PDA

View Full Version : Spiderwick Chronicles

drfrightner
02-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Took my kids to see this movie... I'd have to say it was pretty good. If you want to compare a movie like this to something like Narnia (which sucked) this movie wins hands down. It was a very fun movie, that I think even adults would like. There is a really scary troll in the movie, which is slightly scary but overall my kids loved this movie.

I give it two skulls up! LOL

Larry

Jim Warfield
02-17-2008, 08:07 AM
("There was a scary troll in the movie!")
Was he sitting next to you, infront or behind you? Sitting behind you would have been So Scary that I would have left!
Was he wearing "Gang" colors or anything?
Don't tell me, was he picking his toes?
You can usually tell their car, they are the ones pulling a small boat on a trailer , check and make sure the boat has a "Trolling" motor hanging on it, HE was a Troll!

TheCareTaker
02-17-2008, 08:09 AM
to my kids too and they actualy all enjoyed it, i thought it ok but loved the set and theme design as well as some of the creatures

FutureHauntings83
02-17-2008, 02:17 PM
i thought it was pretty descent as well. the house had a nice touch to it as it aged. the only thing i was bummed with was seeing the main creature[who i could swear was nick nolte in human form lol] he look a little funny .

steve o.

stafford
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Took my son tonight, we enjoyed it, may be a bit scary for young ones (who don't have a parent in the haunting biz!). Yes, that was Nick Nolte by the way! And also Andrew McCarthy (who seems to be showing up lately), blast from the past. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.

Chris

Jonathan
02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I saw the film as well. It was very entertaining and it flowed very well from start to finish. I think it is better than Narnia as well Larry esp. since the story seemed to pick up a bit faster and kept people who have never read the books entertained where as Narnia relied alot on peoples knowledge of the books.

Overall great film, entertaining for adults and kids.