PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Must Read

drfrightner
03-01-2008, 06:14 PM
As you know you'll only get this news on Hauntworld.com, any news that matters anyway! LOL

Anyway UNIT 70 WILL NOT be at Transworld Vegas. Yes they have a booth, and yes they paid for it, but NO they will NOT be at the show. Neither Bo or Brady will be attending the show, and you might ask why. TOO BUSY!

They have so many major projects going on he can't afford to leave his shop for a week on top of the fact that he has so many orders already he doesn't need to attend the show.

Brainstorm Studios started this trend many years ago, when they got so overwhelmed with customers that they no longer needed to attend tradeshows. To this day Brainstorm Studios has NOT attended tradeshows sine man like 1998 or something and they're doing just fine.

Now we have Unit 70 ... here is the kicker though. They did in fact make new stuff, and according to Bo its the best stuff he's ever done. He will be posting new photos, video and more on his website.

His brochures will be at the show and you'll be able to pick them up. If you want to order his new prodcuts you'll have to call him to place an order.

Scareparts is another vendor that plans to make new stuff but will offer all new items only on their website. Scareparts will also not exhibit at the show. I don't know when they're planning to update their site but it will be soon.

Last but NOT least...

You've heard me talk about the NEW PROFESSIONAL Haunted House Association...

We're starting a vendor discount program. All vendors will be contacted and offered unreal ways for them to make money, and new customers by participating in this new association.

Well TODAY... we landed the first discount and its a massive one.

SCAREFACTORY will OFFER EXCLUSIVE to members of HHA ONLY 5% discount ON TOP OF any other discount Scarefactory offers themselves. In other words they're offering a 5% discount at Transworld, and if you are an HHA member, you can take an additional 5% off your order JUST LIKE THAT!

So if you're NOT an HHA member you'll get 5% off, if you are an HHA member you'll get 10% off. When Scarefactory offers their massive winter discounts, you'll get an additional 5% off above and beyond any discount they offer.

This offer is EXCLUSIVE TO HHA MEMBERS ONLY!

If you order $10,000.00 worth of stuff you're going to save $500.00, if you place a $50,000.00 order you'll save $2500.00 on top of the discount SF offers. How can you pass up this deal?

A membership to HHA is ONLY $49.95 and includes a ONE YEAR subscription to Hauntworld Magazine, and an HHA exclusive buyers guide which will be released this summer, in addition your banner featured on the site, access to all the media, and much more.

Use ANY search engine Yahoo, Google, you name it and search out the keywords to find an association and you find www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org (http://www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org).

All of the media will use this site to find haunts and learn about our industry. Our only goal, our only mission to PROMOTE and PROTECT those who own haunted houses. We will make your business grow, plain and simple.

So now you can join HHA prior to TW and save yourself hundreds of dollars with just the FIRST of MANY discounts we will be offering. Before we're done your $50.00 membership will help this industry gain tens of thousands in national PR, education the industry, and SAVE your business THOUSANDS!

Join today... www.hauntedhouseassociation.org (http://www.hauntedhouseassociation.org)

If you already have a subscription to Hauntworld Magazine you can join for a MERE $20.00.

C'mon folks... our industry is too important not to have something like this!

Larry

Jim Warfield
03-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Along with being so busy , too busy to go to Vegas, maybe they are not going to be there because it is just too far away to drag a bunch of product there?

"Work" = Time x Distance.........More "Distance" = More Work!! (Expen$e)

drfrightner
03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
It has also come to my attention that Studio Tek will also not be showing this year. From everything I'm hearing its not the show itself, its not the location, its the fact that haunters are now buying more stuff in the winter, due to so many vendors having trouble shipping on time.

People are just ordering sooner, and I think as we go forward a haunted house tradeshow needs to be in January not March.

It is also my understanding that Screampass will also not have a booth this year.

Scarefactory however tells me their new stuff will be the best they have ever done!!! From the looks of what I'm hearing and seeing the vendors that are coming will have their best stuff ever.

We'll miss those vendors but you can still order from them all!!!

Larry

MDKing
03-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Larry,
How can someone verify they are HHA members? How would SF know who should get the HHA discount?

Thanks,
Allan

drfrightner
03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
We're going to print cards. That extra 5% SOUNDS GREAT DOESN'T IT???

We're not done... we're talking to Ghost Ride, Unit 70 and many more vendors prior to the show. We're going to come up with more discounts before the show.

Here is what it boils down to... Vendors need haunters to make more money so they have more money to spend on new products. The mission of the new HHA is to help this industry expand their demographics, reach new customers, and expand awareness of the industry. All of these things goes a long way to promoting the industry.

If vendors can help us accomplish this goal, then they'll make the 5% BACK SIMPLY THROUGH ADDITIONAL ORDERS... not to mention the fact that we'll get then NEW Leads and customers something IAHA for example can not do.

We can find more new clients for vendors than even Transworld.

There is no other system on the net that can find vendors more new clients and this is exactly what we'll do for them. Everything is a two way street and I personally understand this.

It will work both ways and we will get most if not all vendors on board.

HHA will have 500 members by this time next year, and most will own attractions, amusement centers, vendors or other things along these lines.

All haunted hosue owners should be proud of something working for the betterment of your business!!!!

We can do that and once we have everyone on board we can move mountains.

Larry

MindWerxKMG
03-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Larry,

Will the cards be sent out prior to TW? I joined HHA back in July. I've got a decent credit with Scarefactory and I want to take advantage of the double discount!

Motograter
03-01-2008, 11:55 PM
wow thats kind of a bummer. I was really looking forward to checking out Unit 70. I completely understand why they can't attend. I'm glad business for them is going good.

xxxdirk
03-02-2008, 09:47 AM
I love Unit 70 and had planned on buying a few new pieces from them at TW> Now, my money might end up going elseware, just cause I have X amount of $ I am planning on spending this year, and if I see some stuff there, I might buy everything there.

Glad business is so good for them though

Jim Warfield
03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
The $ I save by not going to Vegas I can buy Mr. Tuxedo some good, used Kitty Litter and a new plastic garbage bag to scare people with, I might even have some pennys left over.......Bubble Gum!

drfrightner
03-02-2008, 12:50 PM
It's a good point a real good point. I don't disagree with you. But I think Unit 70 doesn't want to be one of those compaines that doesn't deliver. When they make a promise to build your product they do it. I think Unit 70 is at a crossroads here... they can get really really really big or they can stay managable. I think with the orders he's already got and the orders he's expecting, he might already be beyond managable.

I don't think it was the wrong move, when you like where you're at.

There will be a NEW Unit 70 catelog at the show. You can see his new stuff.

But remember Unit 70 isn't the only company not making the trip, there are SEVERAL...

This is a good opportunity for new companies to shine, we'll see what happens.

Larry

jason
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
will they provide a dvd that shows the movements of their new products? actually it would be nice to see a new/updated dvd from them (compaired to what they had last year).

Barry
03-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Ron brings up a very good point. It is great that Unit 70 has enough business now to carry them through, however many people discount the "show experience" and how it affects sales. An exciting vibrant show will produce more sales simply because people get caught up in the atmosphere.

Mr Nightmarez
03-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Great News for Bo and Brady!

They bailed me out last year when some other Dead Beat Vendors did not ship and we needed some new props.

Can't wait to get the catalog - but I agree a disappointment not having Unit 70 at Vegas...

See you all in Vegas

SomeThingInTheIce
03-04-2008, 12:43 PM
This says a lot about prop builders, the fact that they need, not that they want too, skip a trade show. I think this is good news for the industry as a whole and am sure that once these companys can grow to keep up with demand will return to the trade shows for even more growth.

drfrightner
03-05-2008, 02:40 AM
I think this is something you're going to see more and more of unfortunately. I've said it before there isn't enough vendors to supply all the buyers.

Unit 70 doesn't need to spend $50,000.00 to go to a show, they have the business which they feel is enough to keep them where they want to be.

They don't want to be overwhelmed, they want to fill orders, period!

Haunters are changing buying habits, they are buying sooner, and sooner than ever before.

In case you didn't hear Transworld is moving back to Chicago next year, and I think the show will be in January. Perfect timing if you ask me!

The shows can NO LONGER be in March...its too late for vendors and buyers now. For those vendors who have their products made over seas they need more time to get product shipped in.

Get ready for a real eye opener next year when the show is in the dead of winter in cold Chicago, but I will say it will have a better time for everyone involved.

Larry

Mr Nightmarez
03-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Amazing!

I was going to stop going if they did not move back to Chicago or somewhere else... a one year vacation is ok, but Vegas and March is not the place nor time.

January will be bad, but that's when the buying needs to be done.

TW is finally listening?

MDKing
03-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Chicago In January? I better pack extra in case the flights get delayed again...It happened last year and I hear it's quite common in Chicago airports. Why not have it in January in a warmer place, south of the Mason/Dixon line?

Allan

xxxdirk
03-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Larry, did I miss something?! When or where did they announce it moving back to Chicago?

Ken Spriggs
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Damn now if TW is coming back to Chicago
That means WE GET TO OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!

poison
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Larry where did you hear about TRANSWORLD moving back to Chicago?

I called TRANSWORLD and they have no knowledge of this.

drfrightner
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Couple of things... I didn't say they're putting on the show in January. I said that is the rumor but I don't know for sure. I just know the show will be SOONER rather than later, and it might be as far back as January but probably February.

Here is the bottom line... Transworld will make an official announcement in Vegas about their show in 2009. But I can almost promise you that what you will hear is back to Chicago with the show moving backwards in terms of when it will be placed.

In the long run...

I think Transworld is doing the right thing here. You have a zillion years of culture placed in Chicago, secondly most of the buyers and vendors live closer to Chicago, and lastly, our industry probably just doesn't like change.

So in the long run this will be better.

Larry

drfrightner
03-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Another announcement...

POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS will offer a 5% discount year round for members of www.hauntedhouseassociation.org.

www.poisonprops.com (http://www.poisonprops.com)

Just one more vendor signed on... we will have a full lineup of discounts prior to the show and more after the show.

Larry