PDA

View Full Version : SpookywoodsFX.com - Transworld Product Preview

twohlgemuth
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi Haunters,

After five months of work our first Full Body Creature Skin is fresh out of the grave! With only 20 days to Transworld we are now making one per day to meet our goal.

www.spookywoodsFX.com (http://www.spookywoodsFX.com)

We are bringing a stock of these Full Body Skins to Vegas, so if you want one let us know the list is filling up quick!

Let me know what you guys think. See the two YouTube Videos at the bottom of this post.

http://spookywoodsfx.com/suit_project/Mummy%201.JPG

http://spookywoodsfx.com/suit_project/SANY0065HW.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_gi-QZyFV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPg-7WReg1E

http://www.youtube.com/v/MJ39GW3tGZo

http://www.youtube.com/v/j9G7rKrJ0zQ (http://www.youtube.com/v/j9G7rKrJ0zQ&rel=1)

Jordan24
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, those look awsome.

bodybagging
02-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Interesting concept looks good Tony, I even like the Creatureskin name.... look forward to seeing them at TW! keep up the good work!

twohlgemuth
02-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the comments Body Bagging, coming from you that means a lot!

Skinny Dead Dude
02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Very nice, they move really well. Good job.

Larry C.
www.abracadaver.com

Matt Marich
02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Beautiful! Very well executed! They remind me of Rick Baker's awesome zombies from the Haunted Mansion Movie!

Frighteners Entertainment
02-24-2008, 06:22 PM
This will be the 1st I've seen anything like this.
Very creative. I see many purchases in your future.

screamline studios
02-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I personally love the skull head!!! GOOD JOB!!

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

twohlgemuth
02-24-2008, 07:10 PM
To have well known vendors like Scream Line and Body Bagging make positive comments means we are the right track. I'm so excited to see this new venture get off the ground. Thanks guys!

screamline studios
02-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Glad to have you aboard tony, keep up the good work!!!!! and keep us updated with all your new products..

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Gore Galore
02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Looks very nice Tony.
And I also like how you are trying to start your business.
You know the old cliche. Slow and steady wins the race.

twohlgemuth
02-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Kevin,

My main goal is to employ my artist through the off season. If we sell what we bring to Vegas we break even. If we sell more then I will focus on more products.

Thanks for your support!

drfrightner
02-25-2008, 03:24 AM
j9G7rKrJ0zQ

drfrightner
02-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Will someone make a video for youtube on how to add youtube videos to your post??? That would be great!

As for the costume that look awesome Tony. Are you only going to have one costume style this year, and how much per costume?

Thanks
Larry

twohlgemuth
02-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Larry,

What you have to understand is that this is a Creature Skin only. The haunt owner can Theme this suit to fit their own haunt. This one Skin can be made to look like a Prisner, Cowboy, Contruction Worker, Bride, Groom, Janitor, or standard Zombie or what ever you come up with. Each skin will have its variations, like hair, color, and flesh in areas. This is all hand made, so it is easy to make them all a little different.

We will be offering to theme the suits as well as an upgrade for those owners that want us to do that.

We are also making a Mummy Skin just for you Larry! I already have sold 5 skins since I posted here yesterday!

The price is $1395.00 before the TW show and $1695 after the Transworld.

There is a volume discount of $100 off after the first suit.

SpookywoodsFX.com
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Glad you guys like it, thanks for the comments.
Just a note: The clothing on this suit was done REALLY quick. Just something to put over the skin. It's not a reflection of what we may do to theme these in the future.

boddybagging, "zombie skins" is not the name of the product, just a general description for a lack of a proper name at this time. I know you have your "Zombie Skinz" product, and I (as you, I'm sure) don't want any confusion.

One of the great things about these skins is how easily you can make these fit your attraction. Takes about 4 minutes to put on, start to finish, then it's just a matter of putting on whatever costume your actor will wear. It really is just that simple. The head has a full range of motion without any conflict with the neck (as you can see in the videos).
Hope you all enjoy and your feedback is much appreciated!

BackInBlack137
02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
The suits look awesome. The product will be a nice change of pace for us makeup people who sometimes have to look for actor's costumes. How many pieces are in a set? The product looks great by the way! Can't wait to see it in Vegas!:p

SpookywoodsFX.com
02-25-2008, 09:32 PM
The suits look awesome. The product will be a nice change of pace for us makeup people who sometimes have to look for actor's costumes. How many pieces are in a set? The product looks great by the way! Can't wait to see it in Vegas!:p

The skin consists of 1 mask, 1 black hood to go under the mask, both left and right gloves and the full body suit...
There is a zipper on the back and one in the crotch for easy access, both are double reinforced. We had the suits specially designed (size, zipper, neck and reinforcement) from one of the leading body suit manufacturers.
You'll still need to get the actor a costume but you can at least check one off your list for the make up chair! I know the feeling :rolleyes:

TheNightMare
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks Awesome, can't wait to see at the show

drfrightner
02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Tony told me today he's going to do a second suit... a MUMMY!

I can't wait! I can say with honestly we'll probably order four of each suit if not more. I was wondering Tony, would you sell the suits themselves cheaper without the mask because then you could but suits and we could pair them with other masks we might already have. Larry

twohlgemuth
02-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Larry,

Just wait until you see the mask with hair and rotted flesh added. We were rushing to get photos up for people to see the product.

I'm totally blown away that from posting here on Haunt World I have gotten over 23 orders in less than 48 hours of posting the photos!

We are also making a Mummy skin that will not require any added themeing. These skins will cost more due the amount of extra work. We are bringing a Mummy skin to Vegas for all to see.

I really appreciate all the comments and support from the haunt community.

I have to say this project has already exceeded my goals and this will make Vegas even more fun for our team.

drfrightner
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Tony,

I like your mask, but I was thinking if people just bought the suits, and have you do different color suits you could get more mileage out of them.. in other words buy multiple suits and by using different color cloths on them and a different mask a haunt might already have you can use them for more actors, even in the same rooms.

I know you guys won't have time to sculpt 10 million heads but those suits can be used for tons of different masks.

Larry

twohlgemuth
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
The mask is not attached to the body suit, so if you want to use another mask you could. We plan on making other style masks and even one in silicon. The options are really wide open. We are only selling the complete suit right now, but as our business grows I'm sure we will learn what people want.

Thanks for all your input!

drfrightner
02-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Silicone masks now that would be cool!!!

So when are you going to have some shots of the Mummy costume? I on pins and needles.

Larry

twohlgemuth
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
The Mummy Skin suit should be ready by next week. The Mummy Skin will not require any added clothing since the entire suit will be wrapped.

Due to the extra amount of labor these Mummy suits are priced higher. We also have another full body costume that is going to be the first of its kind seen at Transworld, but I'm keeping that one a secret. LOL

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
d7-dH1VeBRE

twohlgemuth
03-08-2008, 07:16 AM
You can see these suits in action at the Haunt Tour in Vegas!

Get your tickets before they sell out!

twohlgemuth
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
New Product Announcement:

Full Body Dot Suits and Black Out Flame Retardant material to cover your haunt walls with UV Dots. This idea has been around for years, but now you can purchase the suits and material again from SpookywoodsFX. Certificate of flame retardant properties included.

Full Body Ivy Suits - turn your actor into a hidden scare instantly.

Shadow Man Suits - Black or White square suits that hides your actor up against a wall with painted black or white squares.

See these at booth 8616 in Vegas!

twohlgemuth
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
kPg-7WReg1E

Come see these at Booth 8820 the weekend!

http://spookywoodsfx.com/suit_project/Mummy%201.JPG

twohlgemuth
03-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Here is our latest suit to hit the haunt market!

vc2n5Ig5VTc

9dSBeWcLQ7I

It takes about 30 hours of hand sewing to create this monster! If you want one let me know we are taking first come first serve. The price of the suit is $995. You can email me at Tony @ SpookywoodsFX.com and I will contact you as soon as possible. We are currently at Transworld, but we do have internet access at the booth.

Imagine the reaction at your ticket booth before your guests even purchase a ticket with this bush turning into a real monster! Sorry about the poor video, it was from a cell phone.

HauntVentFX
03-15-2008, 08:05 PM
If this is your first venture in manufacturing costumes, etc., for the haunt industry, I can't wait to see what you might come up with in the future.

When I purchase high end costumes, props, etc., I always look at the overall quality of the work involved. Your costumes appear to be some of the best on the market. Well done!

elswarro
03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
thank god they are next to us at TW! maybe we'll get some business! ha! ha!

twohlgemuth
03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
If this is your first venture in manufacturing costumes, etc., for the haunt industry, I can't wait to see what you might come up with in the future.

When I purchase high end costumes, props, etc., I always look at the overall quality of the work involved. Your costumes appear to be some of the best on the market. Well done!

Hi HauntVentFX,

Yes, this is our first time doing anything for the Haunt Industry. The idea was for me to employ my talented staff year round and offer other haunters some of the amazing products my guys make. My goal was to sell 21 Creature Suits to break even on my investment in the off season. I have been caught by surprise to get over 40 orders before we even got to Vegas!

Even tough it is our first year as a vendor it is my 23 season running our haunted attraction. I'm excited to see what Sunday brings us in orders. This idea as an off season project is looking more like a year round business venture.

We have lots of ideas that we are excited to bring to market. The Ivy Man was just an idea two weeks ago and we made a proto type for Vegas. In just 24 hours we got 10 orders once the YouTube video was passed around. This suit is made with flame retardant ivy with a certificate, so not only is it cool but also safe.

Thanks for kind words!

twohlgemuth
03-16-2008, 11:21 PM
XKbZ8_ZuBQo