PDA

View Full Version : Video of the Haunt Show on the news

drfrightner
03-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Here is an awesome video of the Haunt show and a link to a cool story.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/video_legacy/15655523/index.html

http://www.inbusinesslasvegas.com/2008/03/21/feature1.html

bodybagging
03-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Nice qoute..... who makes all this stuff? Just a bunch of Bored alcoholics.....who sit around and think whats the stupidest thing I can make. that spreads a nice light on the industry without a doubt.

lurker
03-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Bored alcoholics? Oh yeah, that explains a lot. They should work that into their company statement on their web site.

actiondeath
03-22-2008, 04:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Wow!

That was bold. I wonder if he rethought that statement shortly after he made it. Like "Hmmm... Maybe I shoulda said bored creative types... or bored artists..." Both are synonymous with alcoholism, but a little less harsh. Not that there is anything wrong with alcohol, but from a business standpoint, that was probably not the best thing to say.

bodybagging
03-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Me thinks sometimes people dont think before they speak..... Im sure he said lots of intellegent things but thats the one thing that made the cut. Ive had some similar things happen to me during interviews........

Haunted Illinois
03-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice qoute..... who makes all this stuff? Just a bunch of Bored alcoholics.....who sit around and think whats the stupidest thing I can make. that spreads a nice light on the industry without a doubt.

Yeah. What a moron. I think this news spot did the Industry more harm than good. We all would have been better off without it. This makes ALL Haunters look bad.

Jim Warfield
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I guess if a person is afraid of what others will think of their mental processes if they get the credit for having some really creative ideas and doing them...then they share credit or blame with Al Co Hall.
I always take the full blame or full credit for my creations, maybe it's an ego-thing with me?
Al Co Hall gets WAY TOO much unwarranted attention because he really contributes almost nothing.

stafford
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm sure Scarefactory is so proud, I know I am, come on now.

Bet there's some people at Scarefactory saying, who let that guy on camera.

Chris

BackInBlack137
03-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Man what a great representative! This guys needs to work at a 7-11 or something.

lurker
03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, it could have been worse. He could have said, "We get wasted on a big fat bag of pot, and whatever crazy shit pops in our heads we make it and sell it to that dumb guy... Screech"
That would have been worse.

drfrightner
03-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Well yes I was in shock that a representive from Scarefactory would say such a thin. Sadly the piece was awesome if it wasn't for that one thing. I think once Scarefactory sees what was said David Fauchman will have something to say about it. I know David doesn't feel the way his employee states.

You might be right about more harm than good, it was a terrible thing to say.

Its a big shocking, but I just don't think the guy was thinking when he said that.

I don't think he meant any harm just wasn't thinking or skilled at doing interviews. This is a perfect example why you need skilled and very versed people doing national interviews when speaking for a whole industry.

Larry

N2SPOOKINU
03-23-2008, 09:21 AM
I dont think he realized what he was saying until it was to late! Open mouth insert foot. It didnt shed a good light on the haunt industry but I dont think the public would of caught the comment like haunters did. We take our business very seriously and take pride in it. I'm sure scarefactory is embarrassed by the spot but it wont make me buy less product from them. I have had great success with there products and plan on purchasing more every year. Oh by the way has anybody seen the new props they build out of all the beer cans? Cant wait to see it!

Speculo
03-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes it was a good story except for that. Excellent interview from Ghost Ride! The good news is it was just a local Vegas piece. It would have been nice to put on You Tube but not now!

But as we all know that is what often happens with the media, they do a great story and one random comment from someone messes it up.

Oh well!

Thanks

Ben Armstrong
NETHERWORLD

hauntedhousenut
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
WOW, That's why everyone waits so long for their products from the Scarefactory, everyone is drunk off their ass!!!!!!!!!!

SomeThingInTheIce
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sure he was just being funny but, when you are talking to the press being funny is not a good idea. All and all a good story, you think the guy still has his job?

Greg Chrise
03-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't think 7-11 wants this guy either, he would sit around bored drunk figuring out how to game the slurpy machine.

Greg Chrise
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey wait a minute!?! I thought what happened in Vegas Stays in Vegas?

I doubt the entire world has seen the Las Vegas news.

graystone
03-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I am sure Davids employee just went from being an designer to the dude that cleans the shitters after that comment. Poor dude I am 100% sure he did not mean it like it sounded.and I am sure it was a case of camera fright! From now own let Larrry talk about the industry and let me Shane talk about the crooks and thiefs we have in our industry.

Jim Warfield
03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Of course the first thing people will say (and have said right here) "Oh, he just wasn't thinking when he said that."
Others might think he wasn't thinking because he wasn't sober?
Isn't one of the symptoms of an alcoholic is when you seem to be talking about drinking and being drunk a lot?
Many have wasted a lot of talent and years of their lives in pursuit of that next drink.

Murphy
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I thin some(hicup) some(hicup) someone put somethin in my drink!!!! I like a drink now and then. I have also blamed the haunted house for why I drink. But I do my best creative thinking and designing when i'm clear-headed. Cheers to the SCARE FACTORY employee of the month!!!! He looks like he just woke up from a binder anyway! Moron!!! He can print this off and tape it to his dressing room!