PDA

View Full Version : Seven Floors of Hell... Yeah that's Right Seven Floors of it!

drfrightner
02-11-2008, 05:43 AM
We just recieved the last and last missing piece to finalize the new Hauntworld Magazine... we're not just featuring ONE haunted house but TWO, no make that Three. 13th Gate is one feature story, the second is on The Asylum and how Rich Strelak builds the Asylum in Vegas. Finally we offer an exclusive interview with Rodney, a man who has built an empire in Cleveland.

I was reading through the answers to our questions and I think you will find them very inspiring and very informational!

This story will be something a lot of haunters can aspire to because here is a guy who didn't have anything and just made it happen!

That is what it takes folks... you start with a dream, and then you overcome all obstacles, let nothing or no one stand in your way and you just make it happen!

All the people who say its too hard, or you can't do this or that because you're still growing just take a read at this article.

You have to GRAB the BULL and RUN!

If you look back even once you just might get the horns in the old tushy!

That is how I do everything I do... I play to win, I go for the Gold, and if they handed out a Platinum I want that too... LOL

This is the story you can really relate to...one of these days I'm going to tell my story because I don't think hardly ANY OF YOU REALLY KNOW ME!

I was reading Matt's posts saying... everyone has to start somewhere well let me tell you like Rodney I started with NOTHING!

I was living in my Grandma spare bedroom at the age of 20, with no car, no money, no help, NOTHING!

Most of you people do NOT know me, know where I came from, what I dealt with in my life, physically abused as a child, no father, my mother was living in another state, the whole works! Everyone who told me I couldn't do something only drove me to prove them WRONG!

I'm glad to bring this story to you! It's really inspiring me to mabye allow someone to tell my story to you all, but most of you don't realize that I have social disorder, I do not like to be around a lot of people, especially people I don't know, this is one of the reason I don't like to go to all these haunt events. I don't like the limelight, I prefer to stay clear of all that stuff. I just like getting on here and inspiring people to do better... I like to push people, prove me wrong!!!

LOL

I love this story on Seven Floors of Hell. If you want to hear my story maybe I'll do it but I really don't want to because I just don't like to talk about myself much.

Ben has been asking... so who knows.

You'll have to tell me what you think of this story and we'll go from there.

I'm proud of you Rodney!!! Great job!

Larry

ihauntu
02-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words Larry,
It was an honer being featured in the magazine and hopefully what I have been thru from start to finish will inspire someone out there. Any one in business or getting into business knows what a strugle it is, but to have nothing at a young age makes it very hard. Just from a young age I set my goals high and said I will never look back, I always wanted the better life. I remember at young age walking down the street and seeing a 100,000.00 dollar sport car go down the road and saying to my self, one day. Now finally that day is here!

Thanks Larry
Rodney
7 Floors of Hell

MDKing
02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm looking forward to reading this article. I myself have found inspiration from several of you out there. I have some time yet before I reach your levels Rodney and Larry. But I'm sure like many of us in the industry have, I too came from nothing and have seen my fair share of struggles. Luckily for me, it is not only my own personal drive that propels me but the unending support of my partner who is my wife, and also good friends.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who work hard and believe enough to make it all happen and do it for themselves, from scratch! That's the real way you are able to sit back and enjoy what you were able to accomplish someday.

Good job,

Allan

lurker
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Larry and Rodney,

One of you should think about going on that tv show on CNBC called The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch. That show just features people that took their dreams and turned them into a successful businesses. It would be great way to promote the industry.
Itís truly amazing what can be accomplished when you are passionate about what you. Everything in life is like that. If ya got the fire in your belly to do it, It will get done no matter what.
That is one of the coolest things about life.

Jim Warfield
02-13-2008, 12:55 AM
When I was trying to figure out how to buy my house with no money at all, a former college administrator/friend finally told me how "smart" people will eventually figure out some way to make the things happen in this life that they really want to do.
Of course add to this the Thomas Edison quote;"Genious is 3 percent inspiration and 97% Persperation!"
Actually I have always sweat ALOT so my tombstone/story would have to give me a higher number on the sweating.
".0001% "Genious" and the rest of him was just a sweaty fool!"
"Where's Jim?"
"I don't know, just follow the puddles."