PDA

View Full Version : Going to work!

Mr. Haunt
02-23-2008, 09:05 PM
I picked up my lumber for my coffin today. I hope to have a good portion of it done Monday and I hope to have some pictures posted as well.

I might start on it tonight.

Mr. Haunt

Jim Warfield
02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
We all start on our coffins everyday, a littler bit here and a little bit there, eventually it is filled as all of our body is dead!
...and you thought that you were just "starting" tonight!?

Empressnightshade
02-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Good Luck, Mr. Haunt! Can't wait to see what you produce. :)

Mr. Haunt
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Well I got the bottom and one side put together. I hope to get the rest done in the next day or so. My hands are a little raw from puting in screws. I know, I know, why am I doing them by hand? Cause I don't have a speed controled drill, thats why. So I have to do what I have to do.

Mr. Haunt

Jim Warfield
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Sometimes just a few often "cheap" little tools make a job alot easier.
12 volt battery drills were selling for only $24.00 recently.
They came with everything needed even drill bits in a carrying case.

Mr. Haunt
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like one heck of a deal Jim, But it's not in my budget....LOL! Putting the scews in by hand lets me say that the "coffin is hands made".........LOL!

Anyway for the record, this coffin is not going to be my best piece of art work. This coffin is my first of many I hope, but it is a trial and error thing so it's not going to be that great. I do have plans on building a wood casket that I plan on being better then what you can buy on the market to day, that is for real use of course............................ OK maybe a bit over board on that last comment, but it is going to be of very HIGH QUALITY and will have a lot of DETALE.

I know that not every haunter is looking for detale, but more of the old used look. I believe that those goals are easy to reach...........You just have to think outside the box! I have some cool ideas, but like I have said, I have no personal use for 4 or more coffins and caskets. So I don't want to build all of these things and know one buys anything, even though am sure I could sell them on EBAY.

Ideas ideas ideas....................................So many ideas.

Mr. Haunt.......................I know I kinda got caried away with all of the............................................... .................................................. ..... But it just teh type of day I had at work.

Jim Warfield
02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
"Ideas", ideas",Ideas!" Yes!
Now hook-up that conncting link that runs from the brain to the hands and ..begin.......

Mr. Haunt
02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh why can't these things come with spell check? Hey, I was typing while I was trying to cook dinner. I did end up burning the first thing I made......hahahahahahahahahahahah. So I had to start over and make some new food.

More progress on the coffin tonight. Just got done with the bottom piece. I got most of the "long" sides done, I just have to cut the angles so that the other side pieces fit together nice and neet.

I will post some pictures soon, so stay tuned to your local news station!

Mr. Haunt

Mr. Haunt
02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Gosh darn I did it again, this time I was not cooking! LOL

Mr. Haunt

Jim Warfield
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
With all the work you are doing on your first coffin , you should just "tack" them together and then you can disassemble it to use it as a pattern for the remaining ones.
Am I too late with this idea?

Mr. Haunt
02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Yep, sorry Jim but you are. I am using 1x4 for my first coffin. I have learned some with the use of 1x4. But like I said "trial & error," It looks pretty good though.

When I build my casket, I will use 1x12 as my sides and bottoms. I know that most if not all sample diagrams on how to build caskets and coffins, say to use larger pieces of wood.

Mr. Haunt