PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go here today???

drfrightner
03-25-2008, 11:09 AM
www.HauntWorld.com

SomeThingInTheIce
03-25-2008, 11:46 AM
I always go to the front page fist and then click on the forms, it took me back for a second. It looks good always nice to have something new.

mechanicalape
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Same here, I always start at the front page. I like the update.

Motograter
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes I did, I got hauntworld.com listed on my favorites list. So when I visited today I noticed the big change of the site. Took me a minute to find the forums link lol. Looks nice

TheNightMare
03-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry, nope, I did not. Always type hauntworld forum in a google search and the forum just comes up.

Gahaunter
03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow...I'm usually really positive but I'll go out on a limb here. I like the new features, don't get me wrong, but the page is waaaaay too cluttered and busy. It's too hard to find forums, etc. Just think what a newbie or visitor might think!

I'm sure I'll get flamed for my opinion. LOL

Gahaunter

drfrightner
03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
No you're not going to get flamed...LOL

I'm going to be changing a few things. What don't you like? Tell me!

I want to know!

Larry

mindtumor
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I like having the find haunted houses right on the front page, that was a really cool idea.

BackInBlack137
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey Larry! I like the new website. I like all the content on one page. Also, I like having the YouTube videos right there for people to see. I think that at times it could be a little cluttered, but besides that it looks great. If you can, please check your PM's. Thanks!

-Garry Richwine Jr.

drfrightner
03-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Did anyone see this?

http://hauntworld.com/yellowpages/

The url will change and I will put up the first account just to make sure it works right so DO NOT USE IT YET...

But you will also be able to create an account and sell used equipment.

Check it out. But let me get the first account up so I can show you how it should be done first.

Larry

Nightgore
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
The main page looks a little, congested? It's like too much "stuff" going on and kinda distracting! IDK... I like the graphics though and the layout, maybe some cleaning up though. -Tyler

SpFXChic
03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I do have to agree. While I think the new look is more vibrant and "modern," it's pretty busy. Too much going on. It all seems organized, it just seems like everything is trying to compete with the next.

damon carson
03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Just go on here and WOW! It really looks unreal! Nice job! But I feel like an idiot trying to find my way around on here. LOL!
Damon

shawnc
03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
but way too much info, I think. Everything is also pretty small to make it all fit. That reminds me, I need to get new glasses.

Maybe breaking things down into categories and listing several things on the front page, which would then direct you to other pages and then to others. I don't really like having to click through a bunch of times on one site but it would make it easier to read by allowing all the type to be larger. Just my 2 cents.

FrightProps
03-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Larry - It looks like a ton of work went into this.

But IMHO way too much going on. I can't even look at the page without getting a headache! :confused:

lonewolfmage
03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Larry~

Just checked this out .. usually i just to directly to the forums ..

and TBH (ducking from stoning) the layout is TOO SMALL and SCRUNCHED(narrow) if you didnt have the "thin line" border and keep everything in it i think it would look good ... and more "spaced out" .

Other than that it look sgood and like the others have said .. looks like alot of work went into it .

~LoneWolf

Nicole
03-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I noticed the changes and took me a few moments to find the forum link - I didn't see yellow pages... I think there's soooo much to see I wouldn't have caught it... but I'm glad to know they are there!

There's so much stuff it's a bit overwhelming - I know a lot of hard work went into this so I hate to offer suggestions, but as said above, wondering if there's a better way to organize or maybe categorize the info so it's easier to digest/find?

drfrightner
03-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Keep your comments coming... I'm making many changes. I also agree the site looks crunched. Will be changing that.

The more comments you offer the better we can make the site.

Larry

MDKing
03-26-2008, 06:08 AM
I think the most important thing is that the haunt banners and lists are easy to find for those who paid for them and since that's what our guests are looking for, haunt banners to click through....Site looks nice!

Allan

SomeThingInTheIce
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I like the yellowpages, very good idea. The only thing I don't like on the front page is having to move the news blog back and forth to read it. Maybe the photos that go with the storys could be thumb nails so there is more room for the text.

shawnc
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
the easier it seems to be to find things. At first glance it does look really congested but everything you could ever want is right there. So I guess I do think that it's ok. Plus you have to remember that many of the users will generally be younger and they are accustomed to things like this. One thing that I did notice is that the new home page doesn't want to let you just click back to the page you were on before. You have to click quickly several times in a row to get it to go back.

Nightgore
03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
You could probably just drop a few of those links and put them under a "section"... so that on the top list of links you may only have like 5 or 6 "sections" to choose from, each containing the different pages! It'll reduce clutter and streamline the entire site. -Tyler

drfrightner
03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
We're making changes. Contrary to popular belief, I actually listen to everyone, and everything that is said, and in some cases people are wrong or don't really know what they're talking about and in other cases you're spot on. When you're so close to a project you don't always see the obvious.

Most of the observations made here are dead on. We're making changes!

THanks for your input!

Larry

drfrightner
03-26-2008, 11:34 PM
BTW... the yellow pages DOES NOT WORK YET! So please do not try to make an account. It does NOT work!

However it will be working within days.

Larry

Jim Warfield
03-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I saw this a couple of days ago. I accidently noticed that when viewed from across the room that certain colors and lines blur together and create a really foxy, naked babe that almost fills half the screen! Thanks Larry!