PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this topic was posted but.........

Mr. Haunt
03-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I do not go out to movies that often, but I saw 30 Days of Night for the first time tonight. I thought it was a great movie. Good special effects and a good story line.

Now I know that there are critics on this forum, but I know a good horror movie when I see one. This is one of the better ones that I have seen in a while.

Mr. Haunt

stafford
03-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but speaking of the effects, a friend of mine, his brother was one of the lead visual effects people on this film. He works for WETA in New Zealand, what a job eh?

Looking forward to seeing it.

Chris

icarian
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I have mixed feelings about this movie, it was great up until the ending... i mean... after ALL THAT, the ending was just far too anti-climatic for me. They did a GREAT job of making the vampire scary again, and had some really great startle scares, sound effects, visuals were amazing, but the end ruined all of that for me i guess. I left the theater feeling like i wasted my money to be honest.

Darkblood
03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I just saw this movie this week also...
I had heard how 'great' it was from a bunch of friends/family so my expectations were high...
I thought it was okay...
I'm a big vampire buff...but some parts were so-so...
It also seemed about 20 mins too long...
The effects and acting were good, but other than the ending which I didn't like, the transitions from day 1 to 7...7 to 18...18 to 27 and so forth just didn't seem believable.
It would jump 11 days but only made me believe it'd been a few hours...nobody looked any worse for wear or had more facial hair and the likes...
But overall it was okay to watch once...moreso for the effects...

Just my 2 cents!

Mr. Haunt
03-09-2008, 12:15 PM
When you pack 30 days in 1:30.00 or what ever it was, takes away from the movie. Maybe they should have just jumped right into the 30 days at the start of the movie and told the story as the movie went on.

I also thought the end was bad. I think this could have been played out better or differant. But it was still good.

Mr. Haunt