PDA

View Full Version : Memorial for a friend

KroneDaddy
02-17-2008, 02:00 PM
The first year Krone House opened, we were on a shoestring budget, didn't have enough actors, and were behind getting open. A friend of my Mom's in his late 70's came down and helped out. His name was Robert Roy. we called him Rob Roy like the Scottish hero.

He helped us finish building, helped clean up, did crowd control, acted in scenes, and helped pack up and clean up. I could not have opened without him. His wife even came down and helped in the ticket booth. This was in 2000.

Rob Roy passed away yesterday. He had health problems for the last few years. I will miss him and fondly remember the goofy things he did to keep us laughing when all looked bleak.

He had never done anything like a haunted house before. He fell into it like a pro. Please take just a second of silence for Rob Roy.

Thank you,

Tim Harkleroad
KroneDaddy

Barry
02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Tim,
Sometimes we don't realize how much people mean to us until they are gone. Thanks for sharing. :)
Barry

Motograter
02-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your lose.

SpFXChic
02-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Tim, I'm sorry for your loss. Rob Roy definitely sounded like one of the good folks that come into your life and really leave a big imprint.

Thoughts and prayers.

xxxdirk
02-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry for you and your haunt familys loss. IF he enjoyed haunting as much as it sounds, I am sure he will stop by from time to time to see what you guys are up to.....

damon carson
02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Tim. That would be a difficult thing to deal with losing someone that valuable who helped you with what you loved. Take care.
Damon

virgil
02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Friends are diamonds...and diamonds are forever.

Thanks for sharing.

Thoughts and prayers dispatched for you and yours.

screamline studios
02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Sometimes life just sucks!!! and the moments that you shared with your friend just seems like it was never enough, like you could have done just a couple more things together that would bring more laughs, more tear, and most of all, just a hole lot more memories i feel for you, and i am sorry.

Just some random dude
Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Midnight Syndicate
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Hello Tim,

I was just coming on to post something tonight and saw your post. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. People like that are hard to come by and when they do they leave their mark. Hope you have a good 2008 season for Rob Roy.

Ed
Midnight Syndicate

MDKing
02-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Sorry for your loss Tim, he sounded like a great person!

Allan