PDA

View Full Version : The "Crowne" of Las Vegas

Tattoo
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello All,

I have heard a lot of people asking where the "Crowne" of Vegas will be or where should we all "set up" to hang and party together?

I was in Vegas several months ago for the TW site survey, and we gave some time to that very question (a request of TW believe it or not)

I think that Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Bar will be a GREAT place to "make our own!"

It is very close to the convention center and a pretty central location on the Las Vegas Strip, it has a cool atmosphere and I think the drinks were reasonable.

http://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com

Maybe a "local" could chime in to help but it's my understanding that locals tend to steer clear of the Strip (I don't blame them)

Their are a bunch of us that already plan on taking the place (Jimmy Buffets) over as "ours", so if you are game thats where we will be!

Hope this helps!

Tattoo

damon carson
01-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Too bad Bobby Boris Pickett doesnt have a bar in Vegas! That would be more appropriate for haunters. And yes I know he is dead! But so is Elvis and Frank Sinatra and they are said to haunt many places in Vegas as well. Scary stuff.
Damon

drfrightner
01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Mike,

The problem with that place is that is PACKED all the time. You can't really just hang out there because its not that big, and its swarmed with people. I was just out there myself and we ate there and it was very very busy.

If you try to get 100 or more haunters to show up all at once its just no way you can get them all in plus the people who are already there.

I think you should ask Rich Strelak to chime in... there must be a good OPEN space at some hotel where everyone can hang out.

The food was pretty good, at that Buffet place, and they make a lot of frozen drinks which I love to death.

But you have to remember a place like that could be packed at any point, if you really want a place of your own you'll need to find a more open space that isn't that popular so you can see haunters everywhere you turn.

Larry

Darkangel
01-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Isn't it enough to be in Vegas and experiencing Transworld there? People will meet up away from the show on their own accord and "party" if they must. It seems like the most disappointing thing to people isn't the travel but the loss
of the Crowne.....

Darkangel

drfrightner
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I think the new 'Crowne' should be the show itself. How about this for a plan...

The minute you get to the show walk the WHOLE Halloween side of things...don't even look at the Haunt section, kinda like a anticpating birthday present. Save it for last! Once you've done the WHOLE entire Halloween section come to the Haunt section and STAY the rest of the show.

If everyone does the Halloween show first, then no one will leave the Haunt section the rest of the time they're on site.

People can chat, talk, whatever they want.

I think there will be empty booths plenty of room to talk and hang out.

Larry

Tater
01-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Tattoo

The prob with the resturant is that it is a resturant and how many people can we fit without causing mass panic to the servers and the managers is there any hotel that wouldnt care if we come and party at there hotel...maybe alil away from the show itself liek the hard rock?

RJ Productions
01-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I've been in touch with Jen at TW and they're trying to cut a deal with a space nearby that can replace the "Crowne". Like Larry said, the restaurant may be a problem because of size and availability.

The Crowne didn't have anyone except us so they kinda let us do as we pleased.
Any bar or restaurant in Vegas will have a lot more customer choices. Any restaurant will prefer to service us, then clear the place for the next wave. A bar would be a better choice because as long as you're drinking your still a customer!

Myself and a few others have reiterated to TW the importance of a Crowne like experience. If their selection doesn't pan out, I'll check things out myself!

While the Crowne was inportant in Chicago its need was based on the lack of other activities. Again, it's Vegas! CHOICES are your only problem here!!

Your Vegas is showing!!

Barry
01-29-2008, 06:14 AM
"While the Crowne was inportant in Chicago its need was based on the lack of other activities. Again, it's Vegas! CHOICES are your only problem here!!"

I will disagree with you Rich. The Crowne was important because people like to socialize at these events. A lot of business was conducted at the Crowne.

I have said all along, people will go to Vegas this year because it is Vegas. My real concern would be for the health of the HauntShow in '09 and later...

xxxdirk
01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Barry, amen to that! It would be SO sad if haunters strolled the sales floor during the day and then at night everyone went their own way. Some of my favorite memories of TW was hanging at the Crowne til 2am just shooting bull and meeting new people. During the day, so many of us are busy going to seminars and buying stuff, there is not a lot of time to chit chat.....
When Mike posted about Margarittaville, I had the same thoughts. How would they feel about 100 or so haunters showing up, and hanging around til 2-3AM, some of those same haunters with their own booze. LOL< I remember someone showing up with a frickin cooler filled with bottles of rum, Jack, brandy. And dont forget the crazy Pirates from Emmerson that had a flask filled with something, and Dan, Faupel with his terrible booze from the orient!! God,. I think we are all gonna miss the Crowne :(