PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Nurse Costume

xxxdirk
03-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Where can I find one? Any ideas?

Jim Warfield
03-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Listen carefully Dirk. Here's where to find your nurses costume.
#1 walk to your bedroom closet
#2 Open the closet
#3 move the clothes to the side
#4 slide open the secret compartment straight in the back of the closet
#5 there's YOUR nurses costume, right where you left it last time!
you're welcome.

milkunits
03-28-2008, 01:47 AM
With a snip, snip, here and a snip snip there and a couple of fa la la l assss, in the Wonderful Land of Oz I am sure Kevin Gore Galore's awesome Bride costume could do the trick.

If you are after a horse of a different color, don't forget what could be done with some bodybagging chest pieces. They could take any old set of scrubs or store bought costumes to the next level.

Hope that helps, now back to watching Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd as the soundtrack.

milkunits
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Do you recommend he wears the costume out of the closet or maybe leave it in there with the skeletons from Halloweens past?

I mean the things that could come from one mans closet could create other closets to shutter in fear.

Has anyone done a skeletons in the closet pnuematic prop yet? Big seller, I see it already!

Jim Warfield
03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
The upstairs hallway closet is straight off the hallway so people can't help but look right into it as they walk down the hallway. There is a big window at the end of the closet, at night a green light can come on I mounted on the outside of the house and shines through this window (indirect lighting!)
Skulls ring the closet walls some have some body to them.
If they want the skeleton to do his "trick" ("talk" and "walk") they have to overcome their apprehension and walk into the closet and wave at him, of course this sets them up closer to the skeleton than many people ever want to be.
Then it all happens! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sometimes their so called "friends" have closed the closet door behind them without them realizing until they turn to run away!
The closed door is not as dire as it sounds since I have large steel spider web grates in it top and bottom because that window in the closet is where the big window air conditioner is for summer cooling. We can somewhat see and hear their pleas.
After thoroughly studying this mobile skeleton the guy who was the class "Smart Guy" might say, "Oh, a garage door opener?"
"Yes, but WHAT BRAND?"
See, you don't know EVERYTHING!

Matt Marich
03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
If I remember correctly, these costumes were made from very thin Chamois type leather and heavily aged. You could probably have one made fom synthetic chamois from a specialty fabric store. We have Joan Crafts and they have many specialty fabrics. You can age the dress with watered down fabric dyes, wet the fabric first. Also try the new aging crayons from Ghost Ride, they are truly worth the cost.

xxxdirk
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for your ideas. This costume is going to only be seen for 3-4 seconds so it does not have to be authentic. Also, my haunt is in Wisconsin in an unheated bldg which will mean anywhere from 75degree to 35 and windy, so I want to try to find or create something that my actress will not get hypothermia wearing.
Great idea on my nurse costume that is in my closet Jim, but as you know because you are the one that gave it to me, that is a"naughty nurse costume"

lol

SpFXChic
03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
We made Silent Hill-ish nurses costumes in the past by modifying actual nurses dresses and aging them a bit. The fabric kept the actresses warm, since it's a little thicker than a costume version. If your show tends to get chilly (we were in a snowy parking lot), you may want to provide nude tights (they can be airbrushed) for them.

We found the majority of ours at thrift stores.

Killer Katie
03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
SPFX chic... I was going to post what you posted, almost word for word - but then I SAW your post... great minds, huh? LOL

SomeThingInTheIce
03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
xxdirk, the mask that the nurses had on is just strips of cloth diped in latex and put into a little pile to dry. I saw this on a dvd feature, was not sure if you needed the mask.

Matt Marich
03-28-2008, 05:47 PM
So your saying, well endowed actress, low cut skimpy Nurse dress, and very cold night? Hmmm..,, let me ponder this a moment...,,

bodybagging
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Matt Im telling the WIFE! Hey you guys making it out to HauntCon

xxxdirk
03-28-2008, 06:06 PM
This is Ron from A Theater Of Lost Souls. You might have me confused with Matt from Burial Chamber who I dont think is on this board.

SpFXChic
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
This is Ron from A Theater Of Lost Souls. You might have me confused with Matt from Burial Chamber who I dont think is on this board.

Ron, I think he was speaking to Matt from the post above him. :)

SPFX chic... I was going to post what you posted, almost word for word - but then I SAW your post... great minds, huh? LOL

Yes, great minds, Katie. :) LOL.

damon carson
03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
People are gonna demand they see these for more than 3 or 4 seconds! LOL! But what are you gonna do Dirk hire some local strippers to fill these parts?! There is no way they will make as much money. So your gonna have to install a stripper pole or something! LOL!
Damon

xxxdirk
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Now guys! I had not even thought about the sexyness of the costumes! I am just thinking SCARE FACTOR! But strippers in those costumes? Hmmm, there are two or three strip clubs VERY close to my haunt. Wonder what the wife would say if I broached the subject? .......... Naw, I dont wanna have to worry about hiding the sharp utencils while I sleep.

Nicole
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Here's something you may find interesting (and helpful):

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wintersknight.net/images/nursei01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wintersknight.net/nurse.htm&h=267&w=343&sz=19&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=tOsYZlWq9_IP1M:&tbnh=93&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsilent%2Bhill%2Bnurse%2Bcostume%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

She posted thumbnails next to the tutorial too - her final picture on the right side, on the bottom is impressive (the head is cool/pretty close to the movie version).

Damn I love Google. :)

PS: If you don't want to hire a stipper or have a "mammary-blessed" gal, then your girls can wear silicone bra inserts (or what I call bra cutlets!) with a good pushup bra. Hope this PS wasn't too much TMI, but since the topic was heading there and if you would want EVERYTHING to look just like the movie, I thought I'd add in "Victoria's Secret" - yep, its silicone cutlets and pushup bras. LOL! :)