PDA

View Full Version : What Haunts do you want covered??? HELP!

drfrightner
02-12-2008, 06:27 PM
In this latest issue of Hauntworld Magazine we're covering 13th Gate and 7 Floors of Hell and a major story on how the Asylum was built. What haunted houses do you want to see covered in our next issue after Transworld. We have no picked any haunted house. So speak up!!!

Also what haunts would you like to see featured in our video series? We're doing a new line called 'Hauntworld Presents: Americas Best Haunted Houses'. Our newest video will feature Terror Behind the Walls, Netherworld, The Darkness, Creepyworld, and I have video on something like 10 other haunts which I'm sitting here watching RIGHT NOW as we speak.

IF you had planned to send in footage you better do it quick...

That is all I'm doing tonight is watching vidoes of haunted houses, which was sent me... right now I'm watching Fright Land footage.

Anyway here is a page for the feature on 7 Floors of Hell.

Take care.
Larry

damon carson
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
The House of Shock, The Edge of Hell. The Beast. Those are a few I would like to see featured.
Damon

Jordan24
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
How about DeadAcres/HauntedHoochie, I'd love to see something on them. House of Shock would be cool as well.

gregsalyers
02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I really want to see Ravins Grin....I want to see the fruit of Jims Labor

actiondeath
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I agree with the last two. I wannna see the Hoochie and Raven's Grin.

A follow up on House of Shock, post hurricane, could be cool. They were damaged, weren't they? If it's been done, I must've missed it.

Nightgore
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
DreamReapers, Terror on the Fox, and some amusement park haunts: Universal, Knotts, Kings Island, Busch, etc. Maybe some behind-the-scenes stuff with vendors! I think that would be really cool! -Tyler

Skinny Dead Dude
02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Ravens Grinn and one of those Beast Inflatables and Knotts.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com

Motograter
02-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I vote for Ravens Grinn

scattered screams
02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Terror On The Fox, The Edge Of Hell, The Beast

Scream Shack
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
How about footage of Rocky Points last year???

Speculo
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I would love to learn more about the infamous yet mysterious Beast and the Haunted School House. I haven't been to them yet, however, so I cannot write a story.

I would like to write a story about Dead Acres/Haunted Hoochie, I have been to that show (wild!)

Maybe some stories on haunts with unusual themes, (Lovecraftian for example) Doesn't that Darkwood Manor have such a theme? We often delve into that stuff.

Thanks

Ben Armstrong
NETHERWORLD

lurker
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, our core back-story has some Lovecraftian elements, but every year we do a different story that loosely ties into the core back-story. For example, last year’s theme was “Killcrop: Legends of the Iron Coffins”. We took an old German folk legend of a killcrop, and elaborated on it. Gave it a Darkwood twist. It definitely rang of Lovecraft.
This year however we are planting our tongues in our cheeks and doing a theme based around a signature character, Ed DarkWood. Ed DarkWood is patterned off Ed Wood creator of lots of bad b-movies. Generally the story will be that Ed is a failed filmmaker that inherits DarkWood Manor, and finds a cursed camera that he uses to make 13 B grade horror flicks. The movies come to life inside the walls of DarkWood Manor. Each of our scenes will be based on one of Ed’s bad horror films. Some of Ed’s fictional movie tiles are, “I was a Teenage Cheerleader Zombie” and “Asylum of the Frozen Dead”. Coming up with the bad b movie tiles has been a lot of fun.
Our shows tend to be a little more interactive than other haunts. Our size and location allows us that privilege. Last year groups got a key about a third of the way through and had to hang onto it until they reached the last scene. We haven’t finished fleshing out this year’s action, so I’m not sure if we will have that level of interaction or not. I’m not sure if our story this year will lend itself to something like that or not.
Lovecraftian or not, someone needs to write an article about us. At the risk of sounding immodest, we do a hell of a job on a low budget. I’m so proud of the people that work for me, and I’m so impressed how far we have come in the past 8 years.

James
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Larry--

There is a really great haunt in North Carolina called "The Hollywood Horror Show."

http://www.originalhollywoodhorrorshow.com/

I've been to it twice. The haunt has excellent detail and the make-up is fantastic. I think they are Hollywood make-up/FX artists in the off season.

Hope this helps,

James
Maniac Maze
Virginia Beach

damon carson
02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Ya I forgot Ravens Grinn Jim is way overdue for a feature in Haunt World! I too would like to see the fruits of Jim Labor in an attractive centerfold. LOL! It would look great hanging on my bathroom wall! HA ha Ha!
Damon

actiondeath
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
EWWWWWWW!!!

Hahahaha... When good context goes bad! I could do without the centerfold of Jim's "fruits" please. For the love of god.

scaryguy666
02-14-2008, 10:13 AM
your scaring me man

scaryguy666
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
i would like to see edge of hell and the beast in kansas city featured and maybe something on their two new haunted houses
thanks for your time

gadget-evilusions
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I vote Ravens Grinn Inn as well!

I hope to make it there this year, hopefully.

Empressnightshade
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
A while back, there was a brief and in my opinion, unsatisfying section of Raven's Grinn Inn on one of the Hauntworld videos. It's time a real spotlight shines on his work. Voting for Jim!

I'm also voting for The Beast in KC.

SomeThingInTheIce
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
I have had a "Bad Dream" in a "Can-O-Pea" bed at the Raven's Grinn Inn. So Jim gets my vote! Also "The Beast"

thehangman
02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
The Lab, in Michigan.

Bill Schnell
02-17-2008, 02:25 PM
1. The Beast
2. Terror on the Fox
3. House of Shock
4. Edge of Hell

homiehaunt
02-17-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Burial Chamber Haunted Complex

My Vote!

Jolly Pumpkin
02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I would like to see USS Nightmare, The Dent School House, Dead Acres, The Haunted School House and Laboratory, Raycliff Manor, Erebus, Terror on The Fox, Industrial Nightmare and others covered. I haven't seen any of the videos so I have no clue which haunts have been featured.

badlander2000
02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I really believe that Western New York has always had inadequate industry repesentation. We have only had Fright World on HW 13 in their first year which was a far cry from their current production value. I vote for all the WNY haunts: Fright World
House of Horrors
Dark Raven Manor
Scare at the Fair
Hamburg Hayride and Barns of Doom
Terror in the Trees
Nightmare Hayrides
Becker Farms
any home haunts around here that I dont know
and I would totally send my video from this years Buffalo Badlands for a later HW

ScaryJerry
02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, this is certainly a topic that drew responses. I'm a bit prejudiced but I'd like to see an in-depth story on ScaryU, our non-profit Haunted House School that teaches disadvantaged teens teamwork, leadership and business skills while they build and run a commercial haunted house. Twice we have won the HauntX "Best Haunt" award and we did it on $3K budget in 1600 square feet.

Sorry for the bragging......

Jerry Jewell
Founder, Scary U
916 600-2295

badlander2000
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
This haunted house must be pretty intense, I dont think I could handle it. But I'll just add it to my vote list anyway.

skullman
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I'd love to see a story about House of Horrors in Buffalo, NY, Tim does an outstanding job with his attractions there!!

hauntedhousenut
02-18-2008, 01:18 AM
The Lab in michigan was so cool, the video presentation in the begining had some guy I swear I've seen in a movie before with a lab coat on explaining about a secret lockdown, and after the video they let you in, anyway the haunt was 5 times smaller than the powerful Erebus(which is one of my favorites) but was pound for pound so much better, everything in there flowed perfectly, it reminded me of a cross between the lab in Resident Evil , and the video game(the monster part) Super Metroid, my friend who is a doctor told me that there was more testing equipment in there than he had in gross anatomy while going to med school, the costumes were sweet, you would have swore that an actual swat team was there protecting you, except for at the entrance, there was a guy who had a gas mask on with a big crowbar, he was very disturbing, all in all I rank this haunted house in michigan right up there with Erebus and the Realm of Darkness!

HouseOfHorrors
02-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Larry,

You definately need to do a feature on The House Of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs here in Buffalo. AS far as I know I have the largest Indoor haunted House in the country...located in a permanent 80,000 sq ft facility with roughly 65,000 sq ft plus being haunt. Average time to walk through the haunt not including waiting in line is an hour and a half or more. I probably have more animations than just about any haunt out there...lol.... Pretty much the majority of all the giant scarefactory pieces, etc..... And Badlanders was right... Buffalo has some great Haunts... The House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs as well as Frightworld and Dark Raven Manor. Between the 3 of us the bar is set pretty high for haunted attractions here... we all have great and unique events... so anyone looking to visit some great haunts this season should come out to Buffalo For Sure!!!!

-Tim Bunch
www.thehouseofhorrors.com

damon carson
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Tim I checked out your website and haunt pics ect. You have an amazing haunted house. Several to say the least. Very nice website, who did that for you? The Icon character is very creepy! Is it a brainstorm image? You really should be featured perhaps.
Damon

BackInBlack137
02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey. Being a haunt fan for years, I would love to see some of my favorite haunts checked out. They would be:
1)Goatman Hollow
2)Bates Motel
3)Jason's Woods (Come On, A Guy Can Hope)
Also some others that I have heard about and would like to visit are:
1)House of Shock
2)Headless Horsemen
3)Raven's Grin Inn
4)Netherworld

MDKing
02-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Since BackInBlack137 is mentioning some mid atlantic haunts, ours has to be thrown in there as well. I'm going to shoot lots of footage this year, so we'll see what happens next time around!

I would also like to see Tim's House of Horrors, it looks outstanding!

Allan

drfrightner
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Let me see if I have this straight...

Now keep in mind some of you said so many attractions I only included like the first one or two...

Ravens Grinn 7 Votes

The Beast 6 Votes (already covered)

Dead Acres 3

Jasons Woods 1

Knotts 3 (already covered)

Edge of Hell 3

House of Shock 3 (already covered, but maybe an update)

House of Horror 3

Bates Motel 1

Burial Chamber 1

Terror on the Fox 3

Haunted School House 3

Dreamreapers 1

Hollywood Horror Show 1

The Lab 2

Greystone Manor 1

Atrox Factory 1

Dark Raven Manor 1

Now... pick the top 3 no more no less from this list.

Larry

drfrightner
03-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I will pick mine...

First I will make my own list not from the list above because I never put my two cents in...

1) Netherworld (never covered them as an attraction)

2) Haunted School House (legendary haunt)

3) Edge of Hell (the oldest haunt in America but owner is reclusive so who knows)

4) Bates Motel (who has more flames than this place)

5) Dead Acres (just because this place is sooo original)

How about some off the wall attractions like Boney Island, or Scarehouse in PIttsburgh.

YOU DECIDE... what haunt do you want on the next cover! I'm all ears!

Larry

graystone
03-09-2008, 12:01 AM
I did not see Graystone Manor in Killen Alabama or Atrox Factory in Leeds Alabama whats wrong with us Southern Haunts? Surely where good enough I would think.

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Consider both attractions nominated.

They're both now up for consideration!

Larry

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh... how about Dr. Lady's Haunted Hotel or Castle Blood or a feature story on the whole of Salem, MA.

Larry

scattered screams
03-09-2008, 08:04 AM
No to Dr. Lady, you have him in all your videos. Oh by the way what issue is The Beast in so I can buy it?

Jordan24
03-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Here's my top 3

1) Dead Acres/Haunted Hoochie
2) Netherworld
3) Raven's Grinn Inn

jason
03-09-2008, 09:36 AM
now i know i saw someone post a mention for these two haunts in my area to be considered for review; located in the Cincinnati, OH: USS Nightmare (www.ussnightmare.com) and the Dent Haunted School house (www.frightsite.com)

lurker
03-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Now keep in mind some of you said so many attractions I only included like the first one or two...

Ravens Grinn 7 Votes

Dead Acres 3

Jasons Woods 1

Edge of Hell 3

House of Horror 3

Bates Motel 1

Burial Chamber 1

Terror on the Fox 3

Haunted School House 3

Dreamreapers 1

Hollywood Horror Show 1

The Lab 2

Greystone Manor 1

Atrox Factory 1

Dark Raven Manor 1

Larry

Didn't Ben Armstrong say something about DarkWood Manor? Or was that another non vented paint room dream I had?

actiondeath
03-09-2008, 11:40 AM

Ravens Grinn 7 Votes

Dead Acres 3

Jasons Woods 1

Edge of Hell 3

House of Horror 3

Bates Motel 1

Burial Chamber 1

Terror on the Fox 3

Haunted School House 3

Dreamreapers 1

Hollywood Horror Show 1

The Lab 2

Greystone Manor 1

Atrox Factory 1

Dark Raven Manor 1

Larry

My vote goes to:

Haunted Hoochie - Dead Acres
Raven's Grin Inn
Burial Chamber

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I might have missed one or two... there was a lot of posts you know! LOL

Larry

jason
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM
USS Nightmare
Raven's Grinn Inn
Dead Acres

BackInBlack137
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Larry. Sorry to sound like a pain but you missed one. Goatman Hollow near Washington DC was absolutely mind blowing when I went through. Their storyline was top notch and their actors were great!

Bill Schnell
03-16-2008, 11:24 PM
1. Dead Acres
2. Terror on the Fox
3. House of Shock

drfrightner
03-21-2008, 12:53 AM
We are going to start working on the next Hauntworld Magazine right away.

As you can now see the haunts we feature are put on the FRONT page of the website now.... well atleast HHO until the new Hauntworld comes online.

But this is very valuable to have these stories.

I want YOU to decide who we cover...I listed all the attraction who got a vote now tell me who you want covered based on the list I provided.

I'm going to feature TWO haunted houses NOT one!

What TWO do you want???

Larry

brad
03-21-2008, 02:01 AM
My top 2-
1. Raven's Grin (that place needs to be covered finally)
2. Either Dead Acres (so original) or House of Schock (for a post Katrina update)

drfrightner
03-26-2008, 05:35 AM
Anymore thoughts on this subject. We're going to decide on Monday and run... anymore suggestions?

Larry

graystone
03-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Looks like from what I am reading Ravens Grin is in need of a story. Seems like its well over due. And I sure dont want to stand in the way of someone who is deserving. So with that I shall cast my vote. I would at some point like to see some of the Southern Haunts featured. Even is it contains several of us. Anyway I have had my say.

mindtumor
03-26-2008, 09:31 AM
My vote: Ravens Grin, The Beast, and The Lab

HouseOfHorrors
03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
One more for The House Of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs!

I know..shameless plug!

Check it Out!!!!

www.thehouseofhorrors.com
myspace.com/houseofhorrors

-Tim

SSP
03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Mr. Warfield takes my vote, he has all of my respect.

Millie
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I would love to see Terror on the Fox and Knotts.

HauntedWebby
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Raven's Grin is my first choice. But Jim has been covered before.

After that I'd have to pick my own because we are based off the history of our building. Nothing scarier then the truth :p

Then it would have to be Pirates of Emerson. Like myself Karl started as a home haunter and grew up into a real live haunt (thinking in pinocchio voice).

I don't know ... go with someone that hasn't been featured before.

badlander2000
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I think there should be a DVD devoted completely to the WNY haunts I listed before.

MDKing
03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I vote House of Horrors in Buffalo again, Let's get some new blood on the list. Also, Castle Blood and and Trail of Terror In Connecticut.

Allan

MMManiac
03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
their should be an article of "haunts you never knew exsisted"

haunts that we've all heard about but dont really know much about....

bobgoblin
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Terror on the fox and ravens grin !!!!!

BackInBlack137
03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
My vote goes to Raven's Grin Inn. My other vote goes to either Terror on the Fox or Bates Motel.

drfrightner
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Okay let me ask a question then since everyone wants Ravens Grin Inn, who wants to write it? Anyone know Jim well, been to his attraction, want to dive into the mind of Jim?

I don't want to do a normal piece I want to find out just why Jim is Jim and what makes Ravens Grin Ravens Grin.

Anyone interested in writing that article?

I'm going to cast a vote... Bates Motel. I would like to know more about this event. Keep them coming I'm going to decide within days, then a cover will be made.

Larry

GraveStalker
03-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Okay let me ask a question then since everyone wants Ravens Grin Inn, who wants to write it? Anyone know Jim well, been to his attraction, want to dive into the mind of Jim?

I don't want to do a normal piece I want to find out just why Jim is Jim and what makes Ravens Grin Ravens Grin.

Anyone interested in writing that article?

I'm going to cast a vote... Bates Motel. I would like to know more about this event. Keep them coming I'm going to decide within days, then a cover will be made.

Larry

I agree this assignment will require a creative writer who would be able to capture the essence of a visit. In my opinion, the only way to truly experience this tour is to take it.

Speculo
03-27-2008, 07:36 AM
A couple of cool haunts that we haven't heard a lot about that have caught my attention are.

Darkraven Manor
Darkwood Haunted House
Scarehouse
Chambers of the Masoleum

All of them seem to be doing some really original stuff with make-up, storylines, set work, and or animations.

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Speculo
03-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Another one is that Haunted Vineyard, but it is gone now I think. I went to Haunt X one year to see it but it didn't happen.

Thanks

Ben
NETHERWORLD

lurker
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Inside the mind of Jim? No such periless journey has been recorded since Apocalypse Now. The writer may not return sane. The horror, the horror.

drfrightner
04-01-2008, 01:50 AM
I have chosen at least ONE of your haunts for the next cover. I can't say which one but I will tell you it will shock you to see this haunt reviewed.

Its a haunt you had on your list over and over again, but I can't say which one yet. The second haunt is up for discussion...

One down one to go...

The new cover of the magazine will be out within days!

Larry

RobbeOne
04-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Here is mine...

USS NIGHTMARE

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgNbSXmTJ6I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgNbSXmTJ6I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

hauntedhousenut
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
How could you ask someone to be a guinea pig, jumping into the mind of Jim might be too much of an overload that certainly would spell doom, but if anyone is serious to take on the mighty Warfield, I suggest covering the Cranium area with aluminum foil! ><

badlander2000
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Dark Raven Manor! House of Horrors! Dark Raven Manor! House of Horrors! Dark Raven Manor! House of Horrors! Dark Raven Manor! House of Horrors!

damon carson
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Larry I would be crazy enough to take the assignment of interviewing Jim! LOL! After all I was crazy enough to spend the night alone in his house. Ha. But I feel I could write a very creative & interesting article not to mention laugh your a double ss funny. I would be willing to go up there and take pictures and get all fresh material for the article. If interested email me at frightmaster@hotmail.com
Thats as long as Jim doesnt have any objections. I ribb him enough here on the forum.
Thanks,
Damon