PDA

View Full Version : My favorite thing this year at TW

mindtumor
03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Transworld had a lot of awesome stuff like usual this year. Lots of cool big animations and cool props. But my favorite thing that I saw this year was that hopping octopus from Frightprops. I don't know why but I thought that thing was really cool. Seems kind of like an odd favorite but what can I say?

shawnc
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I went to their website to see that. It looks hilarious, but might be scary in the dark. Did anyone see the Oak Island Hallucination? How did it look?

spookologist
03-21-2008, 03:10 PM
We are working on improving our characters and scene details this year so we spent a lot on those items. We really didn't buy anything big yet but who knows.

The Distortions electric chair guy was pretty cool. That was even scaring haunters. Wow!!!
Also, the Scarefactory Grim Reaper guy was impressive as well as the wolves.
We bought the ugly bird from Gore Galore.
Ghost Ride had some cool characters again.
I still have that song in my head from Creative Visions..Thanks Mark and Dan. :)
It was nice to see Lafond FX back with their new Mossology line. Great stuff too.

A lot of new faces and new companies.

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

Motograter
03-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I have to say my favorite was the wolves from Scare Factory. Of course that giant Angel of Death was awesome but I don't know where I could make room for him or have the funds.

mindtumor
03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
The wolves were cool as well.

BackInBlack137
03-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Some of my favorites included:
-The Ivy Suit from SpookyWoods FX
-The Head Squisher from Distortions
-The Octopus from Frightprops
-The Wolves from Scarefactory
-Permablood from Pale Night
-All Prosthetics from Boneyard FX
-Chunk and Kasper from Fearscape Studios
-Fetus Costume from BodyBags (FIDDYFIDDY)

-Garry Richwine Jr.

FrightProps
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
The best by far was by far the hopping octopus from FrightProps! :p
http://www.frightprops.com/frightprops/props/Product.asp?ID=0751

The coolest was the Scare Factory elderly peeps with walkers. Wow! Here is a video:
QORc6XhbP0g

Ratbitw
03-22-2008, 10:00 PM
clausterphobia II, Jeeeeeez, did not know I was clausterphbic till I went through that damm thing.:D:D

actiondeath
03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I like the old folks. Very nice.

Kevin Dells
03-23-2008, 10:58 AM
We picked up an Octopus for the haunt this year,should be fun turning him loose on patrons

brad
03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
clausterphobia II

How much better was the claust II than the original from last year.

Can anyone ellaborate on the #2?

poison
03-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I have to be honest. Everyone that came out that thing felt the same way i did. Its not scary its uncomfortable. I think i found one person that would put it in there haunt.UNLESS you can have an emergency exit all along the way. The ceiling pushes you down to about 3 or 4' from the ground. aND IF the people in front arent moving it sucks! I think you have too many pissed off people that would not come back because of that alone.
Just my opinion.

SpFXChic
03-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Some of my favorites:
Distortions Squish-o-matic - that actress probably hated me for pushing the button so much. LOL

The octopus was fun to watch. Cute.

I was in awe of Scarefactory's display. Like a kid in a candy store. Very impressive.

Loved Gore Galore's costumes.

LaFond FX display was great.

I liked the Buried Alive/Claustrophobia attraction. I like the Claust. 1
& 2, as making me uncomfortable is much easier than scaring me.

Spookywood's costumes were innovative and it was great to see everyone interacting with them.

The impaled heads from Creative Visions were fun, too. (Though if I have to hear Elvis farting to the dueling banjos anymore, my head may explode. LOL)

These were just a few of my faves. I was new to TW this year, so it was quite overwhelming to take it all in.

drfrightner
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Keep posting because we're going to put up a poll for the Hauntworld Awards.

Larry

graystone
03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Shane from Graystone! Now my speech I want to thank my manager, Larry and the dead beat vendors that have given us all a major ass raping.