ Productions
01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
OK let's think of the reality of this.
Our Haunt Vendors focus on Haunters first, then costume shops. So the bulk of our vendirs still see the bulk of their market.

Whether or not Rubies or any other costume line does or doesn't do a private event will again have little impact on our vendors and our part of the show.

IF costume shops traveled to TW JUST to see one major vendor why even go to the show??? They could just go that vendor online and bag the trip. Even if a costume shop does a major part of their buying from Rubies, they still buy from other vendors and will attend the show. If that shop only buys from Rubies, then they wouldn't be buying from our vendors anyway!

The only people really effected will be Rubies themselves. IF customers saw their line previously they will have less of a reason to visit them again in Vegas. So they go see other vendors instead. If they didn't order in the "pre-show" then, they may loose a sale.

Face it, if a customer is only going to buy from Rubies, he wasn't going to buy from you anyway! All you've done is save the cost of a catalog!

screamline studios
01-29-2008, 01:02 AM
RJ

Let me step back for a moment!!ok it is not rubies, it was mostly buyers attending the invite only event!!! my question to you is if you lost 25 to 100 buyers because they went to the invite only and not transworld, and as a vendor (spending thousands of dollars) would you not be on the fence???

Jason Blaszcak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Speculo
01-29-2008, 06:14 AM
I heard it was some sort of lingerie show, it might have been in conjunction with some other adult type shows.

Just like we spread over several cons (Transworld, Hauntcon, Midwest etc...) I am sure certain vendors have the same thing going.

I seem to remember that a friend of mine that has a big retail store mentioned going to Vegas for some thing like this in the last few weeks, and I might have seen an ad in one of those random costume trade magazines that come in the junk mail sometimes.

That may be what this is about...

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Gore Galore
01-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Jason and all other vendors.
Lets talk about something.
The cycle.
I go through the same thing every year, and it starts in Nov every year.
We start sculpting and coming up with new designs. I start questioning the new designs and how they are going to affect our year.
Usually I am pretty down and worried about how the year is going to be. Luckily not the case this year because I know we have some crazy stuff in store.
But that isn't really the point.
The point is I always question the show and how we will do. It is just that we are in a different location so it adds more questions but it is exactly the same cycle.

The answer,
Stop worrying about it. It is always the same.
Do your best to make quality products that set you apart from everyone else. And provide the best possible customer service you can.
What else can you do ever.

Just be your best, have fun and people will see that.

Stop being a Worry Wart

GoryCorey
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I just wanted to confirm something I said earlier.

The map you're looking is in fact not accurate. In fact many of the vendors have much smaller booths that what you are looking at. Some of the vendors listed haven't even bought booths yet. So what you're seeing is wrong for many many vendors. I think it will work itself out to something more accurate in about 30 days. If I hear something I will keep you posted.

Larry

I wouldnt be surprise by the Distortions size tho. They have been using 8 spaces the past 2 years.

I specifically asked to be at least a row away this year after being next door the past 2 years (sick of screaming out prop speeches in my sleep!)

Ken Spriggs
01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Tater.........one word for you....... tekillya
You ready for round 2?

Tater
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Im always ready for round 2...but is round 2 ready for me

xxxdirk
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I own a costume shop and heard nothing about the event last month. Furthermore I buy from Rubies and I am sure I would have heard from them if they were not attending.

xxxdirk
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Actually just called my rep from Rubies and they WILL be at Vegas.

zimmerman
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm out. The $1,000 it will cost to get to & stay in Vegas for three nights could be spent on new props. Since I'm from the Midwest Chicago was an easy, inexpensive trip.

xxxdirk
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Just a quick followup. Rubies did have a mini show in Vegas for buyers from that area. They are also gonna have another mini show in Chicago and perhaps a few other cities too. Seems they are feeling a bit worried abot the turn out in VEGAS. They will be in Vegas for the show, but darn, I am feeling nervous

screamline studios
01-30-2008, 11:14 PM
XXXDirk

If all this is true like i said before, it raises a big brow!!i know i should not worry about this show,but something just does not feel right about the hole thing,and when you factor in all the cash, why shouldn't everyone feel a bit on edge??

just my thoughts

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

xxxdirk
01-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I TOTALLY feel for the vendors. As Clinton said, "I feel your pain." They are the ones that have the most to gain and lose from this. I mean all I have to do is get there, ($10 plane ticket thank you points) and pay for my room $90 a night and food $?) You guys also have to pay for your booths and getting your stuff there n back. I know it sucks but all you can do is try right? I mean if you dont show up and it rocks, you guys will be kicking your selves.

I wish you guys, esppecially the guys that are trying to make an honest buck, PEACE.

Ron

screamline studios
01-30-2008, 11:56 PM
XXXDirk
It does most definetly suck on the risk factor,however on the chance to meet new buyers it brings growth as a company, i guess its worth the risk(yet still sucks)i hope to see you at the booth or at least glugging a beer(or water) with us...

Just some random dude
Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry i guess i keep going and going, but as a manufacturer, and distibuter,we want the best out of our company. And as a buyer you would want the best products right???So correct me if i am wrong why should we be ok with transworld going a half ass job on getting everything in place.If we want the best, why shouldnt they try there best???we are all the customers right.?.? However all we have to do is just give them money to fill up there pockets and fill in the void of there manhood!!! Sorry if i am pissing people off but i feel like i am being pissed on!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Greg Chrise
01-31-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't thing there is anything wrong with your concern. Other shows that happen in the same venue are like the consumer electronics show where potential customers and the press are treated to after parties that look like $150,000 wedding receptions. If not on site they are bussed and limo escorted to where the party is by special invite.

The products are backed ny millions in venture capital that cover millions in not only product inventory that are just looking to be in 1.2 million homes at $1500 a pop and there is 1.2 million pre gathered to launch a product.

Shift to a little reality and a guy or a group of people bust their hump to make something that will sell 100 to people wanting to spen $30, the total investment to get it to market comes from similar hard work and years of building a business rather than if the product doesn't work it was just a bad investment and we have 9 others that didn't fare as poorly.

Yet, the venue is going to cost the same. The big launch had the resources to give swag out to the select few, free products and even fly in those that really need to see the new product and that moment in history to make it all a big buzz.

Some times it isn't just a risk, it is being where you shouldn't be. Peer pressure? A false economy of vendors pretending there is a tremendous market. For all things it is not nessecarily a match? I haven't and don't intend on being a big Transworld vendor and I don't see how anyone can put out so much of thier real resources when in fact the house (who ever it is) is getting the fruit of your labors no matter what.

Using Rubies or Morris is a real indicator not because of who they will be selling to but, they are representing a gazzilion products instock and already a vested intrest. This is the way they have done business and if they are pulling back, it means that their direct marketing of new customers that are expected to show for a greater buying purpose aren't responding.

Some big launch of a product isn't relying on the fact that there is a show, they are direct marketing big time and buying those people to attend as a course of business with the idea that it is a happening that shouldn't be missed. I can understand the thinking that if you don't walk in with $5,000 you might be in the way. Yet, the haunt community doesn't roll that way.

For some kinds of products and services this might be THE way to establish or renew a market. For others it is like setting up a vegetable stand in the middle. I'm not trying to judge any product or service and don' have the facts to do so. I certainly know in my buisness, we are expected to give 5 star sevice and take on projects like we have a million dollars backing us and it is just a matter of asking. When in reality they want to pay a crew of 4 people the price of one and of course all materials are a gift rom god.

There is nothing that doesn't say a business can't go on from day to day or project to project and be successful financially and that just means paying all the bills. That is the reality. But, the expecation is that everyone has no real need for an income like they are living off of an annuity or something. Or your dad is president of the bank or it's all the trick of a trust fund as oppossed to hard labor.

The customers want things made with superior quality which demands hands on creation by the main man but want the prices of a Chinese village and expect to have this offered to them at the Hilton. Then this widget is going to be competing with the vacation atmosphere let alone 3 other copy cat product lines.

For the money that is going to simply floated away "being someone" you could send free samples out to hundreds and hard sell everyone of those prequalified buyers individually.

The real decision is, is that venue going to be like the stock market and take 1000 orders or is it going to take 50 orders. If it tends to be 50, it could be done with a telephone and a dream instead of a pimped out (expensive) show floor.

These companies burning venture capital are the ones writing the disclaimers that say 99% of all deals fail, plan to lose your money or don't invest if you can't lose because it is part of the design for there to be grand losses and people making their incomes over just the span of the campaign. Then they move onto the next campaign also well funded and beyond their control.

No one is willing to just say something is fundamentally a silly idea? The old money is going to win, the new money is going to spend it, the up and commer has 1 in 99 chance of becoming the new money rock star but the in between guys keep going whether it is wrong or not because it sort of has potential and is expected behavior. Perhaps the alternative of like getting a job is out of the question on so many levels.

I don't know how everyone does it. I don't know how I do it. And all the expenses that have ever been listed on a piece of paper have had no problem increasing while the potential expendable income of everyone as a result has decreased but, no one is saying exactly. All I hear is it's a party.

I'm perhaps a real party pooper, I gave up getting free beers that cost $4,000 years ago.

It isn't necessarily the Transworld people. It's that space rents the same to be a Google booth with booth babes and free mouse pads and memory sticks or it is hawking $2 worth of latex or urethane and lots of work. So much goes into the work part that there isn't the resources to have a staff of 50 per company organize the big meet up. The would be press will be phoning it in. With out that big money, there is no way to pre forcast what the results will be. Hence it is a risk. Real business might occasionally do things at cost just to keep the crew together but going somewhere blind is not real business.

I do see that all of a sudden a whole new group will come from the West coast but, this implies your methods of shipping and getting the product and the service after the sale will be that much more stretched out as well expense wise. It could be the thing that kills many people's years of hard work over time after the show.

It might be an alternative to just hit the smaller shows? For the same expense you could hit several. Sometimes you have to just say no, let everyone else kill themselves. Then if it proves to be a happening thing with the waters tested then do it. Unless you can somehow confirm and qualify that so many people are coming with so much money to specifically see you on such and such a date. Then it isn't a risk, it is pay day. If you aren't sure if anyone is coming, it is a $4,000 beer. Which maybe you deserve but, without having a real market survey (with names and adresses and yes and no's) it's like the movement of the sheep.

It's different in the desert.

How much of that "the haunt industry is a 300 million dollar market" involves 5,000 people spending thousands to be somewhere for a beer? Okay, maybe 10 percent is an acceptable expense. I need all my 10 pecents.

drfrightner
01-31-2008, 02:47 AM
Jason,

I don't think you have anything to worry about on the haunted side of the coin. I understand there was just some costume show with Rubies and maybe some of those people won't show. But haunted house owners have this date on their calender all year.

There isn't ONE haunted house owner who doesn't want to come to this show.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

This is NO offense to the MHC's or the Hauntcons or whatever. But I've heard vendor after vendor after vendor tell me they will NOT display again at Hauntcon because they don't make sales. Funny thing is that a lot of haunted house owner went to that show so what gives? Funny thing too is that most people say that Hauntcon or an MHC is more fun to attend than Transworld.

So again what gives?

What gives is that Transworld is the buyer seller show period! Most of the biggest vendors on the block do not display at Hauntcon or these other shows. They only display at Transworld and maybe IAAPA. Buyers go where the sellers go and the sellers go where the buyers go. Its really that simple.

Buyers haunt buyers will probably drop as much as 5 to 6 or maybe more million dollars at Transworld. It doesn't matter how many of the smaller buyers don't show because they'll probably end up driving to MHC or something, and you can grab their business there. Moving the show actually might be a GOOD thing for selling more product at shows like MHC, because a lot of those people prefer to drive to a show over a weekend.

I don't like the dates of this show that is scary considering all the people who have real jobs but hey if you are REALLY in the business you will be there.

A little secret about me... SHHHH! I turn down 10 to 15 consulting offers EVERY SINGLE YEAR. People offering me 2 or 3 or more thousand dollars if I'd just fly out to their place for a weekend. No go man... I hate to travel! I mean I HATE IT!

I've become somewhat reclusive meaning I almost don't even leave the house. I will travel if I HAVE TO DO IT for our business but I don't want to. To get me on a plane to come see someones haunted house for some consulting job you better be paying some big bucks because I just don't want to leave my house basically.

The point is... that I wouldn't go to the Transworld show myself if I didn't think it was just that important to my business. It is! I don't do Hauntcon and I've never attended any of these other shows because I just don't need to go. I think those shows are a choice, you choose to go because you want to have a great social experience, meet people and tour some haunts. All great things but not esential to my business. So I don't go. I think MHC specifically is really shapping up for this industry to be a secondary show for vendors but I probably still wouldn't go its just me. I wouldn't go to Transworld either if I didn't feel like I really have no choice in the matter.

I go to Transworld because its IMPORTANT to my business and its the same reason why all other haunters go! I think everything will be fine!

Larry

Jim Warfield
01-31-2008, 09:42 AM
I just read elsewhere that some aitports now ask you to remove all electronic devices from luggage so they can check them AND even cables. The person posting this said they knew that this all added extra waiting time and nobody had warned anyone beforehand..for what it's worth?
Another opportunity for theft and loss.

xxxdirk
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I predicted it a long time ago. Pretty soon all the flights will be nude only! I would not mind it with some of the girls I have seen on the flights, but occasionally you get the 400# guys on the plane

bodybagging
01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Larry, I got to tell you that I think you are dropping the ball by not attending MHC, as a Vendor who has been to the BIG THREE and a whole lot of Little EVENTs, I can say that MHC is by far my favorite event.
As a Haunter, that has attended just about every haunt related event I can say that once again MHC is by Far my favorite event.
MHC has GROWN in Leaps and Bounds, and I am willing to bet you lunch that by 2010 MHC will be the NUMBER ONE EVENT for all things Haunted. One of the things that I can say that I see being a actuality is the fact that unlike other events that I shall not name, MHC supports the Haunters, they support the vendors, they support the speakers, they actually care about the industry, In turn I see that the Haunters, the Vendors, the speakers, and the industry in a whole will SUPPORT MHC.
Transworld could give a Rats butt about whether haunters attend or not, and This year I am still struggling with a huge desicion, do I swallow my pride, and support a event that does not support me, that doesnt care enough about my industry to have a ACTUAL floorplan in effect 50 days out from the showdate.
Sorry Im really not a Ill take what you Give me kind of guy.
But anyways....... Larry get off your butt, and go to MHC! All the cool kids are doing it.

Killer Katie
01-31-2008, 04:42 PM
I really hope that all the haunt people I know and lothe.. um ..love do very well out there in Vegas, but I can see if coming back to Chicago if things don't go as planned. Sure, the Midwest is full of freaks, myself included, but maybe there is this great untapped market out there just waiting to break free! I wish I was going, but alas the almighty dollar holds me back. I'll just have to live through the rest of my pals at Evilusions and then wait until MHC (not pregnant, and can;t wait to join in th efun this year!!!!!). And on a note about what Jason stated about passing the mug onto Steve.... I think it's about time that Steve caught up to you and drinks you under the table! Are you up for the challenge?? LOL I want someone to take pictures!!!! (And have a Heiniken for me)

bodybagging
01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Speaking of MHC.......... No time like the present to announce that BBE will be playing in the Makeup WARS!!!!!!!!! Jason since this is your Thread I figure youll be the next to join in on the FUN!

Neena
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your kind words about the MHC!

Hi Everyone,

This is a shameless plug. Transworld is a show for buyers.

The Midwest Haunters Convention is for Haunters including Operators, Technicians, Actors and Makeup Artists. That includes shopping for everyone with our huge show floor, and our awesome social events including haunt tours and parties. We want Haunters!

We keep taking it up a notch. Last year, among other things we launched the Midwest Fantasy Show which was a fabulous success. It will be back this year.

We are staying at Harrah's at TW. Hope to see you soon!

Neena

xxxdirk
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
To me Transworld is a necc evil. I love the MWHC. So much so I have turned down a huge contract and booking so I can attend this year. TW is big with lots of lots of vendors. Thats it. MWHC has less vendors, but the folks that put it on are haunters and CARE about the haunters that go.

Jim Warfield
01-31-2008, 06:37 PM
"HUGE" Contract!?
The bigger they are, the harder they fall, so don't be standing too close to one when a big wind blows!

drfrightner
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I hear NOTHING but good things about MHC, and I even hear from vendors who tell me they made money. I hear the exact opposite about Hauntcon. The great thing about MHC is that its in Ohio. Last year on Hauntworld Ohio was the #1 state for traffic requests. PA was second place. Ohio is just a big haunt state period.

As for me going... well I doubt it but you never know. I think Columbus is a really nice town!!! I would encourage everyone else to go to MHC, just for myself I'm just too lazy!!! LOL

I will say that my actors want to go to MHC to talk to other actors and stuff. We've talked for two years about sending them up there. Larry

Greg Chrise
01-31-2008, 07:42 PM
The vendors have set up the war of the 16 foot tall facades and displays at Transworld. At the smaller conventions there is a 12 inch by 30 inch sign with their company name on it.

You know nothing gets the buyers more in a frenzy than a good table cloth and a sign. Polo shirts with a ponch hanging out is good too.

screamline studios
01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
SCREAMLINE has always been about presentation, MHC, haunt con, or even the enemy transworld, I personally cannot stand when vendors just throw things together for the buyer with minimum effort, but thats just me!!

just some random dude
Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S If anyone has any extra cash,cds,stocks,bonds, retirment funds,silver fillings laying around transworld would love to take them of your hands for a small fee!!!!

Barry
01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, since this is a thread about TW let me first say that I hope all of the vendors do well out there! I am all for anything that grows our industry.

Ron, as for number of vendors, you are in for a very pleasant surprise when you see this year's show floor! I think our square footage equals that of ANY other show and we are already 35% sold with many of the larger vendors, who have said they are coming, yet to sign on. Stay tuned...

screamline studios
01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey barry,
Dont forget about us boys and girls at screamline we are for sure in!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

xxxdirk
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Barry, I am sure you will have more vendors than what you know what to do with this year. This year will be crazy. Next year is going to be off the scale.
Congrats in advance Buddy! Hope to see YOU in Vegas....

Gore Galore
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Barry,

I am sure we will also be attending MHC this year.
And with no hold on orders this year.
we have pre-fabbed as many costumes as we built all of last year already.
Plus we have too many friends at MHC to miss going, and have already had several customers ask us to attend.

coachman
01-31-2008, 09:13 PM
I am a west-coast haunter and have never been to the big show in Chicago. Now with it coming to Las Vegas, and being about a 7 hour drive, I will be making the trip and staying for the entire duration of the show.

It's kind of funny that this thread was started by Jason of Screamline, since it so happens that Screamline is one of the vendors I am coming to see (this is also my very first post on the Hauntworld forum, by the way). Saw some of the SL products at a past HAuNTcon and was impressed, from a haunt actor's point of view.

There are some posts here from folks who can't make it to Transworld due to its having moved west, but here's a California haunter who can, partly for the same reason... looking forward to it!

Chris D.
the Coachman

Tater
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok called up the beer man and i need to know How many Kegs we are going to need and should i just spread them around or put them at the screamline booth...

screamlinestudios
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Tater,

The question is how many Kegs for Jason alone?

Oh and please do not wheel any up to the booth for the love of God! I trust you've seen Homer Simpson drool over a nice cold Duff Beer, well Homer ain't got nuthin on our Beer Guzzlin, Nail Biting, Cig smokin baldy we fondly call Big Rigger (Jason).

You'll put us out of business! Who wants to buy products from a drunken louse with a shifty Grin?

Just keep it in an area he can get to after the show.

screamline studios
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
OHHHH I see how this is going to be!!
first of all LAZY EYE!! ANYONE WHO KNOWS MEEEE!!!!
knows i only drink on the job, and second i drink because of chissle chined, oddly shaped pebble headed, branch browed, short footed,dazzle toothed,pin liped, club thumbed, ego jarred, throttle mouthed bastards like you!!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS
P.S hey steve do you mind grabbing some beer on the way to the shop tonight??
P.S.S TATER you just keep thoses kegs a comin

bodybagging
02-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Wow and to think I caught you two snuggling while I was at the studio.

Killer Katie
02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Bodybag and Screamline, I too should be in the Make Up wars, and can't wait to have some real competition.... heh heh heh! Let the blood fly!!!!! We should sell tickets to see our geniuses at work! :)

ScaryJerry
02-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Despite some gloom and doom on this subject I believe the show will be a huge success.

Come see us at booth 9311 in the Dark Zone!

ScaryJerry
SkullTroniX
916 600-2295
SkullTroniX.com

Jim Warfield
02-02-2008, 04:50 PM
ScaryJerry, After you say "Come See us in the Dark Zone" you should borrow the ad line from Motel Six, "We'll leave a light on for you!"
(I wonder if they allow seeing-eye werewolves in there?)

drfrightner
02-04-2008, 06:22 AM
The make up wars was at MHC correct? Did anyone upload video of that to youtube? Will MHC have this contest again this year?

Who will compete?

Larry

bodybagging
02-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey Larry, MHC sponsored the Makeup Wars at Hauntcon as well last season but Hauntcon did not opt to have the event this year, as always MHC will be hosting the Makeup Wars at their Event! Registration is now open to contestants.... first prize being a Cruise trip for Two on the BloodyMary cruise. As for Past contestants, I Have seen some really talented people involved, Jason from Screamline, Katie from Evillusions, and even myself at the beginning stages of my FX days.
and a quicky copy and paste from their thread.
The competition will begin at 4:30 pm on Saturday, June 14 th during the Midwest Haunters Convention. To register your team log on to www.midwesthauntersconvention.com . A crowd will gather to watch some of the best makeup teams in the country create their monsters on stage. Bring your makeup artists and camera for tips on FX applications.

Our Grand Prize, a Cruise for two, is a 7 day trip out of Galveston , Texas Jan 25- Feb 1 st 2009 on the Carnival Ship, Conquest. You’ll cruise the Western Caribbean with stops at Montego Bay , Grand Cayman and Cozumel . The Bloody Mary cruise is valued over $1,100

screamline studios
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Don't count on being in makeup and visiting the casinos! Some are very strict against it. I believe some use facial recognition technology.

Last time we were at the Transworld Vegas Attractions and Haunt Show we were accosted by a swarm of Security at the Bellagio. We were dressed up in clown (Kelly Collins was Scary, I had Fantasy makeup on) to see Cirque Du Soleil. After an ordeal we were admitted. The Theater Manager loved us, the ushers all came by to see us (everyone had a radio), and the patrons thought we were part of the show! I wouldn't try it again.

Hope to see you in March!
Neena

So let me get this staight, vegas does not want people to dress up at a halloween show??? what the hell is wrong with this picture!!!! I understand the whole security thing with the casinos, but that means we should be on pins and needles if we even get close to the hot spots and avoid human contact all together because we could be a terrorist or a thief that would make us all outcasts to pretty much everyone in vegas, all of us in the haunt industy and even the costume shops live our lives around the holiday, so why should we be confined to one location?? i just dont get it!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!! thank god for shows like MHC,hauntcon,and every other show that understands the customer is the most important.....not politically correct bullshit!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

xxxdirk
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I would expect that any vendors will be allowed to dresss up. I mean, it is your booth and you cant tell me that other tradeshows dont allow exhibitors to dress....

Tater
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok i took me awhile but i got Barrys MHC Booze Fund Credit Card. So the kegs will be hidden....First place to check is Jasons room

bodybagging
02-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey DIRK, doubtful that a vendor would be able to dress up, anywhere other than the show floor, which means that any elaborate makeup would have to be done AT the SHOW and REMOVED AT the SHOW.........

MindWerxKMG
02-05-2008, 09:50 AM
A friend of mine is a VP at the Venetian. He told me that under no circumstance are costumes and/or makeup and/or masks ever permitted inside a casino unless you are an employee of said casino and your job requires that you wear a costume. Its a major security risk.

xxxdirk
02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, not that it is any of my business but have any of you vendors CALLED TW and found out straight from them? I mean, that is what I would do if I spent $ for a booth.

MindWerxKMG
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
You can be costumed on the convention floor, but you cannot enter a casino in costume.

Greg Chrise
02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks to Utube, I have been finding all sorts of weird things to look at. One is a group of about 30 to 50 that dress up like Santa and hit a town expecting to gather in a few public places and sing jingle bells. It looks like there was drinking involved.

The over all summary of this is the people started as Santa gets on an airplane and so reports begin that a group is coming to a destination on two planes, converging on a city. Every where they go, they are met with police in riot gear and sng a chorus of jingle bells in protest.

Vendors in the market won't serve them, the ones that do of course bank. Police follow them everywhere and keep an eye on them from a distance. Two end up in Jail. They end up taking over a bar and rally to get the two Santas out of jail and put on a little show, have group pictures and vow to do this again.

I would think a place like Vegas is all about dealing with wrong behavior. An actual casino has more security than banks do today and even banks are trying to get laws passed that you can't wear hats or sun glasses because there are so any robberies. Wearing a mask into a bank generally means only one thing. A casino has basicly thousands of dollars laying around and a vault in it the same as a bank.

But, the hotels, the access to and from the hotels and the convention center I wouldn't think would have this mindset. It might be heavily monitored because in their mnds it might be the 40 elvis's jump out of a plane to do a big hyst but, I think it could be kind of tense, especially with interacting with innocent by standers who have not been given a written announcement ahead of time that they are about to be punked.

Basically we find joy in disturbing the peace.

At HauntCon Dallas, I was on the fifth floor at 2AM really worn out and I heard screaming of a large crowd. I heard the monsters groaning. I sprung to the window and couldn't see the side walk below but it seems that the Halloween bar closed and at least 2 zomies hit the streets and were cattle driving about 70 black kinds across a court. Of course in seconds 6 or more police cars show up. I never heard how it ended or if anyone got away or had to spend hours explaining themselves and undergoing sobriety tests.

Of course I sat there laughing for about an hour insanely. In reflectio, the cops were already there loking for a disturbance as that hotel was a routine place where conventions and out breaks of all types occured regularly as anytime you have 70,000 people (3 conventions in one place) in a hotel/ convention complex.

It might be a bummer but I wouldn't want to explain myself for 2 hours or in the case of Vegas, be seriously screwed with by private security that think I had crossed the bounds of their domain. They don't have the same rules as the police.

Of course I laughed for an hour at 70 black kids running in temendous fear, falling down, hiding behind stuf, having heart attacts. But, of course I'm not right. And this could be insighting a riot or any number of things. It seems all of society from school days on was after the ring leader of any mass conciousness that took away from the teacher's authority. The ones that thought we were goofy and everyone needs to follow the rules became cops and security guards.

Then there are those of us that insight riots or at least assault groups of people at a time, only we are the security. We knocked out the rule followers in the name of a memorable event in the customers lives. Now getting into someone elses "playground" could be a little tricky.

Speculo
02-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Good Idea, we should ask Transworld. They might not even know, this is sort of new ground...

As to vendors I am sure almost "anything" goes in the actual Expo center. Its walking to and from the hotels/Casinos that the problems might occur. I.e. I don't think Gore Galore or Screamlines characters in the show have anything to worry about, but stalking through the Venetian.....

The real problem is what about all those people getting face paint and prosthetics as demos? Also Haunt actors getting made up in their rooms and walking to the show floor...

I am not costuming this year at Transworld. I will save it for Hauntcon and Midwest.

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Greg Chrise
02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Be sure to have fresh batteries in all the video cameras, I want to see all the social injustice films. I'll stay here.

Greg Chrise
02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
A bunch of Search Engine and Affiliate Marketers went to a convention, only about 6 of them decided to have little rascals and a video camera. It was very handy collecting things and putting the hand outs in the little basket. But, then the drinking began.

A few had figured out how to drive by on two wheels, do wheelies. The would play elevator games of seek and destroy even bumber cars and races. They got away with it for the most part because no one wants to mess with the handicapped even though they weren't.

The video went on to the bars to show how to do disco dancing in a power chair, how to literally pick up chicks and so on.

But, then it turned bad as they began jumping a public escalator going up and down the wrong way and tumbling down out of control. The authorities kind of stepped in then.

Of course they vow to do it again in a different place. Pretty much trashing $2800 scooters for fun, never having to walk a large convention floor again.

drfrightner
02-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Here is a rumor for you that has been confirmed. The party part of the Transworld show is starting their own show in '09 in Houston. They may pull out of the TW show. I don't know how this will effect the TW show in the future, but lets hope the Party people stay. I like the party show. Its fun to walk through that area.

Larry

lurker
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Hmmmm, I think those party people might be on to something.

drfrightner
02-09-2008, 05:08 AM
I was looking over the TW floor plan again today and still its not accurate. From my understanding Studio Tek might not have a booth this year but they're on the floor plan. I'm pretty sure Boneyard Productions will not have a booth yet they're still on the floor plan. I think there are a few others as well who show booths but won't have one or they will have smaller booths. I did notice however that the big giant booth that Gyro had is now gone 110%. Gyro has no booth now. To be honest I can't imagine why they would even have a booth. From what I hear their haunts are terrible and set up to make a quick buck. Additionally that is NOT the show to sell haunted houses to people if that was their plan. But now all of a sudden they're off the show floor all together.

I have some additional news as well... seems that my predictions would stand. I predicted that 2o to 30% of the haunters would leave on Monday afternoon and I a good source that this will be the case. The haunted seminars are selling REALLY well for Transworld this year... heck I would get in on those ASAP!!! They have the best speakers this year with some great topics...

Anyway all the seminars are books at a clip of about 30% higher on Sunday opposed to Monday. I mean across the board! What this tells me is exactly what I was predicting that haunted house owners will come in on Saturday, party party party, then go to the show on Sunday, and leave on a plane sometime on Monday. People leaving on Monday won't be booking seminars when they're heading to airports around 1pm or whatever.

I think the show attendance for haunts will drop like a ROCK by Monday afternoon. Haunted house owners have real jobs, and can't stay on weekdays anymore. You can make this show in one day if you're a haunt owner. I think most retailers will stay the whole show because they do 20 times as much buying. So be prepared if you're a vendor to twiddle your thumbs on Tuesday, and bring a bed on Wednesday. LOL

I also hear that the unions will be TOUGH on vendors who think they can bring in their own equipment. If you can't carry it then you can't bring it inside the show without hiring their people. From what I'm hearing you can't use a dolly, or anything like that to bring in your equipment. If you can carry it with one person you can bring it inside if not prepare to pay the piper!

This is just what I've heard now from people who done the research!

The haunted house tour is STILL ON for Sunday Night you can FINALLY pick up your tickets at www.vegashaunttour.com. You will get an unlimited bbq, and drinks and tours through FIVE haunted houses plus a bus ride.

Pick up your tickets today baby!

Lastly, on MONDAY the ONLY EVENT IN TOWN is the Haunted Auction at Circus Circus. Will you be in town Monday night??? If so make sure you come to the Circus Circus on Monday at FIVE PM that is 5pm.

There is NOTHING else to do that night so come on by and see the auction, from my understanding the auction will be inside a ball room at Circus Circus. They say the auction will last about 3 hours or so and they have a TON of animations.

So if you can change those plans and stay another night and see the Auction then come and party with me at the WORLD famous strip clubs! Just kidding!

Larry

bodybagging
02-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Larry this is why we havent secured our booth at TW, if they cant have their crap together at this late date, chances are we will not be vending at TW.

as for the Union yet another clusterfoul, I was told that the Sands expo was not Union goverened and it would not be a hassle unlike the OTHER large EXPO in VEGAS......... BUT THEN AGAIN last year I was told that I would have a HUGE problem with the CHICAGO Show union staff and those guys were AWESOME in my eyes, we pulled in, they came over, asked if we needed a hand with anything, we said NO, they were like cool, If you need anything let us know we will over there playing cards.

Haunted Illinois
02-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Lastly, on MONDAY the ONLY EVENT IN TOWN is the Haunted Auction at Circus Circus. Will you be in town Monday night??? If so make sure you come to the Circus Circus on Monday at FIVE PM that is 5pm.

There is NOTHING else to do that night so come on by and see the auction...

Larry, you're wrong. There is something else going on Monday night. You're forgetting about one important event...

The IAHA Transworld Haunted Attraction Industry Awards Banquet.

When: Monday March 17, 2008. Starts at 5:00pm

Where: Sands Expo Center, Las Vegas, Rooms 206 & 207.

Admission: FREE for all. (All IAHA members get a FREE buffet meal.)

Anyone interested needs to RSVP by March 7th at http://www.iahaweb.com/event_registration.html#banquet

drfrightner
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Adam,

You're right but I am not an IAHA member, and I will never again join IAHA. IAHA in my opinion is managed un-professional. This topic has nothing to do with IAHA or their event, and I've choosen to remove my comments and others about the event. I realize there are supports of IAHA, however few, there are still supporters of IAHA. I do not want to offend any of those people so I will just remove my comments about their event.

Let me leave it at this... I will not attend their event I will attend the auction.

Larry

Frighteners Entertainment
02-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Yep xxxDirk, got to love those Rubies parties.
This will be my 5th year with them.

bodybagging
02-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Alrighty BBE will be at TW booth 5050, nothing like waiting until the last minute to get crap organized. Jason we could have had the booth directly next to you, but our rep recommended against it, saying that everyone requested not to be next to you guys......WTH something about the smell? regardless see you in VEGAS!

TheGallows
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
I know that you all are much smarter than I but......

If what Larry is saying is true then everyone will go to the tradeshows on Sunday and Monday and be gone that night.

But what if we are going to the Seminars.... aren't they going at the same time the tradeshow is going? Is there a lap over that I did not know about? Will all those people going to the seminars miss the excitement in the tradeshow until tuesday? And then we will all hear crickets and snoring as we walk through the tradeshow on tuesday?

I am a newbie to Transworld but it just isn't lining up.

Ryan

screamline studios
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,,,ZZZZZZZZZZ UM WHATS THAT!!!!!

Hey, Ryan
I am sure there will be plenty of action on the show floor, just remember how big this show is!!! thousands of people will still be walking around, however alot of vendors will be chewing on there nails down to the knuckle(that includes me) by the way they are being legally raped, for example 1 chair=$35.00, 1 three foot long table $35.00 or w/ table skirt=$80.00, and a whole lot more, i could go on and on, however on the positive side we are there for the growth of this industry, just like you !! and even with all of my bitching i hope to see you in vegas!!!!!!

Just some random dude,

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

drfrightner
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
There will be plenty of people there on Monday, just not as many as Sunday. Bottom line is this though... the vendors are not going ANYWHERE! So you can join us on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wed.

We'll be there with the lights on!!!! LOL

I think there will be a lot of people there on Monday, and everyone there on Sunday. It doesn't really matter what day you come even if its Tuesday afternoon. The vendors will be there no matter what.

If you own a haunt you have no choice but to come to this show and we look forward to seeing you!

Larry

bodybagging
02-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Jason, where does the line start to get in on that legal Raping of screamline studios........ One of my minions wants in, HE said HE thinks youre PURTY!
Dont worry jason what Happens in VEGAS............. Stays in VEGAS!!!!

jason
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
i'll be attending. actually, it's been a loooong time since i've been to transworld and a few years back since i've ben to vegas. all i have to say is that i'm greatly looking forward to the change. vegas can be fun for all, there are free shows on the strip, warm weather, and much much more. sidenote: does anyone know if you can bring backpacks in?

hamilton
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Not that anybody cares, but I'll be there... with my new partners, Fratelli Studios. We are serious and looking for good stuff. I am saddened that some of you are not coming and I will not get to meet you in person.

Gore Galore
02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I feel a little bad that some people aren't coming to this show. You are really going to miss something. I have spoken to many vendors and it looks like many of us are working extremely hard to make this show as impressive as possible.
There is alot of new and innovative work to be seen at this show this year.
And I know several other vendors have some pretty cool stuff brewing.
Abracadaver's werewolf suit, spookywoodsfx suits, Edge designs has something you don't want to miss. The work coming out of our shop this season is hopefully something you don't want to miss seeing in person. I wish I could say more, but I would rather see your jaw fall off in person. I promise you will see some people jump when they walk past our booth this year.
We are in Booth 8808 and you can look for the Giant Blood Splat in the sky as always.

Ken Spriggs
02-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Well I guess we will all be there.....too smell the place up!!!

Damn only thing is??? No Dream Reapers this year.
I will actually have time to enjoy the show!

screamline studios
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Ken,

Are you staying out of trouble you crazy some bitch???? all us haunted house folks need to keep a good eye on you!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
02-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey Kevin

Does it piss you off even just a little bit that people (our friends) will not attend the show??? Because of finances, The fact is, you have great new products coming out and some people will not see them, granted they will see them at other shows but its never like the first time.. I wish you the best of luck at this show and I hope you kickass to there cheeks fall off!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

drfrightner
02-21-2008, 04:12 AM
I have been selling featured banners for our WORLD FAMOUS haunt directory all WEEK and LAST week... just ask the haunters! LOL

So this gives me the chance to ask people are they coming, how many, etc.

I talked to one guy for example who said he's skipping this year, to another who said he was skipping it but is sending someone to take pictures and look stuff over to another guy who said he's flying out 10 on his staff at a huge cost.

Almost EVERYONE I talked to said they're coming.

Overall what I think you're going to see is most people coming just not with a truck load of people in arm tow... I know the attendance will be down but most of that attendance loss will come from all the extra people the haunts would bring with them. Is that a bad thing? Not at all. The check books will still be there, and if you're a vendor what else do you care about?

Larry

bodybagging
02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Lets hope you are RIGHT Larry!

Gore Galore
02-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks Jason,
But honestly,
I am not worried.
This industry is very cyclical, and it always will be. You will have ups and downs regardless of what you do.
But if you keep pushing to be bigger and better than the year before your customers see it and know you are the vendor to buy from.
They just want to know you will be here to support them and your products.
Even if you don't sell as much as you would like, which I don't think will be a problem in Vegas, if you did your best then that is all that you can expect of yourself.

I take great pride in our work, and I am happy to say so does everyone who works for us. Work is really a joy right now. I get so much out of finishing a piece and wearing it or seeing it in action. And that is what it is about.
Usually, our sales are just an indication of what people think of the work.
If they don't like it, they don't buy it. So, then you change it.
What else can you do.

Ken Spriggs
02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Jason? Why do people have to keep an eye on me?
I promise to behave.....and if i break my promise......They will see me on the news!
Cause when I finally snap.......it is going to be awesome!!!!

No really I made a few promises to be on my best behavior while in Vegas........

Ummm I need to get off this computer.....looks like some lightning cloud just rolled over my office..... :)

screamline studios
03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey Ken, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY and it looks like I owe you a drink!!!

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

spookhaven
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
This is our second year in the business and first year to any Haunt convention. We are very excited to go to Transworld but reading everything in the past few weeks has been somewhat discouraging. We are from PA and what most of you "big guys/haunts" would probably consider a home haunt, we hope to meet up with folks that we can network with from everywhere in the US. We are taking cash and credit along so I think it's all in what you make it. Everyone needs to remember the economy as well could factor into the buyers ability to purchase and being more cautions. Most might not cash and carry with the travel but online orders and after the fact orders might be up this year.

For those of you that haven't been to Vegas, you only sleep 3 hrs and you are ready to go again. It's a place that most large corporations hold their conventions. People don't like change, but we need to give it a chance.

I can't wait to meet all the vendors and hook up with everyone to start our store and network with others in the haunt industry.

That's my two cents from a newby!! This also might help Midwest convention attendance which would be great for them.

screamline studios
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
SPOOKHAVEN,

I would say that most of us haunters are backyard haunters at heart, this is were we all started. And it is our heart and our home!!! Even if you go to the next level you never forget your roots!!!

Just some random dude
Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S make sure you stop buy our booth and say hello it would be our pleasure to meet you!!

bodybagging
03-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Well said Jason, and Heya Spook! stop by and introduce yourself at the booth.....
what Booth you may find yourself asking, WHY booth FIDDYFIDDY of course, no say it withme, three times to commit it to memory...
FIDDYFIDDY FIDDYFIDDY FIDDYFIDDY ahhhh good ole booth 5050 see you in VEGAS!

Ken Spriggs
03-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Your darn right we will have a few Sir Jason!!!!!

Thanks on the bday wishes.....I am 21 again!!!!! YEAHHHHHHH

drfrightner
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday Ken!!!!!!!

Larry

spookhaven
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Screamline/Bodybagging:

I will certainly stop and see you. We are really looking forward to bigger ideas.

See everyone in Vegas!!

Matt Marich
03-08-2008, 08:34 AM
The secret to Ken's eternal youth? Sniffing Sinister Scents of course!

Ken Spriggs
03-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tanks Lar

Matt....don't tell people the secret!

screamline studios
03-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Ken you are in big trouble!! its time to party down, and everyone else see you soon!!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

screamline studios
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Just thought i would bring this post back up for shits and giggles... So with that said, do people finally agree with me THAT VEGAS was a bad move (besides bodybag) it was a good show we did well, however it was missing something and to this day i still cannot put my finger on it!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s maybe it was the lack of haunters???

TheNightMare
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Just thought i would bring this post back up for shits and giggles... So with that said, do people finally agree with me THAT VEGAS was a bad move (besides bodybag) it was a good show we did well, however it was missing something and to this day i still cannot put my finger on it!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s maybe it was the lack of haunters???

Lots of distractions. Never could get anything done while I was there. Chicago is better, my head is always in the game(halloween spirit). I can design and think without all the distractions. Its great. Dont get me wrong Vegas was fun, but I couldn't think and design. :(

screamline studios
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
You are very right NIGHTMARE, you could spend more time gambling than thinking about what you were there for!! however it did open my eye just a little bit more for midwest haunters convention and what they have to offer, after all they are haunters for all haunts kind of convention...

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

drfrightner
04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Tradeshow Update:

I don't want to say much but I can tell you that I have been working with several others to secure the best possible options for this industry. I think something FINALLY is going in the right direction. Something bigger, something better, something more exciting than you could even imagine!

But let me say this I think it's too early to jump to any conclusions because everything will be playing out over the next two or three weeks... give everything a few more weeks then start to panic.

Everyone can make choices for themselves, and once these options finally fall onto the table you can choose to do what you think is best for your business.

I can tell you when you get like minded people together, people who have the same interests, same needs and wants together you can make great things happen. Some people will get on here and say bull like ' you want more power, or so and so is trying to take over the universe, blah, blah, blah... whatever.

No one is trying to take over anything. This industry needs its OWN BUYER SELLER SHOW, with cheaper booth rates, cheaper shipping, cheaper dray age costs, with MORE qualified buyers from more than just the haunt industry. This is what will happen I'm almost positive!

I'm not working on this for my own benefit, I'm working with people on this to GROW both the vendors business, and additionally GROW the haunt industries business by bringing you products and services that you may not have known existed. Additionally more education, and everything between.

NO HORROR MOVIES, NO HEARSE RALLIES, NO MAKE UP WARS, none of that... all of that is fun, great fun but that should be reserved for those who do that best, this needs to simply be a buyers seller show with THE BEST EDUCATION for professional haunted house owners and operators.

Larry

graystone
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Well all I will say is look out this is disturbing! And as far as Vegas yes it was a distraction and I thought and still think Chicago is better. Or here is an idea lets have it in St Louis at Larrys house I am sure he will back this.Shane Graystone

mindtumor
04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
I am all for a buyer-seller show without the distractions. $50.00 entry fee is good idea especially if you are going to get all of the seminars. I believe this will help everyone. If the booth fees and all the costs for vendors are cheaper than Transworld's fees and costs, then we will probably start seeing all kinds of new vendors. I think the idea of our own show in the Late Feb-Early Mar is going to be great for our industry. It will be exciting to see what happens!

BackInBlack137
04-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I also agree that something should be put together. While I still think other shows such as TW, MHC, HauntCon, and EHC, all work to some extent to better the industry, I think that sometime down the road things won't be so pleasant.

-Garry Richwine Jr.

screamline studios
06-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Hearing about st.louis, sin city, chicago, just makes me kind of wonder if transworld is in a way homeless???to break the show apart at this moment is a bad thing!!! why as a vendor do you want a new show when WE have MHC?? and when you add transworlds name to it you think union, and at that point as a vendor you think here we go again another asshole trying to get there fingers in my pie, i am sorry if i sound negetive but after tens of thousands of dollars paying for booths or the $800.00 FEE moving a pallet or two 300ft over and over again you just get sick of it.. what about me or you , i know i could have used a mini vacation with my family, camping with them would be fun, but instead we as vendors pay for it all!!!! fuck this... i am out.

just some asshole

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S i understand that money going out is part of business but were in the mix does it say that you should give people that do nothing a nice chunk of your change so they can pay for people sitting on a towmower most of the time chatting with there friends, as the mexicans do all the shit work (at a reduced rate i am sure). to me this is wrong and will aways be wrong.. So until next time save up those dollars boys and girls i heard through the grape vine that the big wigs at transworld need a new suit...WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR get those deposits in for your booth already.

screamlinestudios
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I think Jason must have sat on a crooked pickle.

Can't say I blame him though, I deal with the Business end of doing these trade shows with Transworld and it is very expensive, but I guess that is why we live in America, if we don't like, we should stop going and go somewhere else or spend our budget on other things, but the fact is as long as there is good attendance and it is the main show you have to take your rape-ings to stay in business.

We're just small fry in this big industry and along for the ride with the hope that someday with hard work we can be successful enough to be the big fish.

Are you in it to win it?

See you all at MHC! My Favorite Convention!

damon carson
06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Were you drinking toast on that Ravin grinn airlines Jim with Dirk? Ha Ha!
Damon

damon carson
06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Jim is it too late for me to submit my story for your e-book I told you it might be Christmas before I got it done! Sorry! If not I will email it to you just tell me what your email is again.
Thanks,
Damon

AnandaHexen
06-05-2008, 06:41 AM
"this needs to simply be a buyers seller show with THE BEST EDUCATION for professional haunted house owners and operators."

And who decides on THE BEST?

I think that is even more difficult than deciding upon elite players for a reality show about haunters.
Just because someone is a "successful" haunter does not mean they will be a successful presenter and provide the information in a way to educate other haunters. If this show is anything like TW, then the seminars are not cheap and I don't think anyone wants to pay that kind of money for a seminar from someone who may make more money haunting, but can't really present the info to help others as well.

I do not argue the point of a buyer/seller show because at the moment, I am neither, but I continue to maintain that if you leave actors and make-up artists out of the equation (seminars, etc) you are leaving out a VERY IMPORTANT part of what makes haunted houses "SUCCESSFUL".

Also, a whole show for PROFESSIONAL haunt owners and operators
Who is defining that particular genre as well?

BruiseMuse
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I am curious how the "Early Show" will play out in January. From the standpoint of a buyer/seller, it is necessary for us to attend a major halloween related tradeshow in order to place orders with a wide varierty of vendors from across the haunt and halloween genre. While I love MHC for all the amazing events, seminars, and contests, it does not fil lthe same void as Transworld. Yes there are some great vendors at MHC, but it doesn't have the non-haunt vendors that TW has (such as Leg Avenue, Pleaser, etc).

I would love to see either TW move to a location other than Vegas, or a new Tradeshow appear that caters more to the buyers and sellers in the industry. While I agree that actors and makeup artists make up a huge part, I feel that they are more catered to by conventions (liek Hauntcon and MHC).