PDA

View Full Version : Casket and Coffin Poll

Mr. Haunt
02-14-2008, 04:27 PM
How many people feel that there is a need for a special casket or coffin maker for Halloween and haunters?

A. YES

B. POSSIBLE

C. NOT SURE

D. NO, THEY ARE TO EASY TO MAKE

Jim Warfield
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
It all depends upon what you are going to use them for.
Just display? Active scare-station for an actor to use as a hiding place?
Better have a reinforced coffin then, really good hinges, strong built.
There used to be quite a few cardboard coffins sold each October.

I might spend $50 to $100 on materials building something and spend countless hours constructing but so what? This is what I like to do.

Mr. Haunt
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Jim for your reply. As a last minute thing I baught the cardboard coffin at Wallmart last year.

But I am looking into building a wood Casket to replace it. I was also looking into selling wood caskets and coffins as a business. I have a great idea for heavy use, such as live actors and such.

It will be much more then some boards screwed together. I hope to get started on mine in a few weeks.

Mr. Haunt

Empressnightshade
02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I put "Not sure" because my own answer wasn't up there. That would be, "No, because they are easy to locate and buy already."

Mr. Haunt
02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Ah yes they are out there if you want to spend the $200-$800 for some over priced basic wood box. I would be doing a lot of detale and reinforcement of the sides and bottom.

I have been looking at differnat sites and all. I did not like the ones I found, and I felt that the ones I will do will be of better looks and quality. I just am not impressed with the ones I found, or at least the ones for the high price they charged. I will be building for Halloween use only. I would not say "buy my coffins and caskets to use them for what they are intended for".

I feel once I sell a few, I will be building other Halloween products to sell. A new haunter has to start from the bottom and work their way up. I feel that this will be my best way of reaching my goal of owning my own haunt.

Mr. Haunt

Jim Warfield
02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
I have an upright coffin that has an old sign on the door, it says something like:"All boots must be worn in the hog confinement area-County Health Dept."
There were already numerous rusty bullet holes through the sign. I drilled a few holes through the wooden coffin lid , they aline with the old sign's bullet holes so before they would swing the door open these peek holes give the person inside needed information so hopefully they don't, possibly end up smacking someone with it.

MDKing
02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
If you can make some aged, more authentic coffins that might go over well. Many people can make or buy them but rarely do they look right for the theme. Some really cool, aged gothic looking toe pincher coffins right out of Nosferatu sound really cool. I'd be interested!

Allan

Empressnightshade
02-15-2008, 09:01 AM
A new haunter has to start from the bottom and work their way up. I feel that this will be my best way of reaching my goal of owning my own haunt.

Mr. Haunt
Then go for it, Honey! Do what you feel you need to do to reach your goal and don't let anyone stop you. :)

Mr. Haunt
02-15-2008, 12:02 PM
For the aged coffin topic, I think I have some idea's. Not sure how they would turn out, but thats part of the business. Trial and error!

Mr. Haunt

Empressnightshade
02-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes it is, Dahlin'. That's for sure!