PDA

View Full Version : Kennywood First Images

drfrightner
02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
As you may know we're working on a dark ride for Kennywood Amusement Park. The main ghoul is named Ghostwood. Here is an image of Ghostwood. Let me know what you think. We'll be installing this ride in April. Its Kenneth Ghostwood... he's the main ghost that will roam the halls of Ghostwood Manor.

Larry

skullman
02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
It looks very nice! Will any ofthe figures in the ride be talking ones or will they all be static props?

Hope you can post more photos as time permits!

~nail in the coffin~
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
looks great! i'm about 45 min from kennywood park. i pretty much grew up at that place. is this a ride for the regular season or for their phantom fright nights?

skullman
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
This ride replaces the Gold Rusher that closed at the end of last season.

drfrightner
02-11-2008, 01:15 AM
The dark ride replaces the Gold Rusher. This is a TWO MILLION dollar ride that Kennywood is doing here. It will feature CGI effects, trackless ride system, targeting game, and lots of special effects. The ride is a Disney style haunted house, which I feel will help put our company over the top of the hump for creating more dark rides down the road.

It will feature a MAJOR facade as well which Kennywood is building, and I think a retail store but I'm not sure.

It really shows Kennywoods committment to dark rides.

As you can see with this image we're trying to capture the Disney style look.

Unit 70 and Scareparts are doing most of the props and animations, however we are buying props from a lot of haunted house industry suppliers.

Larry

KGW952
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Very good...or should I say, very scary!

I'm happy that the park decided to once again go with Halloween Productions.

Mr. Haunt
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
COOOOOL LARRY! Keep up the good work!

Mr. Haunt

Nightgore
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow... I like it! I can't wait to ride this baby when we go to Kennywood this year! YAY! -Tyler

skullman
02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I hear that DAFE (www.dafe.org) will be at Kennywood for the opening of the ride as well as a possible lights-on tour. This would certainly be a good time to join DAFE and get a behind-the-scenes look at this cool ride!!