PDA

View Full Version : Just found out my haunt had some nominations last year

xxxdirk
03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
So, as some of you know Wisconsin has a site, hauntedwisconsin.com where people go to get haunt info. Last season they allowed visitors to haunted houses vote and I just found out today that A THEATER OF LOST SOULS was nominated in quite a few catagories:
Best use of a darkmaze
Best Individual actor
Most Improved
Best Value
While we did not actually win any catagories, I do think it was kind of cool to be nominated especially how we have less than 30 days to set up compared to all the winners that have a year round place...

Frighteners Entertainment
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
That is pretty good news.

Jim Warfield
03-01-2008, 07:54 PM
All right , Dirk, fess-up, did you steal some of that "Darkness"(as in:"Best Use Of") from my house when you were here?
I seem to be missing some of it?
I hear alittle ray creeping into a dark room, I quickly turn on the light and it's all gone! (except for the dark rings under my eyes, I need a ring-job, too many fumes blowing by the compression ring!)
Very Good dirk! Congratulations!
As I have always said, Setting up in month and taring down and still having a neat show is incredible! I couldn't work like that.

brad
03-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Congrats man!!!

drfrightner
03-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Congrats! Larry

~nail in the coffin~
03-01-2008, 11:12 PM
hey, that's sweet news!

xxxdirk
03-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your kind words. Again, I would have liked to have won, but it is a step in the right direction!

BurialChamber
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Nice work Ron! We'll have to try to get out to see your show next year.

MMManiac
03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Ron-

last year was the first year I got to attend ATOLS and I was very pleased with how well you and your group of actors has done. For only having 30 days to set up i have to give you props.

i just checked the haunted wisconsin site and noticed we too won a few awards:

1st place
Best Family haunt
Most improved haunt

2nd place
Best props/sets
Best theme
Best scare
Best maze

xxxdirk
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Wow Sean, You mean you never heard from them? I love the crew from Haunted Wisconsin and everything they do, but you would think they would have sent you a congratulary email or something.....

Looking forward to seeing you in Vegas.