PDA

View Full Version : Radio Advertising

Grim Ghost
02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I was wondering what everybody's opinion is on advertising on terrestrial radio? Because of satellite radio, internet radio and itunes it just doesn't seem that terrestrial radio is as popular anymore and could possibly be a waste of money because it's so expensive. I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's opinions.

badass
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
radio is on the way out...probably depends alittle on demographics...the lower class and older generation still listen..here i see the oldies station is rising in the arbitron ratings...not because more are listening to it..but because less people listen to the other genres...internet is where its at...these kids today talk to me on my space and face book...while they are in class...good luck

drfrightner
02-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Good question...

The fact is Radio is STILL the most effective and cheapest way for ANY haunted house to promote. Is it losing its audience? Yes it is... its losing audience to everything from IPODS, which is probably the #1 enemy, to just the net in general. Cell phones are not MP3 players...

Radio back in the early 90's has very powerfull but today not as much. I forsee Radio staying on top #1 way for haunts to market for atleast the next 5 to 10 years. Slowly and not just for our industry but for every industry, internet marketing will become king.

Radio is effected the most because they do not offer original content, they're playing the same music you can get anywhere. Television will always be strong because you can only watch Lost on ONE network, you can only watch Cathouse the Series (LOL) on HBO, you can only watch the Simpsons on FOX, and the list goes on. TV creates ORIGINAL content, so they will always be strong. Radio does not create original content unless its talk radio, and no haunts is interested in talk radio.

My Radio budget is shrinking and adding more and more internet marketing, and trying to market where my customers hangout. Its hard though for our industry because you can't advertise on national websites, its very difficult.

This is a subject that will be discussed on and off for the next 2 or 3 years in our industry. Keep a close eye on this subject.

Larry

MDKing
02-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Cathouse the series?? Is this a cartoon? Haven't had HBO in years!

Allan