PDA

View Full Version : Contest...Name the Mascot

scareshack
04-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Help HomeHaunt News name there mascot and win a huge prize package from ToxicToons, BodyBag Entertainment and Bloody Mary.
Go here for the info:
http://www.homehauntnews.com/contestrules.html

http://www.homehauntnews.com/contestlil.gif

bodybagging
04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
How about BOB?

scareshack
04-02-2008, 06:31 PM
How about BOB?

:confused:

so creative..lol

Smiley
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Nightshock Newsie
Killbrain Kid

Infoamtek
04-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Neal and Bob?

scareshack
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Nightshock Newsie
Killbrain Kid

go enter your submission.

Smiley
04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
go enter your submission.

Okey dokey.

campdoc
04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
He looks like a Joe Spook! to me..

scareshack
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all that have submitted names.....keep them coming!

scareshack
05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Down to the wire....the entries have been flooding in the past two weeks....
CONTEST ENDS TONIGHT !
Get your entry in for your chance to win!

Again, I first have to thank all the readers of the e'zine(many new great things coming), next I would like to personal thank the vendors who have helped made this contest what it is and offering a great and outstanding prize package to one lucky person.

So Get Your Entry In By Tonight...Days end...Yes Midnight..After That All are cancelled.

Winner will be annoucent sometime within the next week or so as so many entries have been sent in.

Just a reminder to those that havnt entered and a thank you to those who have.

Smiley
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
According to my watch, that's that. No more contest.

scareshack
05-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Just an update......Winning Name will be annoucent this weekend!

thehauntedhollows
05-03-2008, 09:43 AM
i cant wait to hear the winning name! I'm glad you received so many entries. With the prizes you are giving away though, i'm not surprised.

scareshack
05-03-2008, 09:46 AM
i cant wait to hear the winning name! I'm glad you received so many entries. With the prizes you are giving away though, i'm not surprised.
Thank you.....the contest means a lot to us to name this guys....We are just very greatfull to the vendors how have donated to help make it all come together.
Ok....anyways...will unleash the name soon.

scareshack
05-03-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.homehauntnews.com/contestlil.gif

Well after many name entries, aprox. 120 of them, our Mascot has been named.
After going threw all the entries and weeding threw them all, which was not an easy task,
We have decided to name him:

Scoop Tellington…..the name “scoop” was submitted a few times in various formats,
We have chosen this one as it was also the first entered and we liked the last name as well.

There were many great names submitted and I thank you all for entering.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

Bob Dane of Salinas Ca.

Bob choose the name Scoop Tellington as he fells Scoop is always the first to get the story, he is diligent in "digging" up the news of home haunters and is always happy to tell us about the latest news from our favorite past time.

Bob, Scoop thanks you very much for his name and as well as the great companies who have donated the prizes

Enjoy the awesome prize package. You will be receiving the following:

-Signed Copy of Ghastly DeadTime Stories from ToxicToons..
-Xtreme Haunt FX DVD from BodyBag Entertainment
-FX Blood(1 quart) from Bloody Mary
-Demon Beast Creature Reature Costume from Frighteners Entertainment.

Killer Katie
05-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Any runners up? I just want to know what kind of choices you had!

scareshack
05-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Any runners up? I just want to know what kind of choices you had!
KK...there were about 12o entries...it was pretty hard picking...we norrowed it down to 10...then to 5...then was stummped when we got it down to two.
I may list the top few when i get a chance.

Dr Morbius
05-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I just want to thank the Vendors and Scareshack for making this contest possible. I'm Bob D. and am grateful for having my mascot name chosen. Thanks again guys, THE VENDORS ROCK!!

Frighteners Entertainment
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
It was my pleasure to participate.

If memory serves me correctly, you've won a few other contests in the past too.
You have many talents my friend!!

thehauntedhollows
05-04-2008, 02:51 PM
yea lets see the top few!

That would be interesting

bodybagging
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
congrats to the winner

scareshack
05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
yea lets see the top few!

That would be interesting

In regards to posting the other names submitted and names in the top list for our choosing.

First off I would like to say that there where so many great entries making this very hard for us to even get it down to a few names. So, I thank everyone for sending in there entries. Truly some creative people out there.

Now, im torn on posting any names that were choosen in the top few. Why? A few simple reasons is the answer.
If I post the other names that were runners up in our choices of top names, I don’t want any ill fellings from someone who said…oh that was my entry….this can make me feel bad inside. As stated we went off the names…not who entered the name.
On my part I really don’t think it’s a wise move for me to post the other running up names that were in the finaly choices for my own sake and friendship with all my fellow haunters.
Im sure you all can understand why I don’t want to post/list them as much as I want to.

Once again…thanks to all my fellow haunters for sending in some awesome names and also to the sponsors of this contest.

So no…sorry…I feel its best for us not to list the other names entered nor the names in the top few choices. Hope you all understand my point on this.

Killer Katie
05-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I get it... some people can be bad sports and feel slighted. Very professional of you! Honestly, I just wanted to know if the named i suggested were laughed right out of the boardroom! LOL It was a great contest though!

scareshack
05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Once again, We thank everyone for helping make this contest so great.
Here is the lucky winner, Bob Dane.
Bob received the following prizes:
-Signed Copy of Ghastly DeadTime Stories from ToxicToons..
-Xtreme Haunt FX DVD from BodyBag Entertainment
-FX Blood(1 quart) from Bloody Mary
-Demon Beast Creature Reature Costume from Frighteners Entertainment.

http://homehauntnews.com/conwinner.jpg

Killer Katie
05-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Bob!!! look out behind you!!!! lol I am a dork.... congrats!