PDA

View Full Version : TWLV Auction

Karl Fields
03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
We went to the 'other' event Monday night, but I thought I would have heard about the Circus Circus auction by now. Did anyone go? Bids high/low? Good deals? Unit 70 stuff?

spookologist
03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, some of the items in the beginning were going pretty high but decreased as it went on. In fact I thought the best deal of the day was the Dr Satan animations that went for around $2,000 and that included the unit 70 brain guy. Great deal. There was some confusion on that item because the auctioneer seemed to end that bidding quite early compared to other items. I turned my head for a second and I heard him say "sold". Damn.

There were a lot of lookers and very few bidders. I came late and my number was only in the 70's.

The Unit 70 stuff was real nice.

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

BackInBlack137
03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
We got there about 35 minutes into the thing and they only had one or two things to sell yet. Some of the props were impressive. I loved all the Killer Klowns from Outerspace...but then again it's one of my favorites. The Unit70 stuff was amazing! Lots of lookers! Only a few buyers.

-Garry Richwine Jr.

mindtumor
03-21-2008, 07:20 PM
It was over when I got there and there were only a couple of people there packing up stuff. Unit 70 stuff was cool.

graystone
03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
The old fart doing the auctioning was a total asshole very rude and disrespectful. there was a few who misunderstood the item and he jumped them like they were kids and really embarrased them. If that old fart would have talked to me that way I would have told him. Look you old ass hole no one has talked to me that way sence I was a kid and you sure as hell aint gonna start now. He was way out of line and disrespectful. I really felt bad for the few that got jumped and it was all over a misunderstanding. I can say this I will never attend another Norton Auction well I will when the old fart is out of the picture!!!! Did anyone else see how this dude acted?

ihauntu
03-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Norton Auctioneers is the best auction compnay out there!!!
if David Norton jumped someone then it was right on his part!
David has a proven track record and is known around the world for his auctions!
To talk trash about him is wrong! if there was a problem you should have talked with him or his crew. He records every auction and everthing that is auctioned is recorded to protect him and his company! if there was a problem you should have talked with him there. not talk trash here!
Norton has covered 2 huge auctions for me and did a great job, his staff and crew are top notch! that's why he is hired to do about 95% of the amusment auctions that happen!
7Floors of Hell

graystone
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
just the truth. he was out of line to jump thoes guys. he talked to them like they were kids. Hell everyone even myself misunderstood and then he jumps them for that. Take up for him if you like but it was still wrong. I mean I did not even know the guys and several was talking how out of line the dude was. If hes a friend of yours then its cool but thats still no reason for him to act like he did. Hell no one is perfect well I guess he is. Maybe if he would have took the time to say let me explain this once more so there is no confusion maybe the guys would have understood better including myself and I was not even bidding mainly because I can get the stuff new for what it was selling for. Personally I think he had a stack of hoochie mama cards and he had to rush through the auction and get to them. Either way its my opinion that he acted like an ass. AND THATS HOW I SEE IT. I AM NOT RIGHT OR WRONG JUST MY OPINION! Also I might add one guy that was bidding was not mentaly right he had a mental handycap and he was bidding the old smart ass fart should have realized this and just looked him over most know that the poor guy was not right and could not help it. The dude was a total jerk!