PDA

View Full Version : Ben Chapman Passes Away...

Jonathan
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Remember the Classic Universal Monsters and One of the being the Creature From the Black Lagoon! Ben Chapman who played the Famous Gil-Man on Land has passed this morning. Yet another Horror Movie Legend has been lost. He was a wonderful guest and friend to Rotting Flesh Radio and fans adored him at many Horror Conventions

There is currently a remake of the classic film in production and now the Original Gil-Man will not be around to see it completed.

So let's pause, take a moment, bow our heads, and stand by the lagoon for a moment for Ben.

Ben, you will be missed.

damon carson
02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
He definately was one of the great monsters! I always loved the Creature from the Blacklagoon.
Damon

neffuri27
02-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Ben Chapman was a class act! I remember meeting Ben and his son years ago at
a horror convention and he was so kind and sweet and a very tall man also.
His son was very sweet as well.
Its very sad that he has passed but he will be remembered always!

Warren Vanderdark
02-21-2008, 12:17 PM
I had the good fortune to meet him a few years ago at WonderFest here in Louisville. A kind, good natured gentleman who always took a moment to chat with each fan he signed autographs for. Rest in peace, Mr. Chapman...

drfrightner
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Ben liked to sign his contract from Universal Studios at tradeshows. I have one. Hopefully he's swimming in the clouds in a green rubber Creature suit!

Larry