PDA

View Full Version : Texas Show 2009

Grimley
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I spoke to our Rubies Vendor who is the local Rep for the New show in Texas next year. I asked about the split between Transworld and Rubies and the two shows next year. He said he is going to talk to the head guy who is in charge of planning the whole affair to get some answers for me. He did say that Rubies will NOT be attending transworld next year unless the local rep rents a booth or two to get some sales. The new show he was told was NOT targeting just the costume and party side. He said it would make no sense to cut out a large percentage of their sales. He said during Transworld Vegas most of the major vendors attended a meeting where they voted to stay with Transworld or go to Texas and the majority voted to go to the Texas show due to cost and weather. He said they are going to try and get as many or all of the vendors to attend the show in Texas including haunt related vendors. They believe there show will be bigger than Transworld and may also move from city to city so that different regions can absorb the costs each year. He said as soon as he hears more about the haunt vendors he will let me know.

bodybagging
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Bbe Houston! 2009!

Infoamtek
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Goin' on to Houston, Houston, Houston.

Grimley
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Hopefully they can get the haunt vendors and have a really good show.

Jim Warfield
04-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Of course by going so public so early with this information all of those guys from the Vegas street will be able to adjust their schedules and be right there! (Chicago might be a little too cold for that street-action in January)

GoryCorey
04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I have gotten info on the show in email today.
I expect hard copies in the next week.

As I said in the Chicago looks solid thread, they will NOT have a Haunt Show equivalent, nor are they interested in having us included.
This is out of the mouth of the right hand man of the HPE President.

They would provide air & power, so in my case I can show webbers, promote LED lamps, but Boomer Cannons are OUT.
A surprise we plan for next year would be out too.

This show is more costly compared to TW (currently) with singles at 1950, and an extra 200 per corner.
There is no discount rate for bulk booths.
Nothing about power, air, drayage, etc.

"Regular 10 by 10 Booths include: Sign, Back Wall and Rail Drapes, 6 Skirted Table, Two Chairs, Waste Basket, Virtual Booth Link on Expo Website, and marketing materials to send to your customers.

10 by 10 (inline) $1,950
10 by 10 (corner) $2,150
10 by 20 (inline) $3,900
10 by 20 (1-corner) $4,100
10 by 20 (2-corners) $4,300
10 by 30 (1-corner) $6,050

NOTE: THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $200 CHARGE FOR CORNER BOOTHS.

Bulk Booth Space includes: One 6 Skirted Table per 10 by 10 (# must be confirmed prior to show), Two Chairs, Waste Basket, Virtual Booth Link on Expo Website, marketing materials to send to your customers.

Payment Today = $ _______ Due Upon Receipt of Application
Jan. 1, 2008 - July 1, 2008: 50% of booth fee
July 2, 2008 - October 1, 2008: 75% of booth fee
Oct. 2, 2008 Jan. 24, 2009: 100% of booth fee"

mindtumor
04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
That is interesting. Will this change some vendors minds about going to Houston? Will some vendors vend at both places? Or are some haunt vendors more interested in vending to retailers/wholesalers now? So from reading this I guess Houston does not want Haunters?

drfrightner
04-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Here is what it boils down to... Transworld 2009 will be smaller than EVER before. The show in HOUSTON has already in fact contacted MANY haunted house vendors to exhibit.

I talked to the man in charge of that show, and he said they are not opposed to haunt vendors, however they're not sure they have enough space for haunters in 2009. They only have about 300,000 square feet, and Transworld last year was about 500,000 square feet.

As for going to both shows...forget about. They're one week apart. Who can manage that? Haunted House industry might need to think about starting their own show, just for our industry, and include some other industries as well, and show at TW in a smaller capacity.

There will be many things happening and many things will happen, and some things will probably change. I'm very sure of the fact that TW has to be working with Rubies and the other to get them to change their mind.

I personally am NOT happy about Chicago in January, and I personally may not attend. We don't write many orders at these shows anyway, almost everything we do is over the net. I would say at this point I would be about only 20% for buying a booth, and 80% against buying any.

I can tell you 110% I would NOT buy a booth in Houston. I don't think any haunted house vendor should exhibit there, I think people should stick with Transworld. It really doesn't matter what happens to the costume buyer as long as the haunt vendors end up at TW in 2009, we're still having a show, beyond that our industry probably has to start looking out for ourselves.

Larry

Grimley
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
If Transworld had kept the March dates things may have been better. But with the January dates they have put the last nail in their coffin. All of the bigger buyers are going to go to the bigger show. Like Larry said no one will be able to do both and no buyers will be able to attend both. We will plan to go to Houston because we won't risk trying to get in and out of O'hare in January. Most of the people I have talked to agree they want to attend Transworld but can't due to the timing.

GoryCorey
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM
they are not opposed to haunt vendors, however they're not sure they have enough space for haunters in 2009. They only have about 300,000 square feet, and Transworld last year was about 500,000 square feet

Yes, that was the same thing I was told, space was the biggest issue, so at this time, us raucous, loud folks will not be included. They said they hope to include us in the future when using a bigger space.

My concern then becomes COST.

Which show do I do, which show will bring me the most return?
If TW will be smaller yet, can I validate the inherent (perpetually increasing) booth costs?

Demonstrating the Boomer Air Cannons is an enormous influenence when selling them, Houston will not afford me that luxury, TW does.
But the webbers and glues are my mainstay, and they can be shown in Houston & TW.

This makes for a catch 22 decision about what show to display at.

GRRRRR.

Has anyone heard anymore regarding the rumor of TW switching back to a March date in contenance to the Houston Show in January, either in Vegas, or Chitown?

Ken Spriggs
04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Well I may take some crap for this BUT who cares.

Larry, I read what you say about the haunted house vendors should start our own show.

Aren't there 3-4 shows already in operation on a yearly basis?
Instead of starting ANOTHER show.....why don't we just stand behind the shows that people already have going?

MHC, hauntcon and ironstock all come to mind

Seems that Hauntcon is getting bigger and MHC since it is on the east coast has grow in the time i have been going.
I really don't know about the traveling aspect of Hauntcon but most do like it.
The issues i have with the shows as a vendor?.......there are alot of things going on during the show that takes away from the selling aspect of the show.

But instead we are again all looking to go to a show that doesn't want us?
We all know our product is a little strange and we could do well at a party show....but most of our biz comes from haunted house folks.

mindtumor
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Wherever the haunt vendors end up is where I as a haunt owner will end up. And I am pretty sure a lot of other buyers will do the same. I totally understand the weather in January will suck but what else can we do not go at all or go to Houston where there won't be haunt vendors? I do believe if the show is going to be early it probably should be where the weather is nice but even if it isn't I am still going to do my best to be there. It is completely understandable if people don't want to risk the flight or drive in January, but until we come up with a better solution what can we do, not have a show at all and just do all online orders? Would that be easier for everyone?

bodybagging
04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
We will be doing the houston show for retail and MHC for the haunter end of it! MHC is destined to be the best hauntshow ever.

xxxdirk
04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
This really puts those of us that own a haunt and a costume shop in a bind. I guess I am just going to have to wait til after the fall and see which convention will give me the best chance of seeing the haunt stuff and the costume stuff. I really do not want to tie up 8 days in January going to conventions.....

Speculo
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree with Mindtumor here, I know we will follow the haunt vendors were ever they go. I feel it is really up to them to band together and figure out what the plan is. I know you guys are working on this... right?

I like MHC, but it is way too late in the year for placing orders on major props. I Like Hauntcon but its claim to fame, the way it hops around seems to not work so well for vendors. We have actually started buying in November to get product in time.

This split also stinks for us...we have a gift shop now that moves lots of product, and we don't want to go to Chicago and Houston.

But its all about what is best for the sellers...It may be that the costume shops want to scrape off the Haunts who are also doing limited retail sales, they don't want us around it seems.

Oh well, All I can say is we plan to support the Haunt vendors, whatever they do.

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD

toothtwister
04-10-2008, 07:07 PM
It may be that the costume shops want to scrape off the Haunts who are also doing limited retail sales, they don't want us around it seems.

I think Ben has a good point.

I had more than one buyer who, as an NCA member, 'subtly' told me that they were going to boycott any vendor making a showing at next years Transworld show- quite a shocking thing to hear.

As I understand it, many of the small mom and pop costume shops (NCA members) are p*ssed that many haunters (who they see as their customers) are allowed into a 'wholesale' show. And at the same time, many vendors are p*ssed because often times they are talking to a haunter who just wants to buy a couple of samples and the buyer for Spencers or Party City walks way because no one greeted him in a timely manner.

So it seems to me that the Party and Costume people are finished with Transworld (for the time being) with many Halloween companies as well (like Cinema Secrets).

With TW taking their show back to Chicago in Jan., This leaves the Haunters 'out in the cold', literally.

This whole mess is tough on us too since we have customers in both camps.

Like Rob over at BodyBag, it looks like we will be doing the Houston show next year to cater to our 'Costume and Party" customers (I didn't talk to ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER of mine -Haunters excluded- who will be going to Chicago), and then to the MHC later this year and HautCon (hopefully) next year.

Thad
Dental Distortions (http://dentaldistortions.com/)

drfrightner
04-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Ken,

As for what you said about Hauntcon, not taking a shot but they have less vendors than ever this year. Hauntcon has lost more vendors because its not a buyers show, its more of a fun show. I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Hauntcon but its just NOT a buyers show. Hauntcon is just a good time for those who go. Some vendors do okay, but nothing like Transworld.

I think we have to be realistic here, Transworld is a buyer seller show, without all the haunt tours, blah, blah. These regional shows are great, but there is a HUGE difference from a regional show and a show that is going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on marketing around the WORLD.

Vendors need more than just some haunters coming, they need amusement parks, family fun centers, ren fairs, pumpkin patches, to everything in between. The show has to reach ten or twenty thousand people to draw in 2 or 3 thousand buyers for vendors to take those large booths, and make those large investments.

Going to trade shows with 20 booths, making all sorts of new product isn't cheap. Additionally vendors can't go to MHC, Hauntcon, Eastern Haunt Convention and everything between with those giant booths...oh and IAAPA for those who go. You need that ONE BIG SHOW...where buyers and sellers can come together with checkbooks and new product in hand.

ALl the regional shows are great, great for the haunted house owner but not specifically for the vendor. I think most haunted house owenrs totally and I mean totally do NOT understand what a company like Scarefactory spends to come to these shows, especially on the scale we see SF exhibit at Transworld.

Its one thing for a company like yours (Sinister Scents) your booths can be shipped in a suitcase, still you spend a lot, but nothing like Scarefactory investing SIX FIGURES to make new product they have no idea anyone will buy, or the SIX figures they'll spend shipping it, setting it up, buying the booths and everything between.

Lets not kid ourselves, if you own a haunted house you want to see all the booths from the booth I've been bring, which also comes in a suit case (LOL), but buyers want to see Unit 70, Scarefactory, the big companies with the big props, and the big expensive animations. Gore Galore, Ghost Ride, blah, blah...

All the rest of us make the show awesome, but those vendors bring the most expensive stuff, and bring in the buyers. When you risk that kind of money you need a MAJOR buyers seller show.

I'm not saying Transworld isn't still the best option, but they seem to be having a lot of problems on their hands with retailers. Who knows what will happen, I don't know, you don't know.

You now have these Halloween Expo guys going after people...everything seems to be getting chopped up. The haunt industry has to look out for itself first and foremost. We have a business to run, families to feed, and bills to pay just like everyone else.

We just have to keep all the options open!

Larry

drfrightner
04-11-2008, 01:15 AM
BTW, a haunt only show isn't a bad idea, even if Transworld was the one producing it. We can incorporate a lot of other industries, and many of the Halloween vendors, who cross over... atleast our industry doesn't have to be caught in the middle of all this mess.

Because it is a mess!

Larry

MDKing
04-11-2008, 04:48 AM
It sounds like no body wants haunters around...Maybe a lack of professionalism in manner and appearance has finally caught up to us at the shows?

Also, it would be great to hear the opinions on here from those big companies, like Unit 70, Scarefactory, and Distortions. Scarefactory might spend the most developing product, does anyone know where they stand? Like their quality or not, it would be hard to imagine the show without them being there....

Allan

Cookie Crumbler
04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Allan,

Once again I couldn't agree more.

I'll probably start some disagreements with this, but I don't think it does our industry very much good to have hairy men in drag and topless airbrushed obese women with only pasties on running around a trade show floor.

I believe in any other industry they call that the "riff-raff." Sorry, but it's true.

I can understand some costumes and paint, it's a halloween show! But there's a difference between having some fun, and completely throwing professionalism out the window.

I guess now is as good a time as any to call out the guy on this board who "hates Tom Savini and Dee Snider." Well buddy, you're on a trade show floor, and you're presenting yourself as a homeless 45-year-old cross-dresser. Of course you're getting the cold shoulder. This isn't the fraternity Halloween party, it's the business world, and in that situation I personally wouldn't talk to you either.

So yeah, of course the party people don't want us there! Why on earth would they? To some haunters this may be a "Con", but to the party people it is supposed to be a serious, industry-only trade show. Suits, ties, and big-dollar orders. I don't blame them one bit.

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 07:25 AM
The Party Retailers have never wanted the haunters there, this is nothing new.
Nor is all of this DRAMA directly after Transworld regarding Transworld, every year its the same old stuff, perhaps alil different drama but DRAMA non the less....
Every Year , we bicker about the show, every year we are not going to the show, every year we GO TO THE SHOW, every year we complain about the show. If this were a marriage we would have been divorced long ago.

Like Ken said support the haunt shows that are in existance NOW.
I agree with Larry that HC is Not a BUYERS show, Ironstock is alot of FUN but not the VENUE I would percieve as a BUYERS show either.... That Leaves MHC, MHC Could very well be the EVENT that Haunters need. bringing VENDORS and BUYERS together at one time with like minded BUSINESS>
MHC is in my opinion the BEST Haunt show, now all we need to do is have MHC get that puppy rolling a little earlier and not conflict with the RETAIL show.

graystone
04-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Going to Houston Houston Houston Well go and sit there but dont come back and bitch when your sales are down. But if they are down I sure as heck bet you wont say one word about it here lmao! Ok this is it plain and simple. I own a couple of party and costume shops and let me tell you Rubies dont give a rats ass about me they are so far up WalMarts ass its unreal but in reality this happens all the time WalMart or Target and some of the other big retailers calls and they forget the people who put them in business. I myself buy from Smiffys they are overseas but they do not charge for shipping ever! Buy from Rubies and you get 50 boxes from all over the world and pay 5 times in shipping! So what they are not going to be there and so what it may be a little smaller. Bottom line TransWorld is where its at its been there as an outlet for a long time! Vendors TransWorld has given more notice as far as the dates of the show than ever before so get to work there should be no excuse. The weather well all we can do is deal with it. Lets just go to TransWorld do our buying and move on!

Infoamtek
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Your ignorance is only matched by your hubris. I was making a joke, doing a riff on an ofd popular song.

HOUSTON......(Lee Hazlewood)

Well, it's lonesome in this big town,
Ev'rybody puts me down,
I'm a face without a name,
Just a-walkin' in the rain...

Going back to HOUSTON,
HOUSTON,
HOUSTON.

Got holes in both of my shoes,
I'm a walkin' case of the blues,
Saw a dollar yesterday,
But the wind blew it away...

Going back to HOUSTON,
HOUSTON,
HOUSTON.

Haven't eaten in about a week,
I'm so hungry when I walk I squeak,
Nobody calls me friend,
It's sad the shape I'm in...

Going back to HOUSTON,
HOUSTON,
HOUSTON.

Got a girl waitin' there for me,
At least she said she's be,
Got a home and a big warm bed,
And a feather pillow for my head...

Going back to HOUSTON,
HOUSTON,
HOUSTON.

Take a bus, or take an ole frieght train,
Thumb a ride or walk, it's all the same,
Going back where they know my face,
And I'm never gonna leave that place...

Going back to HOUSTON,
HOUSTON,
HOUSTON.

So, loosen up young man, before you snap.

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow John you nailed that one on the head.
Again Shane , Im tossing this out in a polite way, you are not building any relationships in this industry, being a smartass to well respected members of the haunt community.
I can understand all the bitter remarks against your Vendor, but when you carry that over to everyone, you are just a smartass.
Honestly in my opinion when you start smartmouthing individuals you have crossed over the line.
Talking smack to Adam, and John, and who knows who else... what is that all about. Everyone has a opinion, and just because your opinion doesnt float with theirs, doesnt mean you have to be a SMART ASS.
This Industry needs to build relationships built on respect, you came here 2 months ago and I respected your opinion on certain matters, it seemed as though you had a worthwhile cause, Now Ive no respect for you based on YOUR ACTIONS.

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Now Back to the previously scheduled ontopic post.

Transworld has forgotten that THEY NEED VENDORS to have a SHOW.
Perhaps those of you that are BUYERS dont realize what a PAIN IN THE ASS transworld has BECOME for VENDORS. Vendors that PAY to SELL to the BUYERS.
BodyBag Entertainment has from DAY ONE known that it is focused on selling to the RETAIL market, There are ONLY 1200 or so HAUNTED ATTRACTIONs out there, with ONLY SO MUCH MONEY.
Our hopes are that by selling to the RETAIL MARKET, we can then AFFORD to sell to the HAUNT MARKET. Out of 1200 Haunts how many have a budget that allows them to support and HAUNT VENDOR? and Once they spend their 100,000 dollar budget with the BIG BOY vendors How much money is left for the small Haunt Vendors, Not very much.
So yes BodyBag Entertainment, will be following the LARGE RETAIL SELLERS, because thats where to LARGE RETAIL BUYERS will be.
If we dont have a good show, then all we did was lose out on selling to a handful of people that take great pride in nickle and diming Vendors over a 30 dollar mask or misrepresenting themselves as Retailers in order to get a pricebreak they dont deserve.

so Houston it is. because its the RIGHT thing for our company.

graystone
04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Out of the many people I talk to I have offened a few so big deal. Have you ever pissed anyone off? Hell look at me and Larry we have talked here and in phone conversationsand disagreed on many things you dont see him crying that I am a smartass. Love me or hate me I am who I am and in no way will I kiss your ass or anyone else who dont like what I have to say! What I say is my opinion and mine alone. When I see something I disagree with I say it. Not post it in a private message or over the phone. Unlike some here a few here and I do mean a few.It seems to be this OH MY GOSH THING HE SAID THAT CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! Yup I said it and I will say it again! Now your right I have been a member here for just a few months but I have been in the Costume/Haunt business for 20 years just because I came here dont mean I am new. So just because I made a statement and gave my opinion and you did not like it and cried about it is your problem. Hell if everyone here cried about what someone said this whole industry would be a ghost town. Lasty to the ones that dont get offended by what I say I say THANK YOU and I am glad you see that what I say is my and my opinion alone! Its clear to me here that by some you need your buddies to protect you over a freekin statement UNREAL! People here see me as a person who says what he thinks does that mean I dislike you or hate you hell no it means just that I thought it and said it. Some here wear their feelings on their shoulders how do you succeed in business and life by being that way? Here let me pass you a tissue. Everyone else keep the screams coming! One last thing its Shane not Clifton. Thanks Shane

MDKing
04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't think we should so lightly tred over the topic of our appearance and behavior as an industry, guys. It's a problem, we present ourselves as an industry terribly. Perhaps many of the problems we as an industry face is due to some of these factors compounded over the years?

Like Cookie Crumbler said this is supposed to be a Tradeshow, for professional business people, where as more than half the people walking around look fresh from a rave or even the gutter.

We should model ourselves more like the Halloween section of the floor. Sure they have near naked women running around. But the main reason is they are hired as models to show the costumes off. The people who work the booths taking orders, many of them are very professional and dressed accordingly. I'm not saying we should be all buttoned up and wearing suits, but we can certainly look and act better.

I realize that there are many haunters that are very professional and conduct themselves very well. But remember, you are judged by the company you keep and to the eyes of many we probably come off as an uneducated, rag tag assemby! Sorry, it's true....

Allan

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok then my official opinion would be that shane you are a BONEHEAD, and that sucks because I try not to base my opinions on internet actions, because things are often miscontrued online. Apparently you do not care what others think of you, and regardless of loving you or hating you, it reflects negatively. As for needing BUDDYS to stick up for one another, Its CALLED RESPECT, something apparently youve never learned in your 20 plus years of Haunting.
You are simply adding to the DRAMA that this industry does not need. If youve been in the industry for 20 plus years, I assume that you are a adult.... Start acting like one, Instead of a little pissed off teenage girl.

RobbeOne
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't post much but I read the boards often. I don't understand why there are vendors on this forum stating that they don't want to sell to haunters... but yet they are on a this haunted forum daily posting about their products... the only way we can see your products is at a show usually, yet you don't want to sell to haunters (looking like we came out of a gutter) or for us to be there. Not trying to be cause a fight, just my opinion. Just trying to understand.

mindtumor
04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't think we should so lightly tred over the topic of our appearance and behavior as an industry, guys. It's a problem, we present ourselves as an industry terribly. Perhaps many of the problems we as an industry face is due to some of these factors compounded over the years?

Like Cookie Crumbler said this is supposed to be a Tradeshow, for professional business people, where as more than half the people walking around look fresh from a rave or even the gutter.

We should model oursleves more like the Halloween section of the floor. Sure they have near naked women running around. But the main reason is they are hired as models to show the costumes off. The people who work the booths taking orders, many of them are very professional and dressed accordingly. I'm not saying we should be all buttoned up and wearing suits, but we can certainly look and act better.

I realize that there are many haunters that are very professional and conduct themselves very well. But remember, you are judged by the company you keep and to the eyes of many we probably come off as an uneducated, rag tag assemby! Sorry, it's true....

Allan

I have to agree with you here, I don't see how we can be taken seriously if we don't take ourselves seriously. Yeah it is an industry that involves dressing up and having fun but a tradeshow is basically a business trip. I am in this industry and having the big naked lady walking around the show annoyed me. Mostly because she wouldn't get out of my way at one point but still.

graystone
04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Boo Hoo Hoo I am so hurt what ever shall I do. I come off like a smartass and you come off as a know it all! were two different people is that all you got to preach about. YOU dont like me and thats cool maybe because I dont buy from you or maybe because your a know it all who wears their feelings on their shoulder. Either way you not liking me will cause me to loose no sleep or any money. The friends I have here both Vendors and Haunters respect what I have to say like I said they may not agree but they dont preach to me like I am a 2 year old kid and now that I know you seem to be interested in me I am 39! And I too have opinions and my opinion is you are a know it all. But you know what Bro tomorrow is another day. Just dont let me hear that your screwing over people ( before you cry I said DONT LET ME HEAR I DID NOT SAY YOU WERE) because then I will for sure piss you off! Love me or Hate me I am who I am and am not gonna change just because you cant seem to take my thoughts or want to be the protector here

Darkangel
04-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Not to sound mean or anything, but does she think anyone actually wanted to see her looking like that? It wasn't scary, but it was disgusting....I was embarrassed for her...

Darkangel

boneefx
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah,
They were right down the aisle from us and she kept coming up and hanging around our booth to steal our traffic. Very unethical, in my opinion. My retinas were burnt out by day 2. Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects

Darkangel
04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Really? That's too bad, you should have filmed her maybe they'd have given you a refund on your booth! What vendor was she with?

Darkangel

mindtumor
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I mean literally she walked up to our group while I was waiting at a booth and would not go away. She got right in front of us and when I turned around because I wanted a more pleasant view she moved around to that side. I don't want to sound like a jerk and I realize she was just selling product but I thought she was going a little overboard.

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Shane you continue to be a IDIOT, As far as Im concerned you have just lost any and all crediablilty. your constant babbling only furthers my convictions, I now have to wonder how much of your obsession with scareparts is legimate, personally I now think you are one of those buyers that are more trouble than you are worth, so I doubt that we will ever have to worry about a bad business dealing between us.
as for you being 39, I would have never guessed that in a million years, I would have seriously put you in the 13-15 year old age group, with the bullcrap disrepectful internet tough guy responses you spit out. Now before this continues into a huge pissing match, feel free to settle this in person at MHC with me. The Internet insults are useless.

boneefx
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
She came from Face Fx makeup booth (not too similar to Fx Faces by any mean). They were in the 3800 aisle right outside the haunt section. Larry

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Who are we talking about? and what did I miss? Larry?

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
I know personally that I got reprimanded for being away from my booth in costume, then the girls got reprimanded for going for a walk on the stilts. At any other show, its never been a problem to walk around in costume, Transworld it became a BIG PROBLEM.

lurker
04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I never knew that one woman with pasties could do so much damage. I wish I had gone to the show this year so I could say I was there when some scary boobies brought down the haunt industry.;)

boneefx
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Rob,
If you go back into this thread, you'll see how this started. There was a woman walking around with rubber faces glued to her boobs. At first, it was interesting, but when she kept trying to steal our crowd, the interest left. I'm sure there are photos out there of the monstrosity. Larry

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 01:58 PM
AHA I remember seeing her walking around, now the question arises was she being malicious or just doing what she does, Ive seen her and her group at all the shows in costumes.
I never noticed her by our place more than usual, and never noticed he distracting our buyers.
Not making excuses for her by no means but I think the roaming characters add ambience to the show.
with that said I apologize if perhaps Ive ever actually pissed off another vendor by making my way down their aisle while in costume.
When Im on stilts I feel wasted if I dont move around, and sticking me into a 10x10 booth just doesnt do it for me.

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
After reading more of the posts I see what you mean Larry, do they have a website? I typed in facefx and it came up a glamour site or something....

boneefx
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure if they have a website or not. They primarily do airbrush makeups for events as I understand it.

Infoamtek
04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
You mean there's more than one Shane Dabbs in Alabama that keeps exotic animals? That's amazing.

Gore Galore
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
You know what is kind of funny. We have actually been told to roam around by transworld staff. Most vendors also find it a nice distraction for themselves, atleast that is what I have been told.
But I could understand and do worry sometimes if we are hurting vendors close to us.
I hope not.
I do ask and never get any negatives.
If we couldn't roam around it would be no fun.
We did venture into the halloween section and got yelled at by transworld staff in that area. But you know what that does. We just got worse and ran circles around her then went back to our little corner of the showroom floor.
we went over to Creative visions with the Tree Beast and battled the Rock Monster.

JamBam
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Those faces glues to the sagging... Well, anyways, my wife made the comment that of the ten years we have attended haunt shows, that was the scariest thing ever. She encouraged me to take a picture of her, but I hesitated as the digital camera cost $ 900 last year and had many valuable shots on it. Couldn't take the chance the camera would BREAK. And I did NOT want to relive the sight again. It has been decades since I had nightmares and I did not want to start again! LOL

MindWerxKMG
04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry! I couldn't resist...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_XOfxUORGVgw/R-GGFZfZmDI/AAAAAAAAAGs/2zjrVjvd22U/s200/S6300555.JPG

MDKing
04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh crap! I'm going to print it out....I'll share this with anyone looking for a method of birth control!!!

hauntedhousenut
04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Rob why are you keeping this drama alive, you know shane likes to ramble on here, so why let it get to you, and being that you are a vendor, why alienate him and other potential buyers, why care about his behavior, care about his pocketbook, and others that may consider buying from you.

graystone
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
BodyBagging gonna do so whip ass at MWHC I am sooooo scared! Dude my dad always taught me never run stand your ground. So man if you think you scared me off you only encouraged me! Now again I am an Idiot, Smartass, Low Life. A Lier, and what ever else I am in your eyes dude thats all fine and good. As far as telling me you would never sell to me lmao dude I think your head may be bigger than your company. Again what you think of me is cool just like I have an opinion of you. You have one of me. Looks like this is the start of a beautiful relationship. Oh yeah thanks for the compliment would love to be 16 again thoes were some great years with my friends and family! Now have a good day and get to work remember we gonna do some whippin ass come June whoooooo hoooooo. Oh yes HauntedHouseNut I am 100% in agreement with you! It seems here that if you speak your mind your an idiot, smartass, lier or what ever. I guess I should not say anything and let the Lords of the Haunt Land do all the talking! Anyway I am not offened like some I can dish and I can take! Ask Larry! We have went several rounds and you dont see him crying if anything I think we respect each other more.

toothtwister
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I never knew that one woman with pasties could do so much damage.

That's putting it nicely. If having large pendulous breasts makes someone a woman, then I guess she qualified. However, she would have been disturbing even without the freaky pasties.

Larry- there's a company called Face FX?! Hmmm... Have you considered trademarking your name? It may be a little late since they have already taken the name, but you never know.

Thad
DentalDistortions

bodybagging
04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Hauntedhousenut, as far as alienating a potential customer, Im not so worried about that, I would rather speak my mind against someone that takes pleasure in assualting people that I respect, I have sat back and watched shanes behavior get worse and worse, while no one says anything to him.
He speaks of respect and yet Ive yet see anyone actually make mention of them respecting him,for his illiterate, hateful posts.
Shane I never mentioned whooping ass just pointed out if you have a issue feel free to take it up in person not hiding behind a computer screen. As far as me never having to sell to you, sunshine that is a privelige I do have, whether my head is bigger than my company or not, I decide who I do business with.
You could have dropped all of this nonsense by simply showing some tact, but instead you blew it up into this pissing match.
Shane you have done nothing but bitch since you came on this board, explain how that is productive, how is insulting people in the industry productive, Not sure what all your daddy taught you but he should have started with common courtesy. Consider this to be the end of my pissing match with you, I hope that you will do the same, before this blows up into more than it really needs to be.

hauntedhousenut
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I have jumped his azz a couple of times about his behavior, and so have others, he does seem to be better as of late, however I don't walk in his shoes, on what he lost financialy. Now I just take him for what it is, an angry customer, and don't respond to him when he goes on a rant, I do like to kid with the guy as he seems to have a sense of humor, just Like I kid with you.

I'm thinking about coming to MHC, and would love to get you and shane in a group picture><

Gore Galore
04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Shane,
You say alot with a cynical sense of humor. The problem is cynicism does not always come across well in text. You don't hear the inflection. Many things you say are intended to be funny, but it just doesn't read that way. It just sounds bitter. And the only reason I know that is from meeting you in person. If I had not spoken to you, I wouldn't know.
And sometimes you just come across as a trouble maker.

Rob,

I understand your feelings.
Just let it go. Yelling at a brick wall just does no good. I spoke to Shane and he stands behind what he says (in one ear, and out the other;)
Most people believe their own propaganda.
BUT SO DID HITLER.
hahaha

A group picture with vendors strangling him would be hilarious.
hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

hauntedhousenut
04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
You nailed it exactly, I don't think he knows how he comes across at times here, but I can see that it's not done with intent.

graystone
04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Now I have went from an idiot to a smartass to a looser to a lier and now I am illeriate wow I am hurt! And just like you bodybagg I buy from whom I want and trust me you dont have anything that would be an asset to my haunt. You from what I was told today by some friends here you have only been in this business for 2 years seems like to me you are the one that needs to sit back and learn lil man! Kevin ( Gore Galore) lmao dont be hating me man I thought we were understanding of each other. Anyway people I dont hate anyone here I just hate the politics that goes on here. I will be back going to buy and ship Ron a bottle to suck on! Oh yeah one other thing HauntedHouseNut has jumped me several times as well as a few others but if anything like I say I have come to respect them better and them me!One other thing I sure as hell dont hide behind a computer screen ask Kevin from Gore Galore he has something to say to me and we talked at the show. And like I say I found out hes a pretty cool guy who unlike you( now cry) has a good company with awsome products! Also let me add I might be illeriate I have got used to having employees do all my typing ect I built a company from the ground up and I got plenty to spend so I am sure that there are many vendors out there who has no problem taking my money ask Bo & Brady at Unit70 Ed and Marsha at Distortions Fright Props, Oak Island, Sacrefactory,Xtreame Creators, Hell even ScareParts ( now dont get me started thats anothert forum) and this is Just to name a few they love to take my money and I love to give it to them because these guys listed above are way more professional. Also I might add that some day I wont to do some business with Kevin of Gore Galore right now he just dont have anything that fits my haunt but I am sure its just a matter of time.

drfrightner
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Shane,

The topic here is the Texas haunt show, Transworld and our industry having its own tradeshow. How you diverted everything off the track, is not a surprise, but not appreciated.

Why can't we stay on topic, if you want to start a different topic, that topic has its own thread and own life, this thread and this topic is about what is going on in our industry.

This is very serious and very important.

Lets keep it nice!

Larry

graystone
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
I guess I have to say I agree and I am sorry if I offended anyone. I do believe in speaking my mind! Always been that way always will. Old habits are hard to break! Again to thoes who dont know me I am sorry and I did stray from the topic. And for thoes who do know me well heck what can I say!

bodybagging
04-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Ok shane , Im through bickering with you, as I said its counter productive, I Have nothing to win arguing with you, and you have nothing to lose arguing with me.
These forums are in place to promote education and information, that is some form productive to the Industry.
As for any further remarks against myself or my company, Thats your call, but Im sure that for the most part, Our Reputation will speak for itself.

LARRY, feel free to remove all of MY UNRELATED POSTS off this thread.

hauntedhousenut
04-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Well put Rob, cooler heads prevail, I still want to get a pic of you and shane at MHC!

graystone
04-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Elton John and the song Can you feel the love from Lion King playing in my head?