PDA

View Full Version : HauntWorld's Top 13 List 2008

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Okay folks...

This year I'm going to do things different. We're going to have the top 5 home haunts, top 5 haunted hayrides, top 5 amusement park haunts, Haunted Cornmaze/Halloween Event, Pumpkin Patch and top 13 haunted attractions.

In order to WIN a SPOT you must be nominated and YOU MUST place a YOU TUBE video ON THIS THREAD to even be considered.

If you can't take the time to make a video to show the industry WHY you deserve to be nomiated you will NOT be included. This goes FOR EVERYONE from Netherworld to Headless Horseman to the Darkness.

NO VIDEO NO LIST!

The Hauntworld top list has helped promote the whole idea of going to haunts whether or not you're on the list or not. However the list has gained some MAJOR PR in the MILLIONS!

So now is your chance...

Hauntworld Top 13 Haunts will go into a story in the next Hauntworld magazine in June...

Let the battle begin today...

Make a VIDEO... you can even make that video special with your introduction what makes your haunt one of the best in the nation.

I'm hoping EVERYONE will learn something from all the videos added.

Again if you don't add your video you can not be considered ... these are the new rules!!!!

RULES:

1) You must have a video embeded on this thread to be nominated.

2) The video must show highlights of your attractions.

3) The video must showcase what makes your attraction one of the best.

4) You have until June 1st, 2008 to submit your video.

5) After all videos have been submitted a poll will be created so people can cast votes. The winners will be announced on June 15th in Hauntworld Magazine issue #19.

6) You must states on the top of your post what category you're trying to win... Home Haunt - Haunted Hayride - Haunted Attraction - Haunted Cornmaze/Halloween Event - Pumpkin Patch

WINNING EVENTS WILL BE FEATURED IN THE 2008 HAUNTWORLD TOP 13 LIST EDITION. FEATURED ARTICLE ABOUT ALL ATTRACTIONS ON THE WEBSITE AND INSIDE THE MAGAZINE. VIDEOS WILL DISPLAY NEXT TO THE ARTICLE ON THE SITE. YOU WILL BE GIVEN A CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR WEBSITE THAT STATES YOU'RE ONE OF THE NATIONS BEST IN 2008 BY HAUNTWORLD.COM

As they say in UCF ... LETS GET IT ON!

Larry

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:06 AM
EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON VIDEOS... this is encouraged because we want to know what you think of these videos!

Larry

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:09 AM
CreepyWorld in Fenton/St. Louis, Missouri wants to be nominated for Best Haunted Attraction.

Here is our video...
JVGY12W5YVA

drfrightner
03-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The Darkness, Located in St. Louis, Mo. wants to be nominated for Best Haunted Attraction.

Here is our video:

ABf137k_0cY

actiondeath
03-09-2008, 08:21 AM
CENTRAL OHIO! If you don't have time to make a video for this thread, I'd be glad to help you out! Even if you're not in the Buckeye State, if you already have some footage, I can edit it for you. Lots of free time right now.

Samples available at www.youtube.com/actiondeath (http://www.youtube.com/actiondeath)

Hit me up! It'll be worth your while.

ETA: Larry, that ghost town at CreepyWorld looks amazing. Absolutely a-friggin-mazing.

Jolly Pumpkin
03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
So can anyone post a video of a haunt they want nominated or does it have to be an owner, actor or worker of the haunt that posts it? One thing I feel is a little unfair about the list is that The Darkness and other haunts associated with Scare Fest are always on the list and near the top. The writer of the list shouldn't be able to put his haunt on the list because it's a little biased. No matter if The Darkness is nominated or not it's going to be near the top with the greatest things said about it. I mean you wouldn't have an owner of a restaurant rank the best restaurants in America because he will obviously have his as one of the greatest. I've seen video and pictures of haunts at Scare Fest and they look incredible, but they shouldn't be considered. I'm not trying to start something, but that's the way it works when things are ranked. You can't have the writer and person responsible for the magazine have his haunt as one of the best.

actiondeath
03-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Technically... since he is the writer of the magazine, he can do whatever he wants to do. You said yourself they are amazing haunts (judging by the videos). I don't think they should be disqualified for any reason. If it wasn't for the creator of such a list, none of the haunts would be getting this kind of PR.

Speculo
03-10-2008, 05:54 AM
NETHERWORLD - Nomination In Haunted Attraction Category

One of our folks made this for our wrap party, and he just re-edited it to music from our new CD we put out last year, so we could put it on Youtube.

We haven't been shooting enough video thats for sure! Clearly video is becoming as important as pictures these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljr3RmQZQsI

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
NETHERWORLD

twohlgemuth
03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpzOkHngax4

drfrightner
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Netherworld

ljr3RmQZQsI

drfrightner
03-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Spookywoods

PpzOkHngax4

drfrightner
03-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Here is what is at stake...

Hauntworld has been helping this industry gain a TON or positive PR for the past couple of years. Whether you make the list or not doesn't matter the list helps the WHOLE industry.

I don't want this to seem unfair, I want everyone to vote on this in 2008. The only way you can truly vote on something is if we can see your haunt. You must add the videos... if you think I only ad my friends you're wrong. If my quote unquote friends don't add videos they wont' be on any list I can assure you. YOU WILL VOTE THIS YEAR!!! YOU THE INDUSTRY!

But here is what you will get this year.

Check it out...

Randy Bates
03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Over the past several years, the public relations program has placed the haunted attraction industry in the national limelight. Hauntworld has led the way and it is a huge benefit to all attraction owners.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1CaoTMtooA

spookologist
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Great videos everyone.

Keep them coming.

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

elowther
03-11-2008, 09:34 PM
E0RSSywtMZM

This is a short trailer that shows some highlights of our first year from a home haunt to commercial. We will work on a different version that shows more photos of the props when we get back from Transworld.

Even though we have a small budget and are just starting out as a commercial haunt, I think we have a shot at being chosen as one of the top 13 because of our attention to detail and original Halloween themed designs. Our huge monsters, some as tall as 34 feet are unique to the industry. This, coupled with a solid group of actors, very creative and scary maze design gives patrons something they can find only at Haunted Overload. Now we have a great permanent location at Coppal House Farm on 78 acres with a separate corn maze. I can really start to go wild with the designs and improvements for 2008! You can see more footage as well as our funny queue line entertainment in much better quality on the new DVD from Hauntworld, Americas best Haunted Houses. Thanks for the consideration and stay tuned for more videos.

Eric

Randy Bates
03-13-2008, 06:33 PM
This is just one of the many amazing pyro gags going on at the Bates Motel. It was designed by Jeff Cox, a professional special FX guy, and is completely computerized, using a Gilderfluke mini-brick 8. The trigger is a manual button that requires an actor or technician to activate, for safety reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRwcRB7z8I

Randy Bates
03-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Here is a video that was put together 8 years ago by an art student

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAT_Rxt9Kjs

drfrightner
03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
B1CaoTMtooA

drfrightner
03-13-2008, 08:36 PM
nAT_Rxt9Kjs

steve
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
sadly due to being on crutches for the season, this is the best footage i could get.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5bo3g7pEc

drfrightner
03-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Kk5bo3g7pEc

drfrightner
03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
These guys want to be reviewed...although they must put this video up themselves. But I'm throwing up a video for you to check out. Its pretty cool check it out.

Larry
wQsh4J4XMXA

UnDeRTaKer313
03-16-2008, 05:15 PM
HOME HAUNT

http://bix.yahoo.com/entry/182382?itemIndex=0&memberId=356992&sort=CREATED_DATE

here is my entry

sorry i couldnt embed it
thanks for consideration

Jordan24
03-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Undertaker,
What part of Toledo are you in. I used to live in Perrysburg for about 10 years.

Video looked great too, one of the coolest home-haunts I've seen.

HouseOfTorment
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks Larry for posting one of our videos. We are honored to be considered.

House of Torment in Austin, TX is entering for best Haunted Attraction. We will have 3 events in 08 (we had 2 in 07), our annual attendance is 30,000, and this will be our 6th year as a commercial event.

We have posted below 2 videos used in our 2007 marketing campaign and will post more videos from 2007 soon. Throughout the year we will also include video that will be used in 2008.

Thanks and Enjoy!

This was our 30 sec. TV spot.

rJReiHHYWks

This was one of many videos we used in our online viral marketing campaign. (Larry posted this video already)

wQsh4J4XMXA

UnDeRTaKer313
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks jordan24

we actually live in sylvania but were right on the border
plus toledo is more popular than sylvania so it easier to find us on search engines and such

Lord Belial
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I would like to nominate The House of Shock for best Haunted Attraction for 2008!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxfRZjjLKo

brad
03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I would like to nominate The House of Shock for best Haunted Attraction for 2008!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxfRZjjLKo

Ya'll have a pretty good video, but bragging about a patron having a heart attack, dying, and bringing her back? I think that's a little too much.

That's more negative PR than anything else IMO.

Bill Schnell
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
The House of Shock feeds off of "bad" publicity, they do it better than anybody and in my opinion, I love it!

UnDeRTaKer313
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
how do i embed a video on here that is not from youtube

actiondeath
03-22-2008, 10:57 AM
I nominate Dead Acres / Haunted Hoochie for the 2008 Top 13:

SGwCSZu33aQ

actiondeath
03-22-2008, 11:02 AM
HOME HAUNT

here is my entry

sorry i couldnt embed it
thanks for consideration

HELL YEAH!! I did the "Welcome to Hell's Gate" audio clip that is at the beginning of this video!!! I had almost forgotten about that! Glad it worked out for ya!

actiondeath
03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
HOME HAUNT

here is my entry

sorry i couldnt embed it
thanks for consideration

atBvn_WYXBI

There! What a pain in the bix... Anyway, it's embedded... and OFFICIAILLY nominated in the home haunt bracket. You can thank me later.

SSP
03-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I nominate Graveside Manor for the Home Haunt category

4fQZ2WNZkbU

(Thank you elowhter and Jester for information on how to embed here)

elowther
03-23-2008, 05:23 PM
XwR-pf5pcrc

I just got back from Transworld and figured I would post this one of my actors and a collection of screaming patrons. Sometimes in the dead of winter I need motivation to keep making props and working on the web site. When I look at this video it reminds me of why we all do this. Enjoy.
Eric

UnDeRTaKer313
03-23-2008, 06:40 PM
THANKS SO MUCH actiondeath
yeah we got alot of good remarks about your intro song you made, we had that blaring over some huge loudspeakers and it sounded amazing.
Thanks again for nominating us AND emdeding our video
although we are thinking about making our video better so if we do you will have to show me how to embed it so i can know how to in the future
THANKS

elowther
03-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Check out this thread by Jester. He shows step by step how to embed You Tube videos, it's great!

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=3870

SSP
03-23-2008, 11:07 PM
elowther thank you so much for posting a link to that video, and a big thank you for Jester for making it! My problem was I have a Mac and run the Safari browser, which shows no toolbar for posting messages on here, therefore no YouTube button. The video showed the exact tag to use ([YOUTUBE]) which was exactly the explanation I needed. Thank you again

drfrightner
03-25-2008, 03:32 AM
There is some really cool videos here. Once the LAST day to add them comes to pass I will put up a poll online.

Keep them coming!

Larry

Horror Master
03-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Trail of Terror, Wallingford CT : Nominate for Best Charity Haunt
http://www.trailofterror.com

iCmvM_rWWoQ

drfrightner
03-27-2008, 03:22 AM
BTW... we want to add the TOP FIVE CHARITY HAUNTS. Do you have a CHARITY HAUNT? Add your video here... and say nominated for best Charity haunt.

Larry

DrSlain
03-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Extended Theatre ProMo

0WrJqV3YpyM

ATROXfactory.com

elowther
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
jTJXxdaYiNI

I love behind the scenes footage. Here is a video that shows the building of our haunt from scratch. The snow scene is when I met with John Hutton, the owner of the farm to discuss the layout of the haunt for the first time. I'm glad we got that on tape! The place looks a lot different now. I'm not sure the farmers knew what they were in for at first but they sure have a taste for the haunt business now.

Eric

nightmare13
03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/nightmareon13

Shocktoberfest_PA
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Shocktoberfest 2007 Promo Video featuring:

The BioHazard Hayride
The Prison of the Dead
The Toxic Asylum 3D Extreme
The Monster Midway

More info @ shocktoberfest.com (http://www.shocktoberfest.com)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qRJU4cNkM4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qRJU4cNkM4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

drfrightner
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
awesome video Pat!

Larry

HouseOfTorment
04-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Here are some more videos from 2007. We posted some already earlier as our official entry but wanted to share these with the community as well.

Enjoy!

This video was used in online advetisements and shown on flat screens to customers while waiting in line

iZY_qdPNT_Y

This video was also used in online advertisements and sent to customers that signed up for our mailing list...turn up the volume to hear the audio...

nbAm7TNhv_M

elowther
04-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Wow, I love those videos from House of Torment! Very creative and scary as hell. The second one really got me. This video is totally different. Even though our haunt is very scary on the inside, we decided to use a bit of humor to entertain the guests waiting to get in. The people ate it up and I can't believe how many of them thought the skunk was real. He does get a few scares himself halfway through the video.

UCyguRHUkHY

Darkangel
04-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Just watching your video, it really brought home a point that way too many haunts(even worse so in the north) perpetuate the sterotype of scary southern backwoods hillbillies with buck teeth and sort of "The Hills Have Eyes" like behavior....I'm surprised others have not complained about it to you.....There may be some people who feel slighted at your attemps to misrepresent certain people in the south. If your haunt is in New England, why not have a backwoodsmen with your local accents? After all, wouldn't the southern hillbillies be way down south, far from you guys?

I know it's all for fun, but still.....

Darkangel

elowther
04-19-2008, 07:57 AM
It's impossible to please everybody. At some point someone will be offended no matter what you do. Certain religious groups take offense at the whole haunt industry and even Halloween itself. Where would that leave us if we tried to please them? My uncle came up with that character and you can see by the people's reactions everyone loved it. It just wouldn't be funny at all if he had a Boston accent. Here is another one showing him interviewing people.

Efpbvw6uAWY

Darkangel
04-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I see your point, things are funny when you make fun of people with southern accents. I'd like to see some haunts in the south have characters that neglect to include the "R" when they speak english, maybe that will be funny to customers in the south....Might be an idea.....

Seriously though, I know what you're saying but unless you're doing anything anti-Christian or anti-onganized religion, it's not the same as singling out a certain type of person and their individualt traits....

shredman
04-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Dark angel, Mr.Lowther is right, it is impossible to please everybody, and I have to say coming from the south, I thought that was pretty funny. By the way I love haunted overload.

Darkangel
04-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Shredman, his haunt looks really cool, can't argue with that...I think I'll have a scene this year depecting a guy with a Boston accent, see if I can get the crowd rolling with that!!

Darkangel

shredman
04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Nice darkangel, I might too just to get a few laughs. Probably not. lol

Darkangel
04-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, maybe you're right, it's MUCH more funny making fun of the South, right? Hey maybe since all the jobs are moving south it would be easy to find many real Boston accents to use or better yet get those guys with the Boston accents show us how we southerners actually speak and act!!!!

elowther
04-19-2008, 09:00 AM
There's tons of other things to be offended about in that clip if you wanted to be. The fact of him using a dead skunk puppet and animal pelt for his hat could get tons of complaints from PETA. Also anyone with a real bladder problem that uses Depends could be offended because we are making fun of that. We are trying to entertain people and you can see by the video that it is working. I wouldn't take offense at all if a southern haunt used a Boston accent with one of their characters. I think it sounds funny when I hear it in movies like the Departed. I never gave the accent the character uses a second thought. To me it doesn't even sound that much like a real southern accent. I have friends from the south and they thought the character was funny as hell. Like I said, you can't please everybody.

Eric

shredman
04-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Eric you are right.

Darkangel
04-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Good points Eric, wow shredman are you sure you don't work for Eric? J/K

shredman
04-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Lol darkangel, I just know that no one can be pleased 24/7, And I live in the south and I wasn''t offended at all. Btw we probably shouldn't be going off in this direction on the top 13 haunts of america thread, Lol

Jordan24
04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Eric is completly right.
If you are going to open an attraction, and you are going to try and keep your attraction completly 'politicaly correct'. You might as well just not even open up.
As Eric said, there is no way to keep everyone happy. Something could found to complain about for every single prop, scene, or charecter you have.

Great video by the way, your place looks awsome.

skendus
04-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Frightland wants to be considered for best Haunted Attraction.

Frightland (http://www.frightland.com) features 8 full attractions:

- The Dark Millennium Hayride
- Barn of Horror
- Idalia Manor
- The Attic
- Redemption Ghost Town
- Forgotten insane asylum
- The Haunted Woods
- Reedy Point Penitentiary
- Amusement Rides

The video for Frightland (http://www.frightland.com), one the east coast's hottest haunted attractions for over 10 years, appears below.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUEFexSHLjA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUEFexSHLjA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Speculo
04-19-2008, 05:31 PM
We once made videos like these every year for the cue line, but we stopped because they slowed down the throughput. Now with the You Tube craze I guess we are going to go back to them! The creature suit was a custom full body suit, and you can glimpse a few big animatronics in the background, at least one modified.

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD
www.Fearworld.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-XKJ-pGVo

elowther
04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Ben,

That was great! Very creative with the editing and the body suit was insane looking. It leaves you wanting more and I'm sure it was a big hit in the cue line. You guys set a very high standard for the haunt industry with every thing you do from the haunt itself to the icon characters right down to the videos for the cue line.

Eric

drfrightner
04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
pe-XKJ-pGVo

SSP
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM
I have one question about this contest, if I may, and I say this with complete respect to everyone participating. Though all events are required to make videos and post them in order to be considered, the final judgement is not going to be based solely on the videos, right? I do like the idea that each haunt should have uploaded some sort of footage or promo video to support their attraction, but if that is the only criteria for this then this is a video editing contest rather than a haunted house one. No video can truly express the experience of being to any one of these great events, and because of this I believe some are faced with an unfortunate handicap. I do not say this as a criticism, but more of a suggestion, and with respect. I view being on Hauntworlds Top 13 as a great honor, but feel those who will win the spots should be there for the right reasons. Again, I think having all attractions upload videos is a wonderful push for expanding media and creating a greater hype for the industry, but feel that the promo videos are merely complimentary to the true experience. This would be, as they say, judging a book by its cover.

Speculo
04-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Very True! Basing something like this on videos alone is exactly that....a video editing contest! I think that is one of the reasons Larry wanted actual haunt footage in the videos...to at least get a taste of the attraction. It is a similar effect with web sites..There are many excellent websites, but without a bunch of haunt pictures on the site you are left with a best website contest! Then of course in many cases you then have a best photography contest! Or a best theme writing contest...etc...
As we all know every experience in a haunt is very personal, the most amazing haunt ever built could be ruined for a guest because an actor stepped on his toe.
The reality is the best you can do in a case like this is take the sum of the parts, Videos, Photos, Websites, advertising materials, years in the business, and the general consensus of patrons and haunters who have been to the event, and make your choices.

What is a better movie, Star Wars or Sophies Choice? Depends on the reviewer I guess.

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
NETHERWORLD

graystone
04-21-2008, 06:55 AM
You could have not said that any better. You are 110% right good job in the posting!

actiondeath
04-21-2008, 07:23 AM
These last few posts bring back one of the more common and logical of the "Treisch-isms". "Just because you can put together a good video or website doesn't mean you can put together a good haunted house."

Very well put, gentlemen.

graystone
04-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Another hit on the nail post. I myself have seen a few of these "doctored" video's went to the attraction to find that it was nothing as posted in the video advertizement. On the flip side I have seen haunts that did not use these "doctored" videos only to see a plain but to the point advertizement went to it and it was more than I expected!! Video should not be the deciding factor in a haunt. Graystone Manor.

Speculo
04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
That said...here is ANOTHER one, a trailer from an upcoming Haunted Media issue on our haunt. I for one have been enjoying seeing these videos, there are some amazing ones here! It does point out the fact that in a you tube world we all need to take this aspect of our marketing more seriously, just like we all realised the importance of a good website and graphics a few years ago.

BTW My browser doesn't show the toolbar so I cannot embed these myself -

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
NETHERWORLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYsN1Ro__8

elowther
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Another good one Ben! I have enjoyed watching all of the videos also. They are all so different from each other it makes them fun to watch. You are right, to judge a haunt solely on their video would be crazy. Larry is also right in saying if you don't have any videos of your haunt how can anyone tell what it looks like besides actually going to it?

At the risk of posting to many, here is one last clip. It may be my favorite because it is very short and to the point. We tried to show how the haunt looks with a good photo and then show some good reactions of horrified people. Some of these reactions are priceless. Listen closely near the end. A girl says while trying to catch her breath. " I should have brought my Puffer" meaning her inhaler. I thought that said it all.

Good luck to all that post and keep the videos coming.

Eric

tN_pAILOgNY

drfrightner
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
This question has been asked of me...

Will we accept a tv commercial as a legit form of video of your event?

The answer is NO!

If you've added a TV commercial they will NOT be accepted as a valid form of video. If you have added one great, thanks we love to see them but NO you will not be added to the final mix.

Additionally if you have one of these creative videos that shows like someone torturing people in one room, or in other words a creative video but it doesn't show off your attraction we probably will NOT count that either.

WE NEED TO SEE YOUR ATTRACTION, NOT HOW CREATIVE YOU ARE WITH A VIDEO CAMERA AND AN EDITING MACHINE...

Some are saying...

WE DO NOT HAVE A VIDEO... oh well... you do have a camera so go into your haunted house right now and walk through lights on and all and upload it today. Was your haunt on the news, travel channel anything? Put it up on youtube and get that link here quickly. But whatever video you add make sure it showcases your haunt!

The countdown is on...

Hurry up!

Larry

SSP
04-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, if we can post videos produced by other organizations, then I will throw this in the mix...
Graveside Manor for the Home Haunt catagory

Video from our feature in FEARnet's "America's Scariest Home Haunt"
KOthaLTChpE

Footage featured on Channel 3's "Better Connecticut". This was very light hearted, shot during the day, Scot Haney gave it a very fun atmosphere.
tcJEtCFF3No

drfrightner
04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
You can post news stories, travel channel segments, hand held walk through of the event, montages anything, anything, anything that simply shows us your haunted house either in action or lights on but NO television commercials and no creative pieces that show off your video making skills but show hardly anything from inside your haunts.

WE WANT TO SEE YOUR HAUNT!

Larry

Feargore
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
i cant waite 2 c the top list Larry!!!!!!!

-Taylor

drfrightner
04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I will set up a survey so you can vote. Its up to you!

Larry

stafford
04-29-2008, 09:04 AM
The Asylum Haunted House in Northglenn/Denver, Colorado wants to be nominated for Best Haunted Attraction.

RCQLSucJD3A

Sorry, didn't have an edited version handy without the intro.

badass
05-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Dead Acres for Pro Haunt

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yVPdXQxU6Ec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yVPdXQxU6Ec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

jason
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
wow!! dead acres and netherworld always make my jaw drop..enough said.

elowther
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
That was insane! Dead Acres has my vote. Love the big moving props and clown decapitation at the end. Great video I wish I could go.

Eric

Jordan24
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Dead Acres looks amazing, I was disapointed when I saw they weren't on either of the bus tours at MHC.

Great Video, my vote goes to them as well.

badass
05-07-2008, 10:49 PM
thank you very much...

My gramp was haunting in the early 50's....my earliest memories were waiting on the next group...I could feel my heart race as they approached...We made this costume that was insane...I was some kinda rabid mutant rat..it scared em evrytime...He would be soooo proud of me now

from our very earliest beginnings.. we wanted to be something beyond what people expected of a haunted house...we wanted to be the very best...

thanks

Tim May

UndeadProd
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
The ScareHouse, in Pittsburgh PA, would like to be nominated for top haunted attraction ...

RSAB9xtDm74

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Time is running out...

HURRY UP!

Soon I will put a list up of all the attractions who have followed the rules.

And from there a final list of all the attractions will be made. This list wil be promoted nationally through every media outlet in the nation!

HURRY UP!

Larry

drfrightner
05-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Noah,

I just saw your post and questions... I guess it doesn't have to be the owner. If you want to nominate an attraction post the video. Larry

jason
05-09-2008, 05:01 AM
I am hoping to record new footage on the USS Nightmare for this year but for now please enjoy just a slice of 2007's show as well as our q-line video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJG9r4t7lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDoPZFPg00s

badass
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
that is one tough old boat...

i bet it was a uss nightmare gettin that impaler on board...

jason
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
lol indeed it was.

Jolly Pumpkin
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Chambers of The Mausoleum (CA)

axrZIJ_ltKU

The Haunted Hotel (Louisville, KY)

17KxEe5YUBk

Turbidite Manor (CA)

VDLlg2JzejM

edwardhaunt
05-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Erebus Haunted Attraction in Pontiac Michigan
- Nomination in Haunted Attraction Category

Here are a couple video clips, one from an independent source the other was made in house.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mg-Rzi0qSzE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mg-Rzi0qSzE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxkq8-TUa0A&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxkq8-TUa0A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thanks for your consideration!

Ed Terebus
Erebus Haunted Attraction

drfrightner
05-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Awesome videos!!!!

When a thread like this can produce so much awesome footage for people to watch, enjoy and learn from we all benefit!

Good job.

Larry

cinefex
05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEoDm2IZM-4"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEoDm2IZM-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

edwardhaunt
05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Erebus - Nomination in Haunted Attraction Category

It's all about the screams! Here is a few screams from a little bit ago to let you peek inside Erebus. It's a bit dark, I wanted to catch our patrons in their natural state!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtnQm5UjFYg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtnQm5UjFYg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thanks!

Ed Terebus
Erebus Haunted Attraction

Speculo
05-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow such great footage!

We just put the Story of the Harvestman on You Tube -

This was an Icon Character we created for NETHERWORLD that impressed the local UPN station. We did an entire TV show with them about the character and the reaction was HUGE!

Check it out... It is in Three parts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVyrEBl_BQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzo_pQhExFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSq8_dki4s4

badass
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Ben.

we were just talking about the wave of the future is viral...

you are the master...thank you.....you are one BAMF

Speculo
05-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks! Stunning video BTW...I keep telling folks about the Hooch...now they can see!

Thanks again

Ben
NETHERWORLD

drfrightner
05-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Cinefx, your video isn't working.

Larry

hauntedhousenut
05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Great video, I was at Hauntcon last year, awsome show, I met the owner, i thought he was a bald guy, who was the old guy in the video.

SSP
05-15-2008, 12:58 AM
The story of the Harvestman is absolutely brilliant!! I had to favorite those 3, just too good. And uh, where can I get a copy of "Bark Up My Tree"? LOL Seriously that was awesome, absolutely awesome. I'm a fan now

Larry you're right, this thread is producing a lot of media for all our benefits. Let me just say that being a college student it is impossible to visit all these attractions I read about on here, but being able to see these walk-through videos is enough of a taste so that I don't feel completely left out. To all of you posting videos, no matter what comes of this contest let me just say THANK YOU for allowing a glimpse inside your event. One year soon I'll head out and make the rounds, but right now I can't even afford to put gas in my truck, so from one financially restricted haunter to all of you, THANK YOU!

edwardhaunt
05-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Great video, I was at Hauntcon last year, awsome show, I met the owner, i thought he was a bald guy, who was the old guy in the video.

Hi, I'm glad you liked the video! This is Ed the bald guy, the other guy is Jim my brother and partner of 28 year! We've heard many screams in all those years and we are not done YET! This year show will be better then ever!

Have a great day!

Ed Terebus
Erebus Haunted House
Pontiac, Mi

cinefex
05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEoDm2IZM-4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEoDm2IZM-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Speculo
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
s6xwdwMrwG4

Cutting Edge Haunted House, Fort Worth Texas, Haunted Attraction Submission

Kevin Dells
05-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I would like to nominate our Haunt as well.

Woods of Terror on Church street in Greensboro,North Carolina for consideration in the Haunt catagory. (we also have a hay ride)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_3x4XnX4c

drfrightner
05-20-2008, 05:29 AM
vu_3x4XnX4c

drfrightner
05-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Kevin,

Question... at woods of terror are there really 14 attractions or just 14 different scenes or what? I guess I'm confused at WOT what do they consider an attraction? I thought it was just one long walk throug the woods...where do the other 13 attractions come in. Let me know. Interested. Thanks Larry

Kevin Dells
05-20-2008, 07:30 PM
It is one very long walk through the woods Larry with many different themes along the way. Are there 14 full houses (and exactly what qualify's a size of a seperate theme anyhow) i will reply yes some bigger some smaller than others. Each haunt does require different actors,costumes, and make ups.

The hayride also consists of a good percentage as well with at least 15 actors in it.

Does drawing crowds well over 20,000 qualify us?

Over 100+ actors on good nights?

Having to call the Greensboro Police department five times last season to ask for traffic assistance count because the road leading in was backed up in both directions for miles count?

You tell me.

I have worked for some of the bigger haunts in illinois and Wisconsin and this one seems much bigger to me and my happy little feet when no golf carts available and i need an extra hammer!!!

That and were building huge schenes now. I"ll message you about one of them and you tell me.

If not no sweat, It just makes me want to kick ass and build even more,we'll see you on the list in a year or two!

hamilton
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Consideration for "Haunted Attraction" category.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDLlg2JzejM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDLlg2JzejM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tattoo
05-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Terror on the Fox

Pro-Haunt / Charity Haunt

Here is a link to one of our videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ytZhSyEXcw

You may see yourself here as some of it was filmed during the Frozen Tundra Fright Tour!

Take care,

Tattoo

Berman1
05-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Top 13 Haunted Attractiona and
Best Hayride

SLL3b51s6mM

drfrightner
05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Terror on the Fox

6ytZhSyEXcw

Speculo
05-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Found another old video!

This is the theme intro to one of our Dark shows a few years back.. The theme was was very Hellraiser like.

The Static part played on a big screen, and the announce began once the patrons entered the room

The intro read is on our new CD - you can get it from our website or right here on Hauntworld.

shssQfToCUE

badass
05-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Dead Acres Haunted Hoochie is not just a haunted house...

its a live Horror Show...

For some reason when i try to post this the right way all i get is a white screen...sooo heres the link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iIy9KVqIOQ

Speculo
05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
_iIy9KVqIOQ

More Haunted Hoochie/Dead Acres goodness!

Speculo
05-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey Tim...the same thing was happening to me and it was driving me crazy... I found a post on here explaining it, and I got it to work .. I cannot find that post now but this is what I did...

1) Click on your Private Messages - That takes you into your profile.
2) Click On Edit Options, then go to the bottom of the page.
3) I was set on basic editor, thats why I could never see the You Tube Tool Bar.
4) Change it to the most advanced - WYSIWYG Editing - You can now see the white toolbar around the post.

The You Tube button is the second line almost all the way to the right.
Click it and then paste the You Tube ID info... all the stuff after the equal sign in the You Tube Video URL

That should hopefully work.

Thanks and keep working hard to make em sick!

Thanks!

badass
05-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Ben...

thanks for the info..

but doesn't work for me....

still white..

it worked fine a few weeks ago ..but not since...

I have always had the utube on the tool bar..and i wrap the link...but just a white screen to preview.....

another glitch i guess...

maliciousstudios
05-26-2008, 02:16 AM
I Would Like To Nominate

- Dead Acres -

BEST Haunted Attraction 2008

Dead Acres / Haunted Hoochie guys are the hardest working crew I know. They are setting the standards today - years in advance. I think they deserve recognition. AND THEIR VIDEOS ( RAWK ) You cant watch a video without thinking " I HAVE TO GET MY AXX TO THE HAUNTED HOOCHIE - HELL YEAH - "

Midnight13
05-29-2008, 09:22 AM
The 13th Gate, in Baton Rouge, LA, would like to be nominated for top 13 haunted attractions...

q-ynxpx2YXw

This is an interview from Artworx, Inc that was made in 2007 with additional footage added from the Hauntcon Preshow 2008.

damon carson
05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
I find every video of Dead Acres or Haunted Hoochie or whatever amusing. There is nothing scary about it! Its just in your face gore, fake, not real, its just funny. Nuff said.
Damon

elowther
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
I believe you must be the only one that thinks that way on this thread. Dead Acres kicks ass! Nuff said.

drfrightner
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Great video Dwayne. I think everyone should make videos like yours to promote their business. Good video!

One thing is now crystal clear to me... Haunt owners can not only make sets in some cases better than Hollywood, better haunts than amusement parks, but we can also produce better videos than the Travel Channel, when it comes to haunts. We are getting better and better at making these videos. Last years Travel Channel special was not well done for the most part, they should hire the haunters themselves to make these videos.

Larry

REDRUM
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Fright Kingdom, of Nashua, NH, would like to be considered for HauntWorld's Top 13 List (Haunted Attraction category).

Please check out the video and we hope that everybody enjoys!!!

Happy Haunting!

-REDRUM

83yALa4DBok
-------------
This October, Fear Has An All New Name!!!
Fright Kingdom, 12 Simon Street, Nashua, NH 03064
www.frightkingdom.com

elowther
05-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Nice video RedRum! How do I apply for the acting position to grab hot blondes through the wall?... LOL! I'm glad to be cross promoting with you guys this year, you put on a great show. All bets are off if you knock me out of the running with this video though....."Make room Creepy World...Fright Kingdom is coming to town!"

badass
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Damon...

Its all just a show...if it was real..then that would be scary..

..glad ya enjoy watching them...

I know I have enjoyed watching everyone's videos..

Heres another just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zki7Xb87h88

maliciousstudios
05-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Okay now Im confused..... and here I thought it was all real.... I guess its back to the drawing board for me.....

( Ive got dead bodies in the deep freeze too,
see now this is really depressing Im gonna have to get out the shovel cause noones gonna buy a real corpse )

You say " pneumatics huh ? Animatron - a - what ? " Hmmm.... cant I just use the corpses I allready have collected ?

BUMMER

Malicious Studios

* HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN *

Mutant Space Gerbil
05-30-2008, 10:06 PM
This is Something In The Ice's submission in to the home haunt category
We didnt have any quality video so I took snap shots and made a montage.
We will have someone assigned to do nothing but video and pictures this year.
It doesent do justice to all the hard work that Ice puts into it every year. Last year alone we drove over 2,600 miles round trip to pick up a horse drawn hearse. We also installed a vortex tunnel in a covered bridge. With over 40 actors and actresses every year it is hard to say we are just home haunters. We dont charge, we do it for the love of the scare. Every year we prefect our craft and improve on the magic so that when we do take the next step it will be built on a solid foundation.
After the montage is a teaser of the upcoming main character from the new tale "Mary Martin in the Village of the Damned".

vkgOdOMn3bc

REDRUM
05-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Awesome Videos Everyone!

Twproductions
05-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Scream at the Beach
www.screamatthebeach.com
Attendence: 35,000+ (2007 Season)
Attractions: Four-Full-Haunted Houses, CarnEVIL Rides, Live Stage for Music / Theatre, and Much Much More.
Cast: 300+ Members

Ranked on AOLs Top 13 Haunted Houses (2006) in the Nation.

This year we are increasing in size and taking over an ENTIRE mall for the month of October. We are adding another Haunted House (Making it 5 Haunted Houses in total), as well as many other surprises with our generous increase in space. The videos dont really do us justice, but unfortunitally its all we have currently.

We would like to be considered for a spot on HauntWorld's Top 13 Haunted Attraction List

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pk3C5W-zzY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pk3C5W-zzY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

A fun old (from 2003) video of ours entitled "Behind the Screams: Why we do what we do." The owner had fun with the guest using an infrared lighting video recorder in one of our dark mazes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1QgybrrNaI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1QgybrrNaI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

UnDeRTaKer313
05-31-2008, 07:36 AM
correct me if im wrong but i think this is the last day to add nominations

UnDeRTaKer313
05-31-2008, 07:43 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atBvn_WYXBI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atBvn_WYXBI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

just want to be safe, i wanted to upload a video as well since im the "owner" of the haunt even though it was done by someone else.

Everyone that has gone through our haunt said that this video should never have been made because it makes our haunt look really bad conpared to how good they thought it was. But we take our haunt down everyyear so i couldnt make a new one for this contest. So this will have to do.
Thanks, nick

Mutant Space Gerbil
05-31-2008, 04:29 PM
After reading some of Larrys posts, I went back and found some daylight shots of the construction and some of the facades and our vortex tunnel. No sound or glitz this time just a slide show.

xJXM2okrAlE

loudly
06-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I nominate Spooky World for best Haunted Attraction for 2008
"A haunted attraction that lays all others to rest!"

spdM6BvyA-A

badass
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I am going away for my anniversary for a few days

and i didn't want to miss getting to cast my 2 cents...

in no order my favorites are....

Netherworld.....harvestman videos are great and so is Ben

Erebus....everyone who has gone has told me..I need to go

Darkness...talk about high production value....Helps us all sell more tickets..

House Of Shock...Ross is true to his art...and over the top....and so am I....

Scarehouse...I have heard a few things...and they were all good..

Haunted Overload....reminds me of us...in the beginning..

Headless Horseman...We all have something to learn from them

13th Gate...i have heard about it for years now....and wow it kicks ass

Haunted Hoochie at Dead Acres...kicks ass all day long...

I am glad to have had a chance to show this
industry there is more than one way to run a
great haunted house...I do what i find
impressive...and if you aren't impressed....
I do not really care...

I am sure i am forgetting a haunt or two.....for that i am sorry..but i must get packing..

hope to see ya all here at the Hoochie.....Hell Yeah

here is another one...I would post it the right way.but it doesn't work any more..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FMNBSHxOM

derek6star
06-01-2008, 11:14 PM
The famous Haunted Hayride at Spooktacular Nights at The Rockin-R-Ranch Nomination in the Haunted Hayride Category
Scarry-Funny-Water -Fire- 30ft Monsters-Fire Spitting toilet Located in Cleveland Ohio www.spookyranch.com

18TH TERRIFYING YEAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSVYhQJJiA

rothauntedhouse
06-02-2008, 01:13 AM
BviAtflc4aI

I would love to nominate my haunt for best home haunt. Thanks so much! Bruce.

drfrightner
06-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Within the next day or two I'm going to figure out every haunt who was nominated and list them out... until I make that post you can still submit your haunt. You have less than 48 hours... because as soon as I get a break I will make that list then no more submissions.

Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
06-02-2008, 07:22 AM
well gosh darnit
i think all the home haunts were pretty confident until the reign of terror was nominated,oh well jk lol
but the reign of terror is really amazing, he puts a lot of work into it

GraveStalker
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM
BviAtflc4aI

I would love to nominate my haunt for best home haunt. Thanks so much! Bruce.

Just in case you can't nominate your own - I would like to nominate Reign of Terror in the Home Haunt category.

Jim Warfield
06-02-2008, 12:36 PM
The Ravens Grin Inn is also a home haunt, we live in it. Maybe it is haunted by my greatgrandfather? He was a bartender in this house over 100 years ago.
I'ne already been on the best 13 list, the first one, so I'm just mentioning the home-haunt thing in passing, I don't need to be on the list again.
Maybe next year Larry will start a "Homely Haunter" contest, you know I'll win a spot there for sure!
"What make-up, KId? This is my real face! Now start running!"
"No, not that urine stuff down your pant leg!"

neffuri27
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I thought when you did not answer my private message to make
sure you were there and open that you might be gone somewhere.
I had $36.00 burning a hole in our pocket to spend taking a tour.
SNIFF SNIFF
we are home in Bama now.

Kimmy

badass
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Here is da remix of the last one..

I think its even better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj200AXB02Y

can ya tell a differance ??

Jordan24
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Undertaker,
I don't think it worked, at least the link isn't working for me?

UnDeRTaKer313
06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Home Haunt
well my video got messed up about a thousand times but heres the final video THAT WORKS lol
its a daylight tour/pictures of the haunt with some night scenes, i understand its not the coolest vid but hope you get the idea
i an nominating it for the home haunt category, and action death nominated it early in the thread with the same video but that vid no longer works
good luck to all the haunts and feel free to comment on my vid
y4o45jMCRVg

derek6star
06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
The famous Haunted Hayride at Spooktacular Nights at The Rockin-R-Ranch Nomination in the Haunted Hayride Category
Scarry-Funny-Water -Fire- 30ft Monsters-Fire Spitting toilet make sure you see the barn at end we have a monster literally pick the wagon 3ft off the ground and shake it ,Located in Cleveland Ohio www.spookyranch.com

18TH TERRIFYING YEAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSVYhQJJiA

[youtube]djSVYhQJJiA/[youtube]

drfrightner
06-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Please look over the list I posted on another thread and let me know if I missed anyone. Please respond back asap!!!!

Larry

drfrightner
06-22-2008, 03:27 PM
View the videos here...