PDA

View Full Version : Who are these guys??? Transworld Vendors

drfrightner
01-29-2008, 02:58 AM
I was looking over the list and there are several vendors I've never heard of...does anyone know these people, what they do, website address anything???

GrossParts.com
21st Century Fine Arts
Clearcut Operations, Inc.
Poison Halloween Props
Silpak, Inc.
Psycho Clan
Efx Teck
Skeleton Store
Studio A Advertising
Johnson Animatronics
Tomb of Darkness

Midwest Display
Skulltronics
Crown Coat LLC
Cam Commerice Solutions
GREX
Optic Nerve Studios
Skeleton Coast

McStevens Food and Beverage
Rover Intl
Glowman
Christmas Source
Stagecraft Inc
Bone Yard Effects
Gyro Haunts
Norther Light FX
Blacklight.com

Some of these seem brand new while others seem like I've heard of them before.

Larry

Nightmaretony
01-29-2008, 03:14 AM
Johnson Animatronics have been around for several years. They make complex full animatronics for FITCO, the local Halloween Club stores. They used to run a haunted house locally. They had booths at Transworld Vegas and Haunt X. They build some fantastic quality into their mechs. Am saving my pennies for a specialized animatronic of my own design and their build, eventually.

They have no internet presence or email, though.

Skeleton Coast is Tyler, I think, various small props. He is up north. I remember him for blood wax, a product I never seen before.

Gyro Haunts methinks would run haunts for the Paramount parks (now Cedarfair).

No idea on the rest.

bodybagging
01-29-2008, 03:35 AM
SkeletonStore is NOW the official distributor for Anatomicalchart, according to their website.

drfrightner
01-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Does anyone have websites for these people? I myself would like to know any of these companies websites, as I'm sure everyone else would like to know. Scout the companies going to the show.

Thanks
Larry

MDKing
01-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Efx-Tek is a really cool company wth great customer service that deals with animation control!

http://www.efx-tek.com/

Allan

boneefx
01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Larry,
I thought you knew who we were! ;) We are a special fx makeup studio open since 1995. We are the creators of Fx Faces prosthetics. We are the crew in charge of Universal Studios (Hollywood) Halloween Horror Nights. This will be our 5th year at TW. Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects www.BoneYardFx.com

scattered screams
01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
www. skulltronix.com the make the talking skull with lighting effects it runs about 1600.

Skinny Dead Dude
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I know of a www.Opticnervefx.com They did the FX for Buffy the Vampire Killer show.
www.johnsonanimatronics.com has not updated their site yet,I use their animations, and I would say they almost over build them. Very durable.
www.silpak.com sells Urathane. I use them alot.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com
new email- Larry@abracadaver.com

Nightmaretony
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
yo Larry, long time! Still wild out here as always. Thanks on the heads up, didnt know the Johnsons had a website going. Thanks there!

Matt Marich
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Larry Optic Nerve is John Vulich, he used to work for Savini and was responsable for Bub in Day of the Dead. He has owned Optic nerve for about 13-14 years. He is amazingly talented and a great guy. I owe alot to him, he got me my first two jobs in the film industry, Creepshow II and Return of the Living Dead II. All the best number 2'ss Ha Ha.

Silpak has been a supplier on the west coast for years to all the Make-up shops in Hollywood.

Gyros makes low end turn key haunts, he had one here in Phoenix two years ago. I assume he is looking to franchise.

Skulltronix was at TW last year next to us and the Silicone Mask guy.

Northern Light has been around for a while also!

Looks like some new stuff to paw over my friend!!!

Matt

SomeThingInTheIce
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I checked out Gyro Haunts on the net, San Jose and Sacramento both have haunts called "Rob Zombie Presents The Devils Play Ground" they maybe low end haunts but that was a large check they wrote to use Rob Zombies name and likeness. I like their website too, cool looking but stright forward and to the point.

Skinny Dead Dude
01-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Tony, I think the site went up last year.
Matt, I thought that might be John's company. I too have worked with John and Savini
many years ago. You think he's coming to the show or is it another Optic Nerve?

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com

Matt Marich
01-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Don't Know for sure but John is one hell of a sculpture and when I first met him he was really into mask making. I ran " Optic Nerve Studios" through the search engines and this is the only one that hit. If not, John needs to speak to a lawyer!!

I hope it is him, I haven't seen him in about 12 years when Everett and him were still partners.

twohlgemuth
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Mid West Displays is the Christmas Light Show partner that the large haunts are using to supply large displays. Great support from Pat from Shocktober fest and Jingelbellfest.

GoryCorey
01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
SkeletonStore is NOW the official distributor for Anatomicalchart, according to their website.

Of the smaller stuff, the skellies will still come direct from Anatomical.

lurker
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Optic Nerve does some great work. I was recently reading about their work on Babylon 5 and Buffy. Some real ground breaking stuff.
I e-mailed them, and they said they would be unveiling a new line at Transworld. I assume it will be prosthetics or masks. In any case I'm sure it is going to be something worth seeing.

TheCareTaker
01-30-2008, 10:05 AM
seems like a good reason to bring transwrold to Vegas new blood that has been around for a long time, now its there turn to bleed.

enjoy the new cmpanies there are quite a few i know of and have use which are CALI based and you woul dbe surprised at the great work they do.

enjoy all

FutureHauntings83
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
www.northernlightfx.com... these guys were the major lighting fx vendor at the show last year. they're based out of illinois.

Blacklight.com
02-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey guys,

I'm Troy with Blacklight.com. This year's Haunt show is our first showing. We've been around since 1997 originally as Backroom Warehouse and in 2003 we changed to Blacklight.com and have been growing leaps and bounds since. We are based out of the Chicago area and weren't ready until this year to show even though the show had been in Chicago for so long.

Obviously, our website is www.blacklight.com and you all can check it out. We have many types of blacklights, blacklight reactives, other lighting, fog machines and more for you guys to consider using in your haunts. We look forward to meeting all of you at the show. In the meantime feel free to contact me with any questions you might have about us. We are really excited to be showing and think we will have a booth of interest for all of you and of course there will be some show specials.

Thanks,

Troy G.
troy@blacklight.com
866-316-7311 toll free

We also have live chat on our site during normal CST business hours. We'd love to hear from you.

RJ Productions
02-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey Larry,

Is Abracadaver showing at TW this year??? Would be nice to see your stuff again!!

Skinny Dead Dude
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks Rich. I'm planning to. I have some new things I will debut at TW.
I'll give you a hint on one, It is over 7' and takes long strides. I'm working
on a new Website that will have more info.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com
Larry@abracadaver.com

ScaryJerry
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
We're a small company that makes high quality props and animatronics. Our first product, the SkullTroniX Talking Skull won the HauntX 2006 award for Best Haunt Product.
Since then we have released:
The Exorcist, a very powerful but simple to use haunt controller.
Torture Cage, real welded steel cages with realistic rusted finish in the perfect size for Bucky skeletons.
Sequencer - a software only product for controlling multiple VSA routines.

New at Transworld will be:
SkeleTron - our animatronic skeleton for the SkullTronX Talking Skull.
Ghost Bust - our 3D projection system
MoCap - Live motion control of the SkullTroniX as well as data capture for VSA.

We contribute heavily to the ScaryU program to train teens how to build and run Haunted Attractions as a business.

SkullTroniX is owned by Jerry Jewell and Kathryn Jewell, Jerry's daughter. Both are disabled and build and market the products for therapy and income. Kat has fibromyalgia and Jerry has Overlap Syndrome, a close relative to Lupus.

Creative work also comes from Mike Fox of Fox Productions and Bryan Davis, a UK software and hardware engineer.

icandrawem2
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
www.northernlightfx.com... these guys were the major lighting fx vendor at the show last year. they're based out of illinois.

actually, they are from Minnesota...and they are an excellent vendor.

Nightmaretony
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
SkullTroniX is owned by Jerry Jewell and Kathryn Jewell, Jerry's daughter. Both are disabled and build and market the products for therapy and income. Kat has fibromyalgia and Jerry has Overlap Syndrome, a close relative to Lupus.

Creative work also comes from Mike Fox of Fox Productions and Bryan Davis, a UK software and hardware engineer.[/QUOTE]

Sirius Software in your past, by any chance?

ScaryJerry
02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, I am the co-founder of the now dead Sirius Software.
Jerry Jewell
916 600-2295

Nightmaretony
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
KEWL. old school Ap2 type, used to write music for a friend's games from a later company called Interplay. (his side projects for the GS, never the main company products)

Remind me to ask for your autograph at the show :)

Skinny Dead Dude
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
ScaryJerry, Is the Ghost Bust like those heads at Disneyland where they are projected to the inside of a vac-u-form heads? Like the Haunted Mansion Bride or Buzzlightyear in what ever ride he's in? Those are great effects, perfect for Haunts.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com
Larry@abracadaver.com

ScaryJerry
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Our 3D projection is not a rear hollow bust. It is a front projection system using some proprietary video imaging and the professional voice and video effects from Mike Fox. The system includes the bust, projector and custom scripts and video made to your needs.

We've used the product for the past two years at the Scary U haunt and the public lives it!

If you remember me from APPLE II days please give me a call.

Scary Jerry
916 600 2295

Skinny Dead Dude
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Very cool. I look foward to seeing it at TW.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com
Larry@abracadaver.com

JonnyMac
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
EFX-TEK has been in the haunt industry about two years as an independent company; prior to that we were a group within Parallax, called Parallax EFX (Note: we are now a wholly-independent company).

We design and manufacture low-cost, high-performance programmable controllers for prop builders, FX engineers, and others involved in small-scale automation. Our simpler controllers are based on the world famous BASIC Stamp microcontroller from Parallax, and our Prop-SX uses the high-speed, high-power SX28 microcontroller for advanced applications.

Our controllers are general purpose, meaning you can buy one controller and turn it into anything you need (within the controller's capabiliites) -- and our customers will vouch that we will be there for you [via phone] 24/7. Our Prop-1 (with 8 I/O points) is very popular for its low cost (less than $40), ease-of-use, and programmability.

On the other end of the control spectrum is the Prop-SX (with 16 I/O points plus dedicated serial). We will shortly release an RS-485 adapter for the Prop-SX that will allow it to become a smart network node and even a custom DMX-512 slave. We have recently done a lot of work with a large entertainment/amusement company that is using the Prop-SX in several applications, from simple on-off control to custom DMX fader controls for high-power LEDs. From their standpoint they have simple inventory: the $100 Prop-SX controller; they load it with whatever application code they need.

In addition to controllers we make accessory devices that are attractive to the haunt industry: things like the RC-4 solid-state relay controller (which is on sale right now), the FC-4 fader controller (designed to help you automate Pepper's effects), the AP-8 (and soon AP-16) audio player, and the DC-16 for expanding outputs.

From our point-of-view, service is key. We beleive we make very high-quality products, but that is meaningless to a customer unless that product is backed up by service. We ship all orders within one business day of receipt, and our phones are never turned off. Yes, I have gotten out of bed at 3 AM during the craziness of the Halloween season to answer the phone. We think our customers are worth that level of service.

Our general web site is: www.efx-tek.com
Our tech support Q&A site is: support.efx-tek.com

We'll see you in Las Vegas.

Jon Williams
EFX-TEK