PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Product

bodybagging
03-22-2008, 02:28 PM
So There we were , In all our Glory at the 13th annual Transworld Halloween show, We were the first Vendors in the door, and were the first Vendors to get set up and organized on Friday morning.
We did final detailing on Saturday at our booth and all product was in place when we left at 5:00 saturday afternoon.
Imagine our surprise when we returned on Sunday morning to find that someone had helped themselves to multiple cases of FREEK, No Note , No phonecalls, No Nothing, so in my eyes this is known as THEFT, so Off we go to Security, which BTW is a JOKE, between Freeman, inhouse security and outsourced security, Las Vegas Police dept. They were able to fill out a report.
Apparently It was another VENDOR in the show,........
ANYONE want to MAN up and let us Know what could possibly make you feel you had the right to go into another Vendors booth and remove product?
Once Security sends me my copy of the report, I will be posting the Name of the Vendor as well as a copy of the report.
Im sure you have a good reason for stealing product from a vendor, and I bet youll have a really good story to go along with it, Perhaps you should begin your defense today and get your damage control underway......
For everyone else ...remember STEALING IS A CRIME and NOBODY LIKES A CRIMINAL!

mindtumor
03-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow, that is too bad. Sounds like you figured out who took it though. Hope the show was good to you aside from that.

bodybagging
03-22-2008, 02:45 PM
The show went GREAT! we went into the show with a POSITIVE attitude. and came out with a POSITIVE attitude.... Not letting a Knucklehead ruin my outlook on the show. The report will confirm the Identity of the culprit......

Boo Crew Production
03-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Geesh the nerve of some people. this story makes me think of that TV show "Vegas 911" I hope they are capable of finding the culprits.

Glad to hear the show was a success for you. Sad thing is, I haven't head to much on success from the Vegas TW show.

Again, Congrats

Barry
03-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Making note to check on a vault for Freek at MHC :D

lurker
03-22-2008, 03:47 PM
That is strange. Of all the stuff for someone to take.
If any of my actors had been there I would put the blame on them. They got addicted to that stuff last year. It was like liquid crack or something.
By the way, does anyone know if the FREEK people are going to do that promotion again this year? I want to find out before I strike another deal with a local beverage distributor.

Empressnightshade
03-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I'd forgotten what FREEK was until Lurker said his crew was addicted to it. That's the energy drink, right?

lurker
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, and like I said my actors loved it. I swear this is no lie, I had one big guy that drank 2-4 cans a night, and I could smell FREEK when he walked past me. I can still smell it on the costume he wore last year.

bodybagging
03-22-2008, 04:40 PM
LOL on the smelling like FREEK, as for are they going to be doing promotions again, they said halloween was a huge hit for them and they would love to continue supporting the industry....
As for it being a weird thing to take, I agree, most likely the culprit figured that he was entitled to the product or something, Once I recieve the report, I will be pointing a finger.... just for the reason that Im sure the culprit knew he had NO BUSINESS IN OUR BOOTH! In fact I am going to put out a PUBLIC SHAME ON YOU!

graystone
03-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Thats all I got to say and everyone here knows there is nothing I hate more than a sorry ass thief!!!!!! Hey maybe it was some low life that cant sell his stuff anymore and needs to steal yours. Make yourself known and if I find out who you are your ass will be posted all over here!!!!! Shane Graystone

Monster-Tronics
03-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Rob, You mean they went into your booth and did not take your great products, they took some crappy drink instead??? lol

Last year is Chi a lot of the vendors had products stolen, myself included. After that I started taking some stuff back to the room each night which is a bite in the a$$. Iíve also had another vendor rip open a product so they could steal the electronics I was using.

Itís really sad what some people will doÖ

Killer Katie
03-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Great security, apparently all over the place.... I can't wait to see who the smarmy SOB's with the sticky fingers are. Shame on you! May 1000 fingers be "waggled" in your direction! Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries! I could chuckle if you were a jerk... but you guys are some of the nicest people out there. Those bastards!!!! (Don't they know that haunt family don't forget, you mess with one, you mess with them all!)

Jim Warfield
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
and the entire time they are sneaking around getting into other's things, the theme to the old TV version of" Mission Impossible" is playing inside of their heads. Listen closely...hear that theme? Quick! Turn on the lights!
GOTCHA!!

xxxdirk
03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow, if that kind of thing happened and was proven at the tradeshows I exhibit at, said exhibitor would NEVER be allowed to exhibit again!! Sorry that happened to your booth. Cant wait to watch the DVD I picked up.....

Frighteners Entertainment
03-23-2008, 03:57 AM
WoW. I can't wait to see who it is.
They'll definitely be on my "never buy from" list.

skullman
03-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Im sure that whatever was taken from your booth will appear in next years FITCO booth !

bodybagging
03-23-2008, 05:21 AM
The thing is... you guys know we GIVE IT AWAY, Its what we do..... all knucklehead had to do was call, or leave a note, or stop by and say, HEY We stopped by and grabbed some FREEK, but noooooooooooooooooo The culprit must have been really thirsty. Bastard took my Personal stash of Purple .....
Jeff as for not stealing any of our other product, WHO KNOWS, I did a very loose inventory, and who knows if he helped himself to anything else.....
Frightener I appreciate the support, and I guarantee, I will not ever be supporting said vendor.
Greystone..... Perhaps I shall hire you on as our EXPOSE' chief..........
Im sure by the time you get thru with the culprit, He will feel like what I would like for him to look like.

NOW as for security...... I guess we shall feel lucky, JUST IN OUR AISLE alone...
The Nice Lady at GOTTAHAVEIT, Had over 1000 dollars worth of her Jewelery Stock stolen, The Teeshirt booth across from ScreamLIne had TEES stolen, Alliance Rubber mentioned that she had product missing.

Do I think that the vendor had something to do with all of this..... Probably not but it just goes to show...... That Security was lite, in fact I walked out of the event Friday, and saturday, and sunday, and monday, right past Security 4453 times with large product under my arms, They NEVER ONCE asked for Creditentials...... so what stopped me from sticking a SCAREFACTORY skull facade under my arm, nothing but the sheer weight and my MORALS.

Boo Crew Production
03-23-2008, 07:57 AM
If I were you Rob.......I would keep that morals comment to myself. lol Because I am losing admiration for you now that I know you have morals.

bodybagging
03-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Ken, Ones Morals is what seperates one from the other in this and any industry.
So I stand behind my MORALS and Business ETHICS!
Heres the deal, I think for the MOST PART, MOST VENDORS mean to do the right thing. I havent actually met a Vendor, that I believe was intentionally a BUTTHEAD.

Kevin Dells
03-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Rob, Sorry about your loss of the demon purple and i sure as heck hope it wasn't Reggie as she's addicted to the stuff!! Did you check up her skirt for rather bulky tinny sounding devices?

Was she bouncing off the walls unexplainably ? (nevermind on that one she's always does that!)

Anyhow to the thief i say! "I Fart in your general direction!" May you pass out from my stench and judging from my foul soiled diapers you probably will !!

Please keep us posted to who this devious creature may have been and they go on my no do bussiness list as well . ( i hope they didn't sell anything i bought a lot from! )

bodybagging
03-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Kevin, I did not see you there! so that puts you in the ^ and in case you do not know what ^ is, allow me to tell you young man..... ^ is DOGHOUSE!

Killer Katie
03-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Kevin - we should ALL go Knights of Kneeeeee on their asses!

actiondeath
03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Heh... I'll bring the shrubbery.

RJ Productions
03-24-2008, 12:59 AM
I know it sucks, feeling violated as someone was rummaging around in your booth!! Unfortunately it is a common problem. Gilderfluke had 2 laptops stolen from their booth in Chicago! With all the cool stuff in your booth, they swipe energy drink?? Probably wasn't a security guard...it would keep them up all night!!!!

Jim Warfield
03-24-2008, 01:13 AM
A friend who is a jeweler going to art fairs packs everything in a couple of cases and they ask only a good friend to watch the stuff when they take a potty break and slink to the van after the show giving the outward appearance that they have no money at all, watching the mirrors all the way home, driving straight through, no motel where a robbery could happen if someone was following them. Quite a life huh? I guess you can never be too cautious?

grossparts
03-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your theft Bodybag. I know all week I was worried about leaving product there, security was a joke at best. Everyone was going in and out of the doors by the dock and I was never asked once by security for my badge. I shudder to think about what was happening after we all left at night. We had a couple items turn up missing but we thought what use was it reporting it to that security staff.

Jeff

03-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Now I'm really curious....were the drinks just sitting in their booth?

And how much did they consume before they were caught?

wipp
03-24-2008, 07:16 AM
yes ken had told me of a story where some vendors stole a case of unopend tuna fish.and it was goin to be his lunch

craigsrobotics
03-24-2008, 07:25 AM
would be of the cleaning crew and/or the security!!!! Most, if not ALL vendors have this "silent code of ethics", and I would find it hard to believe another vendor would have done this!

Midnight Haunters
03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Wipple,

naw I'll save it for you to hit with a hammer and wear it. ha ha ha ha

wipp has a new nawlins tradition. Wearing tuna.

bodybagging
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Craigsrobitics, I agree you would think that a Vendor would never ever stoop as low to do something like this, BUT According to Security the Vendor in question was caught RED HANDED with the product....
You would think said culprit would contact me or try and make a explanation soon, before I get report in hand. LARRY How would you like to do a STORY?

03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
So, you got your "freek" back? lol

bodybagging
03-24-2008, 01:29 PM
AH NO! The product was distributed out amongst themselves and DRANK! All I can say is IM VERY DISAPPOINTED in said Culprits!

Killer Katie
03-24-2008, 04:11 PM
So when is the big reveal??? I'm waiting in antici---say it.....PATION!

SomeThingInTheIce
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Wow, I am shocked that they have not talked to you. I would think that they would want to make it up to you so as to keep it off the boards.

shawnc
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Never heard of it before this thread but it must be great to have caused all this commotion!

Murphy
03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
It must not have been the Scarefactory creative team, because FREEK is non-alchoholic. No inspiration there. ;)

bodybagging
03-25-2008, 03:21 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Murphy thats Insiteful!

craigsrobotics
03-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Bodybagging, I missed that part of the vendor getting caught by security...sad sad day for the Haunt Industry, my friend...pitiful...please post for all to see -- public hanging?!!!?!?! :mad:

Infoamtek
03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't know about any stealing, but the girl who was my model sure went over to you guys' booth a lot to beg for more of that drink.

bodybagging
03-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Kat was indeed at our booth aot! BTW was GREAT seeing you at the show! Keep up the good work youngman!