PDA

View Full Version : Light effect

RJ Productions
02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
I looking for a specific lighting effect that would probably have other applications.

I need to replicate a flash photographer. While I could just get a regular photo flash, I was looking at modifying a strobe light so that when triggered it gives just ONE flash.

If using a modified strobe it could be used in other haunt locations, like just before entering a dark area or black maze to dilate their eyes and add to the confusion.

I figured it would work much longer than a regular camera flash (one evening of normal strobe use is thousands of flashes) and it is more energy efficient than flashing a huge incandescent light.

Barry
02-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Well, a normal strobe could be easily modified to give just one flash using something like a Prop-1 from Efx-Tk. The problem that I see is that I don't think a single flash from a strobe would be enough light to take away the guest's night vision.

gadget-evilusions
02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
You wouldn't need to modify a storbe. You can buy ones made american dj or vei that are triggerable with the correct voltage and a 1/4" mono cable. It's how I time strobes to match the firing pattern of my air cannons.

imax
02-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Any DMX controllable strobe light can do the "one flash" thing as well.

of course, an easy route would be to go to a pawn shop, find an old flash that fits in a shoe (a camera shoe, not an adidas), solder on a few wires and you are good to go. Those older flashes usually had a 1/8" cable that would trigger the flash when shorted.

-- I

kpolley
02-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Creative Visions sells a product they call a "Burst Light". It does what you're talking about. The web site is http://www.hauntvisions.com/APfxBurstLight.html and they have a litle video so you can see how it works. Hope that helps.