PDA

View Full Version : Educational DVD's

Jordan24
02-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm looking for some educational haunt DVD's. Does anyone have any recomendations as to which ones were of most help? It really doesn't matter what subjet they on, makeup, design, detailing, or whatever. Anything that might provide some good information.

Thanks

Nightmaretony
02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
creature crates used to have a great one on haunted house acting.

the JBCorn DVD is available here and there and is free. If you are an IAHA member, t will be coming your way this year.

There is also an excellent pneumatics video from Hacker House.

screamline studios
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Jordan24,

I would say as far as make-up dvd's go you have two options, Shutter productions HAUNTING MAKE-UP vol.1 "which is major kick ass" or the brand spanking new BODYBAG dvd called "XTREME HAUNT FX" Which i am sure will become a must have for years to come!!! I personally would suggest both!!

Just some random dude
Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s Both of these companys do what they do out of pure love, and not just because of the all mighty dollar!!

geoffgbeck
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey, in regards to your question about educational DVDs I wanted to mention the following DVDs. HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE which has over three hours of makeup demos including 13 makeup jobs, as well other insights including costume detailing, advice for beginners, and teeth making. The makeup demos include grease paint blending techniques, soft sculpting using latex and cotton, airbrush techniques, using gelitan in makeup, and prosthetic appliance sculting and application. It has proven very helpful to many different haunted attractions including Terror Park, Netherworld, Darkwood Manor, Haunted Hydro, and many others. I'm not just saying this because I am the producer/creator either. Check out an earlier thread here on hauntworld around a year ago originally posting in late february 2007 and hear what customers who bought it at Transworld had to say. Also, there is a brand new makeup DVD coming out in march 2008 by Bodybag Entertainment called Xtreme Haunt FX with more awesome makeups! HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE can be purchased through the website www.screamlinestudios.com. The important thing is to get your hands on as many resources as you can to learn and be inspired, and to practice, practice, practice!

Geoff Beck
Makeup Artist/Actor

P.s. Hey, it appears while I was writing this post, my good friend Jason Blaszczak coincidentally gave you some suggestions as well, and look what they were! (LOL). I swear, I did not pay him to say that! And by the way, Jason was a makeup artist on makeup jobs he did for both DVDs, and he is a great makeup artist, designer, and set builder, and a well respected member of the haunted attraction industry. The documentary PLAYING WITH FEAR is a very inspirational DVD that has interviews with some prominent haunted attraction actors, as well a second disc of all makeup demos! Oh yeh, and Jason is in that too! (LOL).

screamline studios
02-28-2008, 10:35 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! and holly shit!!!!!
Geoff Beck gave me a compliment,haha just kidding geoff, thank you so very much for all you do! not just for screamline, but the industry and trying to keep it together...

Jason Blaszczak
SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Tater
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Jason see the below post to have alil fun at the show about Bodybaggin is new product ideas

bodybagging
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey Guys thanx for the mentions...... And heres the official cover for said XTREME HAUNT FX DVD..... we tried to get 500 with a scantily clad female on the front BUT the wouldnt allow us to break the order into halfsies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/anewcover.jpg
and you can purchase this BadBoy of Haunt DVDs at www.BodyBagging.com in the store!

Killer Katie
02-29-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought I would drop in here and throw Evilusions into the mix. We have two make up dvds - geared towards beginner learners and quick "you need to get in your scene NOW" type make up jobs. Being the make up artist on the majority of both, I can say there is a lot of good techniques and info in them. I've seen Geoff Becks and there's a lot of talented artists there too, and it looks like Bodybagging has talent as well! (get ready... inserting my own horn toot here.. lol) I came in second place with a partner in the make up contest at transworld in 2007 - I lost to Bodybagging by the way :) and was second place at MHC, so I too have talent. You have a lot of choices to make, and with the dvd's listed already, you can't go wrong!

Killer Katie
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't make a dime on the DVD's, I love teaching people what I've learned over the years! :)

Twisted Dementia
02-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I heard that Jason is a talented makeup artist extrodinare and a all around good guy? I think someone makes mention of it on the bodybagging DVD among others things, HE HE HA HA!!!

Jordan24
02-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like there's alot of good make-up DVD's out ther, I'm going to order a few of them tonight. Anyone know of any good ones on scene design and detailing?
The 'XTreme Haunt FX' cover look great by the way.

Nightmaretony
02-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Scene design and detailing. The Kevin McCurdy DVDs are excellent.

bodybagging
03-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Also the BadBoys Styrofom masonary dvd is a must have,

Killer Katie
03-02-2008, 09:43 AM
When you think of all the knowledge out there, especially the concentrated knowledge on this site, I think the average person's head would explode.
(Wow - I sound like a kiss ass... LOL)

bodybagging
03-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Tsk tsk Katie, you just dont know what you missed out on! youll be sowwy that you didnt make the time kiddo!

Night Stalker
03-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I personally have learned a ton from all the Hauntworld videos. The tips as well as the other haunt tours are priceless.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Scene design and detailing. The Kevin McCurdy DVDs are excellent.

I just got these and can not wait to try out the stone wall painting, lots of detailing tips in these dvds.

Killer Katie
03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Rob... opportunity finally decided to start knocking, and here I am popping out a little one and wiping peas outta my hair. I need cosmic alignment!!!! :) Will you still consider me for the next one???
I'll be your best frieeeeeeend.... LOL

bodybagging
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Lol Great First Post Nightstalker!!!!!!!!!!

Night Stalker
03-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks body bag. hardly new here though been on this board off and on for over 7 years just changed logo and nick..lol.

Mr Nightmarez
03-04-2008, 06:27 AM
When do the videos ship!?! BodyBaggin!

I ordered a few weeks ago and have yet to receive them?!

bodybagging
03-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Nightmarez read the Preorder info, the official release date is March 16th,2008 at the transworld exhibit show, those that took advantage of the preorder deal recieved their copy for nearly 50% off and will recieve their copy prior to the release date but not to prior. for fear of competing with our own DVD under a Chinese label at TW. They have not shipped yet. they will most likely ship next week. prior to the show. If you misunderstood the preorder offer and would like a refund, I will be glad to issue one.

Mr Nightmarez
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
No, No...

Just yanking your chain! I'll drop by the booth at TW! Looking forward to them!

I read it but slept since then and could not remember the dates... :) All is good!

Nightmaretony
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Boddybaggin, can you repost the info on your DVD? I searched back but couldn't find. Perspiring minds would like to know, thanks

Mr Nightmarez
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
www.bodybagging.com
Go to Sales then Misc. and it is there!

Nightmaretony
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Bleah. Will try at home, I get a huge white box and nothing. Using Firefox.

bodybagging
03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok we are currently awaiting our DVDs to arrive from the replication house,as soon as they arrive they will be mailed out, I originally was shooting for a late feb. Early march send out date, but here we are and we still havent recieved them in our hands correctly yet. we should have them within a few days,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/bodybagging/anewcover.jpg

Nightmaretony
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok, useful. Will try and order tonight. If I can't get website going at home, will shoot you an email, pick up at show....

bodybagging
03-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Thanx Tony, look forward to seeing you in VEgas!

lurker
03-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I love resurrecting a dead thread....

I thought I would drop in here and throw Evilusions into the mix. We have two make up dvds - geared towards beginner learners and quick "you need to get in your scene NOW" type make up jobs. Being the make up artist on the majority of both, I can say there is a lot of good techniques and info in them. I've seen Geoff Becks and there's a lot of talented artists there too, and it looks like Bodybagging has talent as well! (get ready... inserting my own horn toot here.. lol) I came in second place with a partner in the make up contest at transworld in 2007 - I lost to Bodybagging by the way :) and was second place at MHC, so I too have talent. You have a lot of choices to make, and with the dvd's listed already, you can't go wrong!

Katie,

Loved your videos. I was looking for something to help some of the actors put each other into make-up. I got a couple talented make-up people, but they are always under the gun to get it all done in a short period of time. This year I want to try to get some of the actors more involved in make-up, and your videos are really good for laying out the basics. You do a great job at instructing! You need to shamelessly promote those more often.
When all else fails, add more blood!:)

Killer Katie
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Lurker, thanks alot for the awesome review. I'm glad youenloyed the videos. I love to do what I do and I hope that shows and I'll work on the shameless promotion :) lol! If you're going to MHC - PLEASE come find me at the Evilusions booth! And could you tell, I love blood??? It's the great forgiver!